“Best hotel experience I've had”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel
Ranked #48 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
“Best hotel experience I've had”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

6 nights: This hotel was recommended to me by a Vancouver friend, and it was a great recommendation. I lost most of my eyesight on the flight in and by my first morning was pretty much blind. I spent a week here and the staff was nothing short of spectacular in helping me with my unexpected impairment, getting me to appointments and a couple of day surgeries, finding me another room and moving me when my stay had to be extended before I could fly home, etc., etc. They did everything I needed or wanted, and I felt like I was with professional people who looked out for me. My room(s) were a good size and quiet, and the hot breakfast was very enjoyable and I liked the ambiance- you could sit by yourself or converse with others. Room rates are very good and the location handy for most things too. I'm sure it was clean, but I couldn't really tell ;>) Best hotel experience ever.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Blair R
Dave S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel, it pleases me so much when a guest feels that the level of service we provided was outstanding. I am very happy to hear that all the staff was more then helpful especially considering your circumstances. We hope to see you again in the future.

Best Western Plus Uptown Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Indonesian first
Castlegar, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Every time I come to Vancouver, I stay at the Uptown. The staff is fantastic. Great quiet rooms and good breakfast! The location is convenient to public transportation or an easy drive from all directions. I highly recommend the Uptown!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you very much for the very kind words, I will be sure to pass on the compliments to the Front Desk staff. I am always happy to hear such reviews from repeat guests and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Canberra

Spent 3 nights there.
Excellent clean quiet room, friendly helpful front desk staff, free wi-fi and free breakfast would most definitely stay there again.
Close to Broadway and trolley bus to all attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking your time to provide your review of our hotel, it always pleases me to hear that a guest has had an enjoyable experience here at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Forest Grove, United States
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Staff is effective and the location is accessible to most everything important in the city easily by walking or public transit and their restaurant is great! Their exercise facility is superb. The one downside to the convenient location is the noise to which it is subject from the busy streets and the mall across the street, but the staff and amenities far make up for it.

1 Thank Gavin K
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel, I am very happy hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future. Also thank you for mentioning the noise issues, we understand that light sleepers may have problems with our Kingsway rooms, thankfully more than 50% of the rooms either face the courtyard or East 10th Avenue with only 23 of the 69 rooms facing Kingsway.

Thank you, and we hope to see you again in the near future.

St. Catharines, Ontario
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is a rundown establishment!! The description on the net sounded good.The beds were clean,the free breakfast was OK. However,the furnishings,the décor and the general ambience was rundown. The double room with bed was small-a couple holding hands could touch all the walls!!,probably. We had booked for 6 nights but checked out after the first night. here were others doing the same-one woman complaining about toilet troubles!!! She was told they had plans to refurbish the place-that it was not a Best Western when they acquired the premises. They should not have opened as a Best Western until the work had been completed.Reviews such as this will take months at least to overcome1 Two weeks previously we had stayed at a Best Western Plus and it was everything they advertised. If this was our first stay at a Best Western we would never return to any other .It presented as a seedy hotel often depicted in a movie. We could never recommend this to anyone.Period.

Room Tip: No Chance!!!
3 Thank cudgel10
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review, we always do our best to be transparent in our sales and marketing, as such we have never denied that we are a boutique styled hotel with smaller rooms, therefore, we recommend guests to book our King rooms or Double rooms if size is a factor in your accommodation decisions as our Queen rooms are the smallest in the hotel. The hotel has been a Best Western and a very high ranking one for 11 years, we have received Directors awards, Quality Assurance awards and the TripAdvisor Award of Excellence over the past years. However we realize that the hotel needs a refresher, we began that process this year with the flat panel TV's, Triple sheet bedding and new headboards in guest rooms, while the hallways received new carpeting and wallpaper as well. In the near future Guest rooms will undergo the remainder of their renovations with fresh carpeting, all new furniture and the addition of refrigerators in all guest rooms.

It was myself whom had personally checked you out and I wish that we had the opportunity to discuss this in person that day, it would have given me the opportunity to further explain the conversation you overheard with the other guest. In fact they had checked out due to an issue with their toilet one which we had not been given the opportunity to address before they made their decision to check out of the hotel.

In future visits to Vancouver, I would appreciate the opportunity to show you that we are a quality establishment. Please feel free to contact me directly at info@bestwesternvancouver.ca

Oshawa
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean hotel. Friendly, courteous staff. Close to airport and ship port. Would stay there again. Restaurant beside hotel has great food. It was great value for downtown. Is within walking distance to coffee shops and the piers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dave S, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Uptown Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel and giving our future guests a little insight into the neighborhood. We look forward to seeing you again during your future visits to Vancouver.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Very happy with my stay at this hotel for 2 weeks in May 2014. It is close to downtown, bus ride away from Stanley Park, close to a shopping mall and restaurants and coffee shops! Staff at the hotel are super friendly, including front desk, breakfast, and room service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Olga K
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review of our hotel, I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Dave Steven