“Overall good stay, good travel desk, could be better”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Overall good stay, good travel desk, could be better”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I stayed here in the summer, excellent location and great staff.
the travel desk was awesome for my tour bookings, do not remember the name of the east indian lady though. she was very helpful and gone beyond standards to help me book bus tours and get tickets to the swinging bridge.

the checking into hotel was slow and the hotel may be understaffed, I saw lines at all times in the lobby. The room air conditioner was not adequate and slow to cool.

the restaurant is nice.
hopefully they add more staff to ease the pain at the desk. otherwise it was a nice stay

Room Tip: request rooms with harbour view and renovated rooms
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 15 December 2013

stayed there last night after the big Xmas party, the new reno's in the lobby and bar are great
the room was perfect
the staff greeting was excellent everyone was pleasant

only bad thing was the smokers and their lingering stink floating around the outside dive through area kind of a turn off when you arrive

Room Tip: up as high as you can facing north for view of the harbour
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is close to the convention centre and downtown. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable. Watch for deals on this hotel as we got a great rate through trip advisor. We would stay there again for the price. We could also see the bay from our room which was nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Really liked thelocation of this hotel , the staff were excellent , a very easy checkin . we loved our room , great ameneties and decor , also very nice bathroom . the breakfast was excellent with great choices . there are a lot of nice restaurants nearby , we really enjoyed our stay , reccommended .

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sara c
Nelson, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Due to medical reasons I phoned to cancel my reservation. The booking clerk was tremendously rude and refused to give me a cancellation number. Then the Pinnacle overcharged me for a room I didn't use. They actually charged me the full rack rate instead of the conference rate I was originally quoted.
I know they rented the room out to someone else as the clerk indicated the hotel was full for the evening in question, and the cancellation gave them ample time to re-sell the room.

Room Tip: Once they get your credit card number they will use it regardless of cancellation. And they will be...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Indigo J
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I often stay at the Marriott when on business, but the Pinnacle in Vancouver is quite special.

Recently, 50 minutes before I was due to speak before a large group, I discovered that I had packed the wrong bag, and that my only other pants had a rather large hole in the butt. The room service guy noticed my distress, and within minutes had a seamstress at my door with a clean pair of natty new pants in my size from the hotel staff laundry. She also offered to patch my old pants. The staff at the Pinnacle are always professional, genuine and responsive, but wow, I am so impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Thinkwire
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
I am so thrilled to hear our Room Service associate was able to help. Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for sharing this story. Warm regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I don't like giving Excellent ratings to hotels, since it suggest that they're perfect. But this is my new go-to hotel in Vancouver. Great location downtown, comfortable room, good service. And if you book it through one of the last-minute booking services like Priceline, you'll get an amazing price (eg- $85). Internet is not included in the room price. On the other hand, breakfast was thrown in for free. And the fitness room is incredibly well equipped.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
We are glad to be your choice of hotel. Looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Vancouver! Regards, Joann Pfeifer, General Manager, Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown