Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suites
US$334
US$322
Suttonplace.com
  • Restaurant
Ramada Limited Vancouver Downtown(Vancouver)(Great Value!)
US$346
US$425
US$412
Hotwire.com
1,552 results
All reviewssignature clubcanada placewaterfront stationwarm cookiesgas townthe club loungesitting areaseparate bedroomcorner suitesliding doorcanada linesofa bedcruise terminalmini fridgestanley parkearly checkfew blocks
Reviewed 11 May 2009

Stayed here during one week. Good hotel, highly recommended, we received great service and support, nice gym, very close to Vancouver lookout

• Stayed: April 2009
2  Thank Orengivi
Reviewed 5 May 2009

This is a suite hotel, and our suite was great. Once again, I need to tell you that internet is not included in the room's rate, so if you want to browse, you must pay for it; however, if you bring your laptop to the lobby level, there's a little lounge where you can sit on, and you can ask one of the concierges to give you a daily connection code to connect to the internet FOR FREE!, but again, this is only useful if you are sitting in the lobby area; but at least you have free internet, that's better than having nothing at all!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank BoutiqueHotelFan2000
Reviewed 19 April 2009

I stayed here the 2nd week in April for five nights. The room was quiet (as I had requested), clean, and very comfortable. The restaurant is expensive ($30 for a 2-egg breakfast) but pleasant and good. Excellent service from all staff, from the waitresses in the restaurants to the cleaning staff and the people at the front desk.

This was my first trip to Vancouver, and I was quite busy: the location was excellent for what I needed. If I come back as a tourist (and I hope to someday--Vancouver is wonderful), I would probably stay elsewhere, closer to the sea wall where there are lots of nice looking small cafes and restaurants. Fast food and pizza for $1.25 a slice was all that was quickly available within 2 blocks of this hotel, and I didn't have time to go far for meals.

The hotel is secure, but the general downtown area is sketchy at night--deserted streets nearby. During the day, the location is good. Several blocks away is Gastown, and in 10 minutes' walk one can be strolling in Chinatown's Dr. Sun Yat Sen Classical Garden. The walk is longer--about 40 minutes walk for me, but I'm a stroller, not a strider--to Stanley Park, which is amazing.

Again, for touring the location is pretty good; for nicer dining, not so good. The views are of other skyscrapers. Service is excellent across the board at this hotel. I thought the pillows were a bit rocklike, but I slept fine anyway. I would stay there again at the conference rate I had ($129 CA) but probably not at the much higher rack rate.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank Annie021
Reviewed 11 April 2009

Already at check-in my friend and I were impressed by the efficiency and friendly atmosphere. Very comfortable beds. Spacious and comfortable living room. Even if I would try to be critical I would not be able to find anything to complain about. All the staff that we met were very nice and friendly.
The location was perfect for our needs. The GM Place arena (which hosts the great Vancouver Canucks and was the main purpose for us being in Vancouver) is a 10-15 minute walk away. Gastown is just around the corner. Lot's of nice bars and restaurant are very close.
When I return to Vancouver I will choose this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2009

So, our hotel was great. Staff was great, room was great. The rooms appear to be geared towards business travelers, but as a married couple, we were pleased. We drove up from Seattle to have an inexpensive getaway and were very happy with the treatment we received by the various shops & restuarants. Walking from our hotel to and around Gastown/Water St. was mostly good if you don't mind getting asked for change or for one of your cigarettes three times per block. Most of Vancouver is great, but we made the mistake of walking down a small portion of Hastings St. We've been to a lot of cities around the world so, believe me, if you like the idea of a street that look like Beirut in the 80's, than you'll love Hastings St. I would have preferred Mogadishu, at least it's warm there. The city really need to address that area before the Olympics.

That aside, we had a great time... until we went to leave. When we returned to our car in the garage across the street, we were less than pleased to find our window smashed out and our car ransacked. This person had apparently cut themselves while doing this and bled all over the inside of the car, then decided to smoke and put the butt out on our floor before making off with the loot(about 73 American cents). On top of that, the garage attendant who was nowhere to be found, managed to find the time to leave me a $40 parking ticket after, yes after, this took place. We called the police, but they don't come out, they just get your info and give you an incident #. The hotel helped us out as much as they could since it was snowing outside and windows prove to be a big asset during three hour drives in those conditions, but then they mentioned that it happens in that garage all the time. Um, perhaps that minor detail would have been helpful at check-in...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple