“Good place”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Stay here twice once in December 2013 and again in January 2014. Overall very good, location, only issue would be rooms are on the smaller size (even for downtown). It was clean and the staff were great certainly would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Hotel is nice, but there are better for the price. My room was smaller than I expected, the view not spectacular (it looked directly onto an office building), and the heating/cooling system was loud and even looked out-dated. However, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the staff was friendly. I have stayed at other hotels in the same general area and of the same class and felt they were a better deal for the money (Delta Vancouver Suites, Sandman Suites on Davie, etc.). The area the hotel is in is clean and nice to walk around, but there are not a great deal of restaurants close by.

Room Tip: I phoned a month ahead of staying there and asked for a room on a higher floor, a good view, and awa...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear Guntsdad,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback from your recent stay. I sincerely apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. Your feedback regarding the room and heating/cooling unit have been shared with our team, and we will be looking into the necessary repairs.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. You are a valued guest, and I hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Best Regards,
Joann Pfeifer

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this Marriott hotel. Room I had was small, but had a fantastic view of the harbor and surrounding mountains. the hotel is quiet and very clean. elevators were efficient and available quickly. the front staff was very friendly and accommodating. I ate dinner in the main restaurant one night and the food was nicely presented and very satisfying. Overall, I found this to be a very comfortable place to stay. I would stay here again, I return to Vancouver.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the 20th floor and on the water side of the property.
1  Thank drs1041
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I first stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle in Vancouver back in December 2006 when I was scouting it as a possible location for a conference. I was impressed then, and all these years later I'm still impressed. I stayed here recently for a conference and once again the staff was brilliant. From the doormen to the front desk to the maids. They are all helpful, friendly and welcoming. A shout out to Michael Parsons as he is a great professional to work with.
The rooms are lovely. While I like the city view I'd always opt for the harbour view as there is something so relaxing about looking out over the water, watching float planes land and gazing at the mountains on the other side. Stunning scenery. The location is great and central to all the great shops and activities that Vancouver has on offer.
Finally, you must eat the Butter Chicken Curry on the menu. It is the best and I make sure to eat it multiple times during each visit as I know it will be a long time before I get anything as good elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the harbour.
2  Thank ksullivanvance
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We booked 2 nights for a harbor view room at this hotel. Our room does look out the harbor but there are 2 tall buildings blocking our view. If the room listed as "partial harbor view", I would feel less disappointed for the price that I paid. As other mentioned, the room is small, old furniture and noisy. There's coffee maker, a small fridge and flat screen TV. The bathroom is small and outdated, there wasn't even a dish or tray for soap. The lobby is small and simple, nothing fancy and there's no coffee or any kind of drink in the lobby.

We met 4 staffs during our stays, two are very friendly and helpful, the others are not so much. Location is excelent since we can walk right to the harbor and seawalls. Food at the hotel is good.

Overall, our experience with this hotel was just so so, much less than one of those Marriott that we've been to.

2  Thank RoseC178
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear RoseC178,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on Tripadvisor. I can understand how the description of our harbour facing rooms resulted in an unsatisfactory visit with us. I will follow up immediately to ensure that these desciptions are updated and hopefully avoid situations like this in the future.

I'm disappointed to hear you did not recieve the best customer service from all of our associates. We pride ourselves in providing the best hotel experience to each guest, and I apologize on behalf of our hotel that you did not recieve this. Your comments have provided us with a training opportunity and will be shared with all departments for follow-up. We take all feedback very seriously and truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us.

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us.

Joann Pfiefer

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was most impressed with the personalised services. Especially the bellman (unfortunately I can't remember his name). He helped me hide toys in my room before my two nieces arrived. I was there for the TED conference and I felt the staff was knowledgeable about the event and needs of the attendees.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on the hotel via Hotwire and spent one night while in Vancouver visiting friends. The hotel is in a great location to access all of downtown. Staff was friendly. Room was very comfortable, especially the bed. The room was small though as was the bathroom, but a great choice for a quick trip, especially if you don't need to use the expensive parking or wifi.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple