“Decent Room and Good Shuttle Service”

Executive Inn Express Richmond
Executive Inn Express Richmond
Ranked #82 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for a quick one night say before returning to China. The rooms were decent, quiet and the beds were comfortable. A very average room. The phones were surprisingly difficult to operate. I kept trying numberous times to dial out and reverse the charges. After calling the front desk for help he said he would do it for me. After the call the front desk attendent called my room and said I did it wrong and he would have to charge me long distance for the call. I went to discuss it with him and he said he had called the telephone company and had the issue resolved. He said this happened all the time. This was the only annoying part of the stay. Beyond that, I was satisfied. There is a Starbucks and Subway just 10 minutes west of the hotel which made for convenient breakfast on my morning trip out.

The best part was the location and free shuttle to the hotel. The shuttle was a little late and it was rather cold out, beind December, but I was fortunatly prepared with a jacket. The driver was VERY helpful and since I was the only one on the bus we had a nice conversation on the 15 minute ride to the hotel.

For a quick one night trip, I would recommend this hotel. The price is right and the comfort level is what you would expect for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Executive Inn Express Richmond

Reviewed 3 February 2013

Suprised to hear that this place is closing down and becoming a senior adult living center ! Stayed here in August 2012 for a few days vacation. Convenient to the public transportation line, night market, and the large casino. Costco was also right across the street.

Check in was friendly with a small check-in desk. We stayed on the 3rd floor, but found that it was quicker to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. Rooms are spaced out along the perimeter of the hotel and the courtyard was open in the middle of the building.

Rooms were a bit dated, but adequate and clean. Beds were comfortable. We asked for a shower cap and the front desk was able to supply this. We actually used the shower cap to wrap the remote control in since it's the most bacterial laden item in any hotel room.

Breakfast was complimentary and consisted of coffee, orange juice, toast, eggs, and sausage, served in their restaurant. Great value for the budget traveler! Kind of sad to see it go.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RGb747
Reviewed 24 January 2013

This hotel is closing and becoming a senior adult living center. However, the staff made this hotel feel like home. Mike, Sammy, and Lucy are wonderful people. I will miss staying with them the next time I'm in Vancouver.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed here because of the free shuttle to the airport as we had an early flight. The rooms are very very basic and in need of some updating but the sheets and the toilet were clean. My husband ended up with the flu and the front desk staff were very accommodating with giving extra blankets and telling me where the store was for medication. The mini fridge was so loud I ended up unplugging it, it rattled and clunked every half an hour or so. The worst part was the walking upstairs. At 2am I actually got out of bed and went to the front desk to ask them if were below a bar, that's how bad it was. They said no one was even staying in the room above us but they very nicely offered to move us and were apologetic. My husband was so sick though there was no way we were moving. I asked for earplugs but they didn't have any. By 3am I ended up putting headphones on and listening to music so I could manage two hours sleep before getting up to go to the airport. Oh and luckily, my poor sick husband was feeling better in the morning and was able to fly, whew. Moral of the story, it's inexpensive, the staff are nice, the sheets are clean, and the shuttle is free but you have to bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2012

There are mushrooms growing in the stairwell from the garage leading to the lobby!!
The room was standard, Ok for the price., shuttle to and from the airport poorly organised but got us there. The last shuttle from the airport is at 12:15 and you have to phone to get them to come. If you stay a night you get 7 days free parking and $5.night after that

Room Tip: we were told by the desk clerk that the upstairs rooms are bigger so that's where we stayed
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cankiwi
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Perfect place to stay. Not a new hotel but nice big rooms with tv and AC. Close to the airport and shuttle bus runs every half hour. Not far from skytrain with connections to other areas of Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annette L
Reviewed 29 October 2012

A little noisy early in the morning but then I was across from the elevator. Average clean room close to the airport with pick up service. Previous trips to hotel offered breakfast in the Restaurant but did not receive this time. To late arrival for the wine and cheese.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harveyrogalsky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vancouver
Bridgeport
Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport
Bridgeport
Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport

Been to Executive Inn Express Richmond? Share your experiences!