“Excellent location and nice hotel”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Rooms are nice, good beds and linens. Staff is super friendly and helpful. Location perfect for sightseeing in Vancouver. We had access to concierge lounge and the breakfast was really good with lots of choices and good quality. Evening snacks were okay. Nice workout room, pool and whirlpool. They were clean and the equipment was in good shape, with a bigger workout room than many MArriott hotels.

Room Tip: Higher up rooms are quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mmmck

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was staying on points, and the experience was still 4+ star. One reads about all the area hotels, and "needing" an upper floor, to get the 'best' views. Well, really, is it that important? Perhaps because I'm platinum, Michelle (most friendly and helpful) at the front desk upgraded me to a fantastic room (2519) which is both on the concierge level, and has a great view of the harbor. So, yes, a view is a big plus in Vancouver.

The hotel staff was most helpful and friendly. We utilized concierge services, restaurant, club level lounge, and business center. Caitlin in the Showcase restaurant/bar was teriffic. Once she realized it was my wife's birthday, she sent up a card with chocolates and strawberries to our room, which were waiting for us following dinner at a nearby restaurant. How sweet!!

The club level breakfasts were outstanding: eggs, salmon, pastries, fruit, yoghurt, etc., etc. And the staff were excellent!!

Concierge services from Malia and Josh are certainly adequate, but not very proactive or assertive on customer requests. I don't know if it's the 'Canadian culture' or what. But, if you are needing limo services, make sure you get the terms and contract in writing beforehand. We had a major and unneccessary hassle following our limo experience, relative to the hours and billing!!! Concierge should take heed for other patrons.

However, despite this "blemish" by the concierge, I give the hotel high marks, and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for 2519, or any xx19.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Marriott Pinnacle in Downtown Vancouver at the conclusion of our Alaska Cruise. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out, we received consistent excellent service beyond our expectations. The entire staff -- Door Man, Registration Clerk, Bell Boy -- went out of their way to assure our comfort and satisfaction. We had booked a room with a Harbor View, and words cannot describe the fantastic view we had from our 28th floor room, which had an entire outside wall of windows (see attached photo). On the second day we decided to have breakfast at the Marriott's "Show Case" restaurant and enjoyed a delicious breakfast served excellently by Marika. Based on this positive experience and since we had received a 2 for 1 dinner certificate upon checking in, we canceled the high priced reservations we had made elsewhere and had dinner at the hotel. Again, we had one of the best meals we had ever had. Matt was our very attentive and pleasant server. My husband had Tuna, I had Halibut, and we both had dessert: Apple Galette with ice cream for me and Red Velvet Cheesecake for my husband. Suffice it to say that we did not leave Marriott's Show Case Restaurant hungry.
I cannot recommend the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel highly enough. If we ever return to Vancouver, you can be sure that we will stay there again.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra for a room on a high floor with a Harbor View and eat in the hotel's restau...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank npdavis
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We attended the Anime Revolution convention last weekend. Normally we stay with relatives, but this year we splurged, and having the discount for attending the con really helped make up our mind.
Right from the minute we stepped out of the vehicle, we were treated so well. Raul( I think that's what I read on his name tag) was helpful and very friendly as were all the porters. Every staff member was pleasant.
The location was perfect!
I'd definitely stay again.
The only down side is that wifi wasn't included in the cost of the room, it was an extra $16.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kelwil
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This hotel is near the waterfront and is about 4 blocks (downhill) from Robson Street, the main shopping area. The harbour and convention centre are close by too. There are beautiful views of the mountains, which I imagine you get from rooms on the higher floors. My room was on the 5th floor so I didn't get the view, but I did get a big terrace. The only downside was that the dividing screens between the terraces were a bit low so there wasn't a lot of privacy. It also meant that I had to keep my curtains drawn the whole time. My room was quite small but as I was only staying a night I didn't have a big suitcase with me - there wouldn't have been room for one otherwise. The bed was really comfortable and the hotel is nice and quiet. No maids slamming the doors when cleaning the rooms, and no road noise. The furnishings are standard Marriott. A real bonus feature - for me anyway - is that there are sockets EVERYWHERE in the room. No more moving things around, unplugging the bedside lamp, alarm clock and so on. Why don't all hotels have lots of sockets?
There is a good gym with a smallish indoor pool. This is open 24 hours.
I didn't eat in the hotel, purely because there are so many other places just one or two blocks away.
And all the staff are so friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Room 516 has a terrace BUT is also by the lift (elevator). The A/C hum does drown out the beeps sign...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

Very nice hotel, centrally located in downtown Vancouver. Easy access to the convention center. Beautiful views of the harbor and mountains. Easy access to restaurants, shopping and attractions. Very clean, organized, and good service. The only downside was the high cost, nearly $300 USD. In-room and lobby dining are expensive but nice to have just in case. I would highly recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

This place is, by far, the best hotel in Vancouver. The location is perfect, it is very clean and the staff is excellent. Everything you need to see is within a walk of the hotel and the dining options are great. Close by is Miku. (See review for this place!) Nice pool and great bar!

I stay here every time I travel to Vancouver. Get to know the staff, they are all very friendly, helpful and can really make your trip better.

Room Tip: Face the bay!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business