“Discovering Gastown and Chinatown”
Review of Vancouver Urban Adventures - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vancouver Urban Adventures
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Vancouver Walking Tours, Vancouver Biking Tours, Vancouver Sightseeing Tours, Vancouver Tours
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Discovering Gastown and Chinatown”
Reviewed 9 July 2011

I was on a Gastown/Chinatown tour a couple of weeks ago and just wanted to write to say the tour was very interesting and the guide was excellent! Jana clearly knew her stuff and, more importantly, seemed to really care about the information she shared with us. My friend and I enjoyed ourselves very much. (I’ve lived in Vancouver for five years and, although I'd been to both Gastown and Chinatown many times I learned a lot of fascinating details from the tour).

1 Thank CarolynJS

Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely Fantastic Tour!”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

The Gastown & Chinatown tour we did during our holiday in Vancouver was outstanding. Our Guide Blaze was passionate, informative, and had great humour mixed into his commentary. We got a great perspective of historic Gastown and Chinatown was quite fascinating. I definitely would recommend this tour to others who want to experience a unique way to see this very amazing city. Blaze also gave us some great recommendations on what else we should do while in Vancouver.

Visited May 2011
4 Thank Craig6766
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Good but not great.”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I did the Gastown and Chinatown walking tour. The tour was good but not great. I didn't think that for the money it was worth $25CAD. Our tour guide Blaine or Blaze (?) gave a very informative tour. I kept having issues with my headset and stopped using them. It was easier to hear him without the headset. We went into a local bar (Gastown) and was asked if we wanted to try a particular beer everyone did and then the guide came back and said that the tap wasn't working :(. An apple cider beer was offered but nothing else. So two of us didn't get to try any of the beers :(. We then headed over to Chinatown and went into several stores. I wanted to make a purchase but there wasn't enough time. We then went into a tea shop and tried tea (which was a really same cup of tea). My issues are if you are going to take us into stores let us shop for a minute or have the stores offer a discount and we can go back on our own. I really don't see the point in going into these stores if there isn't an incentive. Our tour ended 20 minutes early, which most of the time I felt was rushed. We should have had a chance to make purchases or end the tour at the time that's indicated (2:00pm). Just a thought, extend the tour if it ends early. Another thought, offer more places to sample products from. Maybe if I had a Groupon certificate like everyone else then I would feel like the tour was worth what I paid.

2 Thank christine p
Vancouver, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Have fun and learn about your own city!”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I treated my friend to the walking tour today. Luckily for us, the other tourists didn't turn up so we had Jenny Craig, our guide, all to ourselves. She was amazing and so much fun. We live in this city but she opened our eyes to much of its history that we did not know. Jenny was fabulous and it was a great experience. I wouldn't hesitate to do another tour! Thanks.

2 Thank JRogers70
Vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The BEST Walking tour I have ever taken!!”
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I have lived in Vancouver most of my life (37 years) and have worked in the tourism Industry for over half of it! I found this tour to be extremely informative (great for both locals and visitors!), highly enjoyable and very different from any of the tours I have ever taken...and that's saying a lot as I have taken many of the tours offered by most of the companies in Vancouver! Blaise, our tour guide was very knowledgeable, passionate and made the tour very interesting. He is definately on top of his game! I would recommend this tour to anyone who is looking for something different from the usual bus tour or even most walking tours AND really to anyone who wants to learn about the area. I have a true appreciation for the Gastown and Chinatown areas now that I didn't have prior to taking the tour... I have learnt so many new things that I am now able to share with my guests, colleagues and friends. If you are limited on time, this is definately one tour you don't want to miss!!

Visited April 2011