“Pleasant stay, friendly staff”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #26 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Pleasant stay, friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked our stay through Priceline's express deals. It was still more expensive than what we would normally pay, but I think we chose a busy weekend to travel so prices were higher than average. When we checked in, the lady at the front desk said that our booking indicated we would prefer two beds, but I never requested that and told her one bed would be fine (although I had no issue with two beds either). She said they were completely booked but still managed to find us a king bed in corner unit with harbor views. The room was clean, good size, and had a great view. I did notice slight road noise, even on the 15th floor, but it was not noticable at night (although I have the fan running all night for white noise). The bed was comfortable and had an assortment of pillows.

My only real complaint is the extra fees that you don't usually have at less expensive hotels. Internet is $15 a day, so we just used the wifi in the lobby and saved the passcode so we could log in from our room. Also, parking is $35 a day if you go through the hotel. We parked in the hotel garage, but used the kiosk to do the weekend rate which is only $7 per day (expires at 1am, but apparently the garage closes at a certain time so no one checks until 8am or so, giving you time to go down in the morning and pay for another day). If you do the weekend or daily rate through the kiosk, there are no in/out privelages - not sure if that is the case when you pay through the hotel, but we didn't really use our car while there. It was annoying to go through so much hastle to save money, but internet and parking would otherwise have totalled $50 per day on top of an already expensive room.

The pool and whirlpool were nice. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food. As for the area, we enjoyed walking along the waterfront all the way to Stanley Park. There is a grocery store a block away on the corner of Hastings and Bute (Urban Fare) which is convenient. We also hit up Bella Gelateria twice - delicious gelato a short walk away!

Overall, it was a good trip and we would most likely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have an L-shaped layout with a large wall of windows. Our room number ended with 19 and...
3 Thank Iris987

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Nanaimo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here while attending the Vancouver Fan Expo. We paid a bit extra for a room on the higher floor that included WiFi, and it was well worth the price! The view was amazing, and the room was very nice and clean. We both enjoyed the stay very much. We didn't eat at the restaurant, instead choosing to eat at some places close by. It's also located very close to a metro stop, making transport very easy! Overall, a fun stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Dear TheKorrabella,

We're so glad you and your husband choose to stay with us during the Vancouver Fan Expo. It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review. We are fortunate that our location is convenient for convention attendees, cruise ship guests and any visitors exploring the city. We agree there are many fantastic eateries in the area, but we hope you find a chance to dine at Showcase Restaurant during your next stay!

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown soon!

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We love Vancouver and the location of this hotel is perfect for sightseeing. As a Marriott Platinum member I received an upgrade to a water view room that was as magnificent as any hotel room I have stayed in. There was a wall of curved windows with a view to die for. You could see the float planes taking off and landing. Also - there is a lovely restaurant at the hotel. We enjoyed dinner there and we had an excellent free breakfast on the day the lounge was closed.

Palm Coast, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Besides the location and "a taxi away from all the hustle and bustle" of the city life, it's onsite restaurant served the residents and travelers alike with good business, and friendly/ hard working staff! I my family and friends watched one of the basketball games on TV and definitely enjoyed it! Our room itself had a good view of the city and nightlife below. The beds were very comfy but they did have feather pillows (allergic) so that was one down fall. During our stay there was a high school senior prom that took place and they seems to have had a fun time! Overall, I would stay here again and admired the fact the hotel wasn't far from the cruise terminal.

Room Tip: Try to ask for a corner room. It may be a few dollars more but those rooms offer wider views of the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Surferduder28
Dear Surferduder28,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay. I apologize that the feather pillows in your guestroom were not suitable. I can understand how that must have been an inconvenience during your stay. We carry both feather and feather-free pillows for our guests. We would be happy to arrange for feather-free pillows upon request. This can be arranged ahead of time through our Front Desk or after you get settled into your room through our At Your Service Department.

As you mentioned, our location is ideal for cruise ship guests as we are just a short walk or cab ride to the terminal, which many travellers can appreciate.

