We found the hotel easily enough, the car park however was a bit of a nightmare. We ended up stopping outside the front doors (make sure someone stays with the car though, traffic wardens are quick!) and asking at reception. The car park entrance is actually through an alley at the back. But once checked in we hoped our stress levels would drop. But it took over 10 minutes for a lift to take us to the 9th floor. And that was the quickest we got! Three lifts but only one working for the 2 nights we were there. It wasn't too bad walking down the 9 floors to get out, but a real pain waiting every time for a lift back up. And looking at previous reviews, it appears a regular occurrence. And for that alone I don't think we'd stay again. If you know there's a problem....FIX IT!
The room was adequate if a little dated. But nice to have a little kitchen and separate sitting area. Moxies bar & restaurant next door however was a delight. Good food and good service. And very reasonably priced. When we return in a few months we will certainly have another meal in Moxies; the hotel however will not be on our list.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 24 storey full service all-suite hotel in the West End, Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street is minutes from the historic Stanley Park, an abundance of beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Let us focus on your stay, while you focus on the fun stuff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Suites Vancouver On Davie Hotel Vancouver
- Sandman Hotel Davie Vancouver Downtown
- Sandman Suites Davie