“Excellent Location Near the Convention Center”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Marriot Pinnacle to attend the CPMA tradeshow at the Vancouver Convention Center. The pluses: Marriot standards in walking distance of the Convention Center. Rooms are spacious, I really liked the wood scented toiletries and the quality of the internet was good. It was included in out group rate, but most of the time you will have to pay an addiitional fee to be able to log on.
Nice , comfortable bed, lots of natural light during the day, but nice curtains for complete darkness at night. My breakfast was not included in the rate, so I decided to walk around and visited several nice coffee shops that are around the hotel. My favorite: Giovanne on the first floor of the Fairmont accross from the convention center. The best french toast.
Back to the hotel: they have a well equipped gym, nice Marriot Red Umbrellas that made for beautiful pictures in the rain.
Vancouver is amazing! This hotel is perfect for business.

Room Tip: Higher floor for a view of the Harbor...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank TravellingLili
There are newer reviews for Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed here on Marriott Reward Points the night before our cruise to Alaska. We flew in to Vancouver and took the Canada Line to the Expo Line (trains) for $9.00 & then walked about 4 blocks to the hotel. It was very convenient! At check in we were booked in a king bed. I asked for 2 doubles & was accommodated. I asked if we were on concierges floor & was changed to this as well! I paid to upgrade to a water view. It was nice to watch our ship pull in to port! We had a light dinner & a very nice breakfast in the concierges lounge. Alcohol is at an extra charge, but other beverages are complimentary. Being gluten free can be a challenge, but this hotel stepped up to the plate! I asked if they would make me a GF chocolate mousse as all of the desserts had flour. They did, it was delicious, and complimentary!! Thank you so much for taking care of my dietary needs!!! There is no shuttle to the port. You can walk about 4 blocks, but with luggage, we took a taxi. It was a very nice stay!

Room Tip: It was worth the upgrade fee to have a water view!! Also, the concierge lounge is definitely a nice...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 9 May 2014

I traveled from Baltimore to Vancouver to attend a conference being held at the Renaissance across the street. I chose the Marriott to increase my Marriott points. My room was very nice--I had a good view-cleaned very well each evening. The hotel is very centrally located--an easy walk to many of Vancouver's attraction. The on and off bus stops right outside the hotel and shopping and reasonably-priced food options are within walking distance. The staff was very nice in all instances. My only concern was the lack of free wi-fi in the room BUT it was available in the lounge/lobby area and the business center. All in all, I would stay here again if I returned to Vancouver--if I could get a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank csimmonsmd
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had the most pleasant stay not to mention the fantastic food offered at this cost friendly establishment highly recommend do try the cheesecake dessert if I had anything bad to say it would be that the service was a tad slow however they were extremely busy

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here on a few occasions.

High floors are great and facing the inlet is always good.
Corner rooms are quiet except when the A/C kicks in.
The rooms are a little dated but cannot deny that the location is really good.

Service is good from the staff.
The restaurant is worth a visit.

Swimming pool is a decent size.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Pinnacle for a couple of days in April. The location was great. Only a block away from Cole Harbour. Really nice for a morning walk or jog. The hotel was really well maintained. A nice clean room. Really nice restaurant and bar. The pool and gym area was really nice. Having a personal trainer there is a real nice touch that I have never seen at any other hotel I have stayed. Many places to have breakfast around the hotel. Would have been nice to have free WiFi in the room. Only in the lobby had free WiFi. The staff seemed pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Have a room at higher levels facing Cole Harbour.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank GreekCanuck1
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Although the rooms were average Marriott with dated bathrooms, the location and view were fantastic. Positives: staff all wonderful. Concierge got us to the right places and good restaurants with smiles and details. The entire staff was positive, helpful and everything was "of course" and "yes". This was my 4th stay in Vancouver and 4th hotel. My last being the Four Seasons. However this staff was exceptional. Negatives: old rooms, very old bathrooms. Tiny shallow tub and tiny shower that made it difficult to use soap & shampoo as the water from the shower head used 90% of the space. Concierge floor only open M-F but not Friday afternoon. Seems to be a Marriott thing.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the water makes up for the negatives.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business