YWCA Hotel Vancouver
  • Room Service
Kingston Hotel(Vancouver)
  • Breakfast included
2,172 results
All reviewsshared bathroomsocial enterpriseprivate bathbc placegreat locationsingle roomrogers arenaroom was cleankitchen facilitiesskytrain stationgreat place to staymini fridgerobson streetbudget hotelwithin walking distancefront desk staffcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2014

From initial check-in with Ferdinand, I have been positively impressed by this hotel. The staff
is superlative, the flat-screen TV works well, and the A/C is superb. My room is equipped with a refrigerator and a hair dryer. Relative to usual hotel prices during summers in Vancouver, this
place is a true bargain. I plan to return here summer after summer.

Room Tip: My room is ideal, on the 10th floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Good price, helpful and smiling staff and very good location in downtown Vancouver.
It's also a safe place to be in the city, I recommend the place for any kind of travellers. you will sure enjoy as much as we did.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gampi
Reviewed 1 August 2014

There is one thing that this establishment needs to make a lot clearer in my opinion and that is that you haven't paid for the room when booking. I booked well in advance (4 months) and so only had my reservation email with me when I arrived, which didn't state I hadn't already paid. So arriving near 11 o'clock at night after a 7-8 hour coach journey the last thing I wanted to be told was that I owed them close to $300. This put me in a bad mood about the place but after a nights sleep I have to say I was quite happy with the accommodation.
The room was clean and pleasant and I felt I had enough space for myself. There was a lot of storage, a sink with an attached hair dryer. The fridge in the room was particularly handy for cooling drinks over night. Towels were provided along with toiletries and if you had forgotten something apparently the reception had a selection that you could ask for (for a price I believe). The desk was a nice size and the alarm clock worked well, although you could ask for a wake up call to the phone provided. They also had a folder full of information for you to look through, which coupled with the extensive collection of tourist information leaflets at the reception area was a nice touch. Look out for the money saving vouchers on the front desk for the capilano suspension bridge. The view was nothing to write home about but then again I wasn't expecting much.
The shared bathrooms on the floor were clean every time I went to them over my stay. One contained a toilet, sink and shower and the other a bath. The shower and the bath both ran hot which was nice. My only complaint about the bath was the size as it was very short, however I can see that this was probably due to space. Not once did I have to go to another floor for the bathroom even though I think my floor was quite busy. The kitchenette area looked clean as well although I didn't actually use it.
The location was great, close to the sky train and 20 minute or so walk into the main downtown area and harbour of the city. Along the way if you turn right and then right again onto Robson Street there are a few places of low cost where you can grab a bite to eat. Overall I would recommend the YWCA, just be aware that you have to pay on arrival. Also the air conditioning in the room works extremely well but is very noisy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gee231205x
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Check out the YWCA website. What you see is what you get.
We had a room with a private bath. It had all of the basics. We felt very secure. The front desk staff was very helpful. The hotel is 2 blocks from the skytrain and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 9th floor and couldn't hear any street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rlr1048
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The room was correct and the price is fair. The hotel is well situated even if the view on the BC center is not particularly beautiful. No problem with shared bathroom. Any place in the city center can be reach in about 20-25 minutes walk.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business