“best place to stay before the cruise out of Port of Vancouver”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 June 2012

New, clean, beautiful,- has everything you need to wait for your upcoming Cruisre and check out the City of Vancouver. Loved it! One thing to remember,- due to location right in the middle of the City and Port you might hear traffic (I am a sensitive sleeper and always brng my year plugs with me,- I am glad I had those handy for this stay). Other tthe that,- great Room Service menu (a bid pricy though)..

Room Tip: All the rooms are good/ typical but you might ask for those which are facing the ocean,- gtreat view...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,909)

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Recently stayed for two nights at this property. Normally I like to be in more central downtown but had an event at the Convention Centre, so chose this property.
I had been at this hotel before for meetings, but this was my first time staying overnight.
Was a bit disappointed that I got a room with two double beds rather than one king as requested - the front desk was a bit abrupt and had to ask twice for them to look and see if there was availability of a king bed room.
Hotel room itself was 3/4 star business standard. The beds were comfy - the Marriotts all seem to have gone to white duvets and sheets - not sure why.
The bathrom had a separate shower and bathub. I am a shower fellow - wish the cubicle for the shower was bigger - could barely turn around in it.
The worst part of the room was the ventilation system. I had initially put it on "auto"....but when the system kicked in it was LOUD! I am not a light sleeper and it woke me up every time it kicked in - was bad enough that I chose to shut it off. I can only imagine what it would be like if it was quite warm and I needed to have the air conditioning on.
The best part of the room was the tv - and the fact it had a good selection of HD channels - watching Euro Soccer and Basketball was great!
Had room service once - the service was fast and friendly - food was just ok/average.
Check out was fast and easy - they had a quick dial out check out system.
Overall I am giving this a 3 out of five - if there was an option to give 3 1/2 I would - I just think giving it four is too generous.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms - overlooking the waterfront and convention centre offer the best views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

We recently stayed here for a night and it was great! We didn't have a car but we were able to walk anywhere. We walked to dinner, Stanley park, and even found a mall! It was a bit of a walk to Stanley park but you really got to see the city on the way. It is so nice to travel on a 9hr flight and relax in such a nice hotel. Top notch hotel!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AliciaJeremy
Reviewed 19 June 2012

I have stayed in many many Marriotts around the world but the Vancouver Pinnacle is without doubt the quintessential Marriott which all of its chains worldwide should be attempting to replicate.

Although perhaps not the most stunning building in the world, indeed the lobby is rather small, the attention to detail in this hotel is wonderful. All the staff are friendly, approachable and knowledgable. The building is SPOTLESS, I felt like I could eat off the floor and the general atmosphere was bright and cheery.

The rooms were perfectly appointed with the standard marriott bed, large flat screen TV with a great choice of channels (something I find rare in Canadian hotels for some reason), power plugs EVERYWHERE making it so easy to chill out wherever you wanted in the room and surf the net, a lovely large window with a half decent view and plenty of natural light, efficient AC and although the room was perhaps a little crampt because of the extra bed I did not fell walled in. The bathroom was rather large and even had a seperate shower unit beside the bath.

The breakfast buffet did not scrimp on quality with large Actimel Shakes, an omlette bar, plenty of variety in hot and cold breakfast options and attentive waiting staff offering regular top ups of hot and cold drinks.

I have stayed here before but it was so long ago (before my tripadvisor days) that I had forgotten just how good it was but perhaps back then I may not have realised just how good it was as my experience at the time would have been limited.

I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone. The location is amazing, the quality is amazing and the only teeny tiny complaint I had was from an alarm clock in the unoccupied next room which wouldnt stop.....a phone call to reception however had that rectified within 5 minutes with the sincerest and genuine of apologies.

This is the benchmark which all Marriotts should copy, the management and staff of this hotel should pat themselves on the back!

I look forward to my return.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a harbour view! However some of the lower level rooms although lacking in vie...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Irishstandards
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I wanted to get away for my 40th birthday and decided I would hide from the world. I made a bid on price line and was on my way for a lovely 3 night stay here. Upon checkin, I was upgraded (maybe she felt sorry for me) but I had an amazing room with an amazing view.
My stay could not have been better. Staff were polite, went out of their way to assist in any way possible and room service (I had almost every meal catered to me) were fabulous.

Thank you to the staff for making this such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: View of the water
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2012

Stayed at this lovely hotel prior to an Alaska Cruise. This was the absolute best hotel - great location, great service - Jessica at the front desk worked miracles getting us the MOST spectacular views of Vancouver. Very European feel to the whole stay. Would go back to Vancouver to visit and would stay here in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Ask for a 19 or 20 room on an upper floor - these are curved corner rooms with exquisite views (than...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Based on a long and good history with Marriott properties, we booked the Marriott Pinnacle for lodging prior to an Alaskan cruise. Located near the Air-train station and the cruise ship terminal, this hotel offered all the amenities we have come to expect from this chain.

It started with a friendly greeting in the lobby and being handed complementary bottles of cold water while we waited to register. Front desk staff was personable and professional. The concierge service was very helpful in providing outstanding recommendations for dining in the area and offering directions of where and where not to walk the city.

Our room, on the 23rd floor was large, spotless and offered a stunning view of the harbor. We had requested such, and again Marriott did not disappoint. Going to sleep with a full wall wide view of the twinkling cityscape was like something out of a film.

The complimentary breakfasts were superb. These included a full assortment of fruits, cereal - hot and cold, made-to-order omelets, pastries and juices. The wait staff was excellent.

An afternoon respite in the bar was also a pleasant experience. And, on Sunday, when we needed to purchase some eyedrops prior to sailing, the staff directed us to a local - and less expensive pharmacy around the corner, instead of the newsstand which charged nearly double the price.

We highly recommend this property and look forward to returning to Vancouver and this hotel in particular!

Room Tip: Request a high floor harbor view room. Stunning!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple