“Very nice experience”

Ranked #28 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Montreal, Canada
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Lovely hotel, close to a Skytrain station, the waterfront and several very nice restaurants. I enjoyed the polite and helpful staff, a clean and very quiet room and a well-equipped 24-hour fitness centre. Would recommend it without hesitation to business travelers.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Calgary
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed at their “Signature Club Suite” for one night after a concert. What a joke that was. The room was so depressing and there was a huge noisy draft coming from the main door. The room was just cold and depressing. Bed was king size and very cozy and comfortable.

We arrived around 11pm to find main doors locked so we had to circle the block to the other entrance. Upon entering the hotel no one was to be found for a few minutes. Finally a man approached and I had a difficult time to understand him due to his very thick accent. When we booked they were offering complimentary self-parking. He was prepared to charge us for it so I had to show him the their own website. He offered me a cookie after checking in. I found that to be extremely lame.

So called suite located on top three floors allowed access to their “Club Floor Lounge” for continental breakfast. I suppose if you are the pretension type than go for it, otherwise big deal. We had better breakfasts at motels at half the price. Overall this hotel was nothing special. Room was dated and cold and service was horrible. Asked where the parking was and he mumbled something and sent me off. Had to walk in all different directions to make our way back to the hotel. And when it was time to leave the parking garage it was a five minute chat with the valet explaining that I wasn’t given a parking ticket that the guy simply opened the gate for me telling me all would be fine.

We will not be staying here again and would not recommend this hotel. We found it to be very pretentious. Call your rooms whatever you want but a dump is still a dump.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CJDFNS
Luke R, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want all of our guests to have a great experience while visiting our hotel. I was very concerned to see that you were not satisfied with your stay and would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail. Please feel free to contact me directly at 604-899-3400 or by e-mail at luke.russell@deltahotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Luke
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Delta Suites was very centrally located in Vancouver for a recent 4 night stay . I requested an early check in after a long flight from Australia and my room was ready to occupy at 9:30am on arrival. Room was comfortable with a separate bedroom, daily cleaning service, very helpful staff at front desk, concierge and in the restaurant. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This lovely hotel, situated in close proximity to the waterfront at Coal Harbour and within walking distance of many places in downtown Vancouver.
The staff are friendly and go beyond expectations.

I appreciate all the staff, including Alison at the front desk, Mary Ann in housekeeping, Phil, Jessica at the front desk, Donny who is there to help with my bags and getting a taxi; Steven in the restaurant who serves me a lovely breakfast.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Windows are lovely as they open!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you so much for recognizing so many of our team members! We'll make sure to pass on your comments to everyone. Thank you so much for the great review and we hope to see you again soon!
Winnipeg
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is situated in the perfect location, close to downtown, shopping, transportation, entertainment, Stanley Park, Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium. Loved shopping down Robson Street. If this is your first trip to Vancouver, this is the place to stay. Worth the money and everything is at your fingertips, service was excellent.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank C_Marichia
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have stayed at this property several times and am always impressed by the quality of service I receive. From Alison's warm familiar welcoming greeting to Remy remembering and promptly serving me my breakfast order! I'm not too sure how she does it - but she is amazing! Thank you again!

1 Thank Maureen D
Justin P, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback! I am glad Alison and Remy made an impact on your stay. We hope to have you back soon. Thank you for staying at the Delta Vancouver Suites.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Nicer than a Holiday Inn but not as nice as a Westin. Somewhere in between. Bed is comfortable but sofa in living room is a bit cheap looking. Bathroom is clean and bright - but somewhat sterile and not luxurious. Wifi is fast and free. HUGE plus.

The hotel is very clean and obviously well maintained. Good location. Clearly designed for business travelers or a family looking for something above average without going broke.

Annoying that they charge 40 bucks for valet - but no valet or doorman was there when I arrived. Also took them 20 minutes to pull my car in the morning. If you are going to have a valet service, you should actually have a valet service.

I'd stay here again if I was looking for something reasonably nice but didn't want to spend too much money. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Bryan M, Manager at Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for providing this extensive review. I am sorry to read that you experienced some issues with our valet team and the abnormally long wait times. I will be sure to follow up as this is not a common occurrence with our staff. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully we see you again soon!