YWCA Hotel Vancouver
Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$134
US$109
US$252
US$183
US$239
US$230
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Chateau Granville(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$157
Hotels.com
US$217
  • Pool
Comfort Inn Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$216
US$206
Travelocity
2,170 results
All reviewsshared bathroomsocial enterpriseprivate bathbc placegreat locationsingle roomrogers arenaroom was cleankitchen facilitiesskytrain stationgreat place to staymini fridgerobson streetbudget hotelwithin walking distancefront desk staffcentral location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2009

This place was perfect for us. Yes, not luxurious by any means, but for the price and the location I don't think anyone could argue with it.

We had a room with a shared bathroom, which was a little odd, and if I went again I'd probably spend the extra and get the ensuite. I found it a little frustrating sometimes when the room next door decided to shower at 5 am - it was a noisy shower and inevitably woke us up.

The cafe downstairs had nice coffee and muffins etc, which was a nice and cheap way to start the morning. I walk a lot so found most places easily accessible on foot, although less energetic folk may prefer to use the buses/taxis were are both very reasonably priced and efficient.

The front desk staff were wonderful and couldn't have been more helpful - especially when the padlock on our case broke and they helped us to remove it!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twinkly
Reviewed 2 August 2009

Vancouver is faubulous! I was considering moving there, but didn't. The relationship I had there ended. I was actually there in the early 90's I think it was.

Anyway, if you don't like rain--it was the rainy season when I was there. Don't remember when exactly that was, but probably can find out for anyone interested. Vancouver IS the rainforest. So it rains quite a lot. The city is right on the Pacific with a mountain range lining just above the ocean. Breathtaking scenery cause you have the mountains and the ocean, obviously. (I will never be a travel writer!)

The people are so friendly and helpful. Canada is bigger than the US as a land mass; and there is a much more sparse population. So plenty of land for everyone. It doesn't feel as crowded as the US would seem. And everyone says, "ay?" at the end of their sentances. So cute.

So, GO, GO, GO to Vancouver! Also a ton of Sushi restaurants because it is close to Asia. Was the place to go for sushi in the 90's. Now Boston seems to rival my memory of how very many sushi spots there were there.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2009

If you are looking for a great budget hotel, this is a great place to stay. Very friendly staff, clean hotel. Six of us stayed in one room with 5 beds, a private bath. Good location, a little far from the HOHO stops. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Stayed here after dropping off rental car, so we were delighted at how easy it was to get around from the YWCA to see so much of central Vancouver - Downtown, Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown, Granville Island, Stanley Park, etc. Room was compact, but clean and well serviced. Staff were always friendly and helpful. Only quibble with room was that we'd opted for a shared bathroom (between us and next room). Next time I'd go for a bathroom down the hall - more to choose from if someone's in one, and less noisy when your neighbours are having an early shower, etc.! Alternatively, you can pay more and get an ensuite, but I think I'd be happy with the shared one down the hall just as much, and a lot less cost.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2009

Clean, very comfortable bed, close to SkyTrain , quiet. Good friendly service from Reception. The shared toilet/shower takes a little while to get used to, but fortunately there is a sink inside your own room.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business