“Expensive but well located”

Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel
Ranked #25 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 June 2009

The Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle is pricey but given its location that isn't surprising. It is moments away from the waterfront and not far from the famous Gas Town. We had a 'View' type double room on the 29th floor which, as the name suggests, looked out over Vancouver harbour and across to North Vancouver. Couldn't really ask for more! Excellent location, service and facilities.

We did notice some major construction work across the road infront of the hotel. It is possible that once finished, the new building may block some of the view.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Have_Bags_Can_Travel
There are newer reviews for Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 22 June 2009

Although a fairly typical bog-standard North American business/leisure 5-star hotel, the Pinnacle did tick all the boxes and it does have a good location. Our view was all right, if not spectacular, parking was easy, the breakfasts were excellent, and the rooms large. We were able to easily walk to anywhere in the West End and to Stanley Park. I don't remember hearing any noise from the hallway or other rooms.
We had once stayed at the Fairmont at the waterfront and, over-all, I think that was a better hotel, but the Pinnacle's location would make me choose it the next time.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I stayed there for a week of business. Very professional and accomodating staff. The hotel itself is great. The location is walking distance to a number of points of interest. Great restaraunt. What more could you ask for???

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I have been to Vancouver numerous times, and when I have stayed there on previous occasions, the hotels have run the gamut from decent to poor. On this occasion, while attending a Canucks hockey game, I decided to give the Marriott Pinnacle a try.

The property is relatively easy to get to, though it could be easy to miss as the signage on the side of the building is somewhat subdued. But from check-in throughout the course of the stay, the guest feels as if he is in a luxury hotel. I had a room on the top floor with a king bed and harbor view. The decor is standard Marriott - nothing terribly flashy - but the layout spacious and very comfortable. The view was panoramic and provided much scenic beauty. The bathroom was also spacious and featured stand-alone shower and bathtub. There is turndown service in the evening, in which a complimentary bottle of water is provided.

From a location standpoint, the traveler couldn't do much better. Since the hotel is in a business district, the hustle and bustle does taper off in the evenings. But one is virtually steps away from Canada Place (including a SkyTrain stop), and a 5-minute walk from much of the prime shopping and entertainment in the downtown core. I walked to and from GM Place for the hockey game, which was an easy 15-minute walk.

Parking is in a garage below the hotel; guest have the option to self-park or valet (I chose self-park, which was easy). I did not have much chance to sample the pool or other facility amenities, with the exception of the street-side lounge, which offers a nice range of drinks and - even better - late-night dinners after other restaurants and room service have closed. Breakfasts are also superb. Service - from the concierge to the front desk to servers and housekeeping - are all first-rate. The room rate - with the currency exchange factored in - was exceedingly reasonable given the quality of the facility and overall experience.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again on future overnight or longer stays in Vancouver, and would recommend it wholeheartedly to friends and family alike.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank Generic90
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The hotel was clean, neat orderly. The rooms were spacious and cozy. Great bed. The staff at the hotel are what made my two weeks there unforgettable. They were at all times professional, courteous, kind and went more than once beyond the call of duty. This was everyone from the bellman to the manager. I travel allot and I cannot remember the last time the service of a hotel has impressed me so. The showcase bar & restaurant in my view is a waste of time. We had martinis and were not impressed, breakfast was also nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Koshigatana_1
Reviewed 6 May 2009

I just completed management of a small 3-day meeting at the Marriott Pinnacle and was very pleased with the property. As a meeting management professional, I work with many properties and was pleasantly surprised by the attentive service provided to our group. The front desk, bell staff, concierge and valet were friendly, courteous and very helpful. They went out of their way to get to know me during my 4 night stay. The banquet staff was also very attentive and helpful.

The rooms on the upper levels have wonderful views. My attendees were very pleased with them. Housekeeping did a great job in quickly cleaning and refreshing the rooms.

I had lunch one day in the Showcase Bar. The pizza was excellent. I'm sad that I didn't go back for another one before I left!

We negotiated the inclusion of the internet/telephone package in our contract. But I was pleased that the small business center near the lobby was accessed for free, free internet, free printing and free basic photocopying. This was a refreshing change from most other properties I've visted recently.

The location was great. Close to restaurants, Robson Street, Granville, Canada Place, etc...

This was definitely one of the best Marriotts I have seen in North America. I was very impressed.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank Tagger87
Reviewed 16 April 2009

This was a great hotel for the price. I booked the hotel via a third party booking site and got a great rate - booking this way is not somthing I do often, but the rates in the City were crazy during this time period so I went this route. The rooms were cozy and the staff were wonderful. The charging for pretty much everything you use is a downer; however, the internet / long distance package for $15 a day is well worth it if you want to talk on the phone for any amount of time at all. I didn't use my cell phone at all while in the hotel - as it was included - great value and more hotels should copy. The lounge was great also.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business