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

Concord, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. It is very well located in the downtown core, with nice views of the harbor providing walking access to many of the area attractions. This is a busy hotel and the lobby is always bustling, but the staff is very pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and as noted above, some have great views. The rooms are starting to show signs of their age (running toilet and older finishes), but only in comparison to newer hotels. The concierge club also has impressive views. As there are so many great restaurant choices in the area, on previous trips, I didn’t get a chance to try to lobby restaurant. I did on this trip after a long day and found the food good and reasonably priced considering the lobby location. The room rates are also reasonable considering the downtown location. I will continue to stay here on my trips out to Vancouver.

Room Tip: Higher floors facing the harbor are the best options....some of them get a little too warm when the...
Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
VanMarriottPinnacle, General Manager at Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Matt C,

Thank you for your kind words applauding our associates and hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you received such accommodating service from our Marriott team. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with the best hotel experience possible. We have gone through some renovations in the past year which has enhanced the style and functionality of our restaurant and lobby. As a complete renovation would be a huge project for such a large building, we are working on proper repair and maintenance, and enhancements wherever possible. As a repeat guest at our hotel, I hope you will start to see some of these changes in the next months and into next year.

I'm glad to hear you had a chance to dine at Showcase Restaurant during your recent stay. I can understand the perception that many people have towards hotel restaurants, and I'm glad you saw value and quality in our restaurant offerings.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to post your review and look forward to your next stay with us.

Cleveland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The staff was awesome. We had some unforeseen changes in our travel plans and ended up staying at the Marriott Pinnacle. The room had beautiful views. The staff went out off their way to accommodate us. The concierge , Josh, helped us immensely with our new travel plans. He spent a lot of time helping us reschedule our return flights home. :) The staff also found out it was my birthday and they sent wine and chocolates to our room. In addition to the wonderful staff, the hotel rooms were extremely roomy and clean. The room we stayed in before the cruise had a terrific view of the ocean. The Marriott is located across the street from the pier and is within walking distances of several of the local sites. The hotel has a wonderful restaurant but you are also just across the street from the restaurants at the pier. Also, you are one block away from a Starbucks and down the street is a local grocery that also serves food and drinks. This is great place to stay if you plan on taking a cruise. A taxi will cost about $6 to take you to the port. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The corner suites offer a view of the ocean and downtown. It is shaped more like an "L". A...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Roxannnetravels
Dear Roxannetravels,

Thank you kindly for sharing some feedback from your stay with us. I'm thrilled to hear you received such great service from Josh at our concierge desk. He is a valued member of our Marriott team, and always going out of his way to create a brilliant travel experience for our guests.

We are very fortunate in our convenient location in downtown Vancouver as this provides our guests with easy access to many services, attractions and the cruise ship terminal, which many travellers appreciate.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon!

Buronga, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

My senior citizen parents recently went on the holiday of a lifetime from Australia to Canada and Alaska. At the start and end of their vacation they stayed at this motel. They loved it and rang me twice to say they loved Vancouver and the motel. The morning they were to check out, my father had internal bleeding and an ambulance had to be called. My mother was very alone and very scared, so far from home and support. The staff and management at the VMPDH were amazing. She barely coped, without you, she wouldn't have and I would have been on a flight to Vancouver. Thankyou, for your kindness, for your help with the extended stay (each day at short notice) and the complimentary breakfast platter when he finally got released from hospital. It was so unexpected and I heard happiness in my mother's voice again. I only know one name... Chris, the night manager (he dealt with my frantic phone calls). Thankyou Chris. And thanks to you all. Anyone going to Vancouver, stay here, you'll be looked after by superb staff at a quality hotel.

4 Thank Julie623
Dear Julie623,

Thank you so much for your kind words applauding our associates. It was a stressful situation for all and I am so glad to hear we were able to assist during your parents' time of need. Chris is such a valued member of our Front Office team and we're glad he was able to make sure your parents got everything they needed. On top of providing guests with the best hotel experience possible, our top priority is their safety. I hope your father is recovering well, all the best to you and your parents.

Thank you again for your feedback, we really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you and your parents back to the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown again.