“Stunning rooms - a home from home!”
Review of Carmana Plaza

Carmana Plaza
Ranked #47 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 February 2014

These apartments are brilliant, they are spacious, stylish and upmarket - you really couldn't ask for more! The service here is lovely and friendly and everyone is full of smiles. This is the perfect place if you enjoy home from home stays - hotels don't do it for me, I don't have the freedom of space like I do in apartments like this, so if that's how you enjoy to stay then this is the place for you. Also incredible value for money in a great central location!

Room Tip: Stay as high as you can for amazing city views!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sinead F

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I stay at the Carmana Plaza whenever I come to Vancouver now and rate it amongst the world's best kept secrets in serviced apartment stays. It has spacious rooms and I love the little study and kitchen which provide everything I need for a business trip. The staff are friendly and helpful and the deli across the road has everything you could possibly need for food or odds and ends. In addition you are just seconds away from Robson St when you need to do some shopping and not far from Granville St station with a direct line to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank pommybattler
Reviewed 31 January 2014

This was great accommodation in a very good location. Beds were very comfortable, unit very clean and staff helpful. The urban fare over the road was great for supplies and breakfast. This hotel is very easy walking distance to downtown, Gas Town, the waterfront and Stanley Park. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with four single beds - suited us perfectly. Would stay again.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank kiwifamily5
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Again we enjoyed our stay at the Carmana. Lovely welcome from Desam Fong who also acknowledged our email when we thought we may have been late checking in due to the winter chill across Canada
Rooms still as we remembered some years ago but they are going to be refurbed which will make them even better as there are now tell tale signs of wear & tear.
Towels in bathroom are fairly thin & could be an extra one or two instead of just the two. I hope the shower head is replaced as old fashioned & no adjustment. Toilet became blocked but a call to reception & within minutes maintenance was there to fix it
This hotel is in a great location we walked to Gas Town & I have a bad hip it took us maybe a slow 20-25mins. The Urban Fare over the road is still excellent which also houses Starbucks coffee. Fast food places next door Bottle shop is now on opposite corner due to the new building being built next to the Carmana.
Concierge staff always extremely helpful. Will look forward to returning to Vancouver & Carmana especially after the refurbishments are completed just hope you will always keep your rates competitive

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peggysue45
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Location is tops! Short walk to all shops, restaurants etc. you're literally at the heart of the city but because Vancouver is generally a peaceful quiet one you don't feel it.
The suites were lovely. Modern and spacious plus impeccably clean. It came with a full serviced kitchen plus a beautiful balcony facing the skyscrapers.
The staff were very helpful, most of them Filipino like us so that came in pretty handy!
The gourmet grocery across the road is something you have to see - it made me hungry every time I stepped inside!
Thai restaurant next door was great as well. They don't have a restaurant inside the premises but you'll find a Tim Hortons steps away from the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank trip_momma5
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This is a bit late of a review but oh well. My husband and I stayed here at the end of July to attend the Celebration of Light for our anniversary weekend. We were so happy with our choice. You get a lovely, modern suite and in a great location. The room had a full kitchen that we used quite a bit considering we were there for a several days. There was also a lovely living room, balcony, dining area, just perfect!

The location was fantastic. You're close to many restaurants/coffee shops and right across the street from the hotel is a grocery store. So convenient.

Lastly the staff is very friendly and helpful. Check in and check out were quick and efficient and they acknowledged our anniversary which was very sweet!

Loved the hotel. Has a very homey feel to it. Definitely give it a try on your next trip to Vancouver!

Room Tip: It's worth it to pay a bit more and get a higher floor. Having a beautiful city view is so worth...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Krista D
Reviewed 18 October 2013

If you want a convenient place to stay in Vancouver, look no further. I was there for 2 nights 10/09/13. From the time, I arrive, the doorman greeted me and deposited my checked bag at the front desk. The check in was very smooth with all the necessary information needed for the stay. I had two issues during the stay i.e. the coffee maker and the slow toilet bowl. Both issues were taken care off during my absence and the front desk asked twice whether the issues were taken care off. The one bedroom suite is large, very comfortable and basic. Everything you need in the kitchen is available.

This is where I will be staying whenever I am to Vancouver.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business