Stayed here for a week in August. Service at the reception was quick and efficient on check in. We were given a room on the 4th floor and asked if there was anything higher available and were told only at an additional cost. We stayed put and this turned out to be a mixed blessing. The room was a wee bit dated but very clean and well appointed with kitchen, including dishwasher and washing machine/dryer. The decor was a bit dated and no chairs available on the balcony.You had to take one out from the room and this was a pain as the patio doors were stiff and when we opened and closed the louvre blinds then the slats would fall off!
Bathroom was clean but towels are very small.Could do with larger ones. Air conditioner in the bedroom was extremely noisy and had to be turned off every night. Room does get hot. There was an ice machine and coke machine right outside our door so very noisy.The maid service was very keen as she knocked on our door just after 8 every morning to see if we were ready to have our room cleaned.
The rooftop parking for the hotel is on the third floor so twice we were woken by workmen one floor below us outside the balcony using an industrial sander on the car-park surface.
As stated the 4th floor was a mixed blessing. The BEST thing about staying on the fourth floor was you didn't have many stairs to go down to get to the lobby!! The lifts are a complete joke. (only 2 of 3 working for the whole week) In a weeks stay I managed to come down in them only three times and found it far quicker (as did every one else on that floor) to just use the stairs. On our last morning when we checked out, the maid actually cleaned a room as we waited for the lift. Sadly it failed to arrive though we did hear it passing, so had to carry all our cases down the stairs. Going up in the lifts one time we met a distraught couple who had got into the lifts only for the doors to shut before the kids got in, trapping the couple in the lift and the kids in the hallway, forcing all to wait an interminable period before the lift decided it was their floor's turn to have another visit.
On a visit to the outdoor pool, one of the floor tiles broke as I stood on it causing me to slip and hurt my back on a low wall on the patio round the pool. Staff were fairly indifferent when I reported this and showed them my injured back. Breakfast is served in Moxies Grill next to the Hotel. It was ok but service not the best. Orders were mixed up and we had to ask for fruit juice everytime though it was supposed to be included. We quickly gave up eating here and visited some of the excellent places nearby. Overall its fair and if you can escape the noise and get a floor regularly visited by a lift then I'd possibly stay here again. Great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 24 storey full service all-suite hotel in the West End, Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street is minutes from the historic Stanley Park, an abundance of beaches, restaurants, and shopping. Let us focus on your stay, while you focus on the fun stuff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandman Suites Vancouver - Davie Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandman Suites Vancouver On Davie Hotel Vancouver
- Sandman Hotel Davie Vancouver Downtown
- Sandman Suites Davie