Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street
US$320
US$287
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$309
Agoda.com
US$358
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdavie streetwasher dryergay districtfull kitchenstanley parkliving roomocean viewgranville islandwest enddrug storemin walklots of restaurantssunset beachenglish bay beachoutdoor poollight sleeperhigher floor
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was great it had wiifii in the room,and a full kitchen,washing machine,and the view,you cant beat,The best location,we were close to the top and wow it was the best.Staff were great,and just accrose from the supermarket.All the resturants were in this street as well.

Room Tip: Just stay there you will find out your self,we will stay there and seed people there any time. Stay high.great views.day and night.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Yes, the west end is a good location, but stay someplace else. It will be worth the extra 10-minute walk to the sights. Anyone who can give this hotel a good rating has never stayed at a good hotel. Old, dirty, slow elevators, loud music at night from clubs, TINY room. Pull-out "sofa" is a cheap, cardboard-like small loves seat. Air conditioning only in living area, so bedroom is hot. Room so small, can't open the door all the way when bed turned down. Only one of the 4 people on staff during our stay had any interest in being of service. The others were completely disinterested. Food in restaurant was edible but not enjoyable. We stayed out until we were exhausted because we just didn't want to be in our room. Price was low but certainly not reasonable for what was offered.

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank Babswanabe
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We found the hotel easily enough, the car park however was a bit of a nightmare. We ended up stopping outside the front doors (make sure someone stays with the car though, traffic wardens are quick!) and asking at reception. The car park entrance is actually through an alley at the back. But once checked in we hoped our stress levels would drop. But it took over 10 minutes for a lift to take us to the 9th floor. And that was the quickest we got! Three lifts but only one working for the 2 nights we were there. It wasn't too bad walking down the 9 floors to get out, but a real pain waiting every time for a lift back up. And looking at previous reviews, it appears a regular occurrence. And for that alone I don't think we'd stay again. If you know there's a problem....FIX IT!
The room was adequate if a little dated. But nice to have a little kitchen and separate sitting area. Moxies bar & restaurant next door however was a delight. Good food and good service. And very reasonably priced. When we return in a few months we will certainly have another meal in Moxies; the hotel however will not be on our list.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank poppyland3
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I have stayed at the Sandman Suites several times when I come to Vancouver, and plan to continue each time I return. I stay in a room quite high up (20-22 floor) and it's one of my favourite things to roll a chair out onto the balcony and gaze out over both the city lights and English Bay.
The rooms themselves have always been impeccably clean, with friendly and polite staff all around. I am always impressed by how many features there are in the rooms...full stove and fridge, clothes washer and dryer, nice toiletries, etc...
I love the wood floors and the way the rooms are laid out. The hotel itself is in a nice location...I always walk down to the path along the Bay, and the Vancouver Aquarium is also a nice trip if you are a good walker. This most recent time I walked to Gastown, and was that much more grateful I was staying in the West End...it was far too touristy for my taste in Gastown, whereas the West End feels pretty normal (although I am not over the moon about some of the "specialty" toy and video shops nearby). If you take the Canada Line from YVR, the walk is a bit of jaunt (especially since it's mostly uphill) but I personally enjoy that after a long flight.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, and can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The location is terrific. Right in heart of Davie; just a 10 minute walk to Robson and 10 minutes to English Bay/Stanley Park. Moxies in hotel is amazing. Great city views. Be sure to go for a high floor with a view. Worth the extra.

Room Tip: take a high floor with view....worth it
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple