By the time we pitched up at the Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel, we were well and truly exhausted. We had been in transit for more than 40 hours and were beyond good manners and friendliness. We wanted sleep, shower and silence. The receptionist took one look at us and changed our booking to accommodate our frazzled state.
From the first moment we staggered up to the reception desk, to our last minute there, the staff at the hotel were fantastic. Not in a fawning, irritating way, but in an intelligent way which showed that, no matter what they did, they did it with care and pride and were really interested in the guests. The suite was pristine and stayed so every day. When we took the tissue box out of the bathroom because we had the sniffles, the next morning we found there was an additional box on our bedside. When we asked the concierge for directions to a restaurant, he advised us and pointed us in the right direction. A few blocks later, he came running up behind us, just to make sure we were not lost! When we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant (where the food, newspapers and magazines were excellent) we listened to the relaxed, cheerful chat of the staff amongst themselves. Sometimes they would come over and introduce themselves, ask how we are doing, and recommend a restaurant, happening or transit route. The night concierge even got on a ladder to help me photograph the impressive paintings in the hotel foyer.
Wherever we went, there was always someone giving us a smile and a greeting. I don't know if that is the norm in Vancouver, or whether it is typical of Canadians, but the staff were definitely outgoing and empathetic. After the aggression and tension of Johannesburg, this was amazingly refreshing.
The hotel has great free wi-fi and is situated in the centre of the Vancouver business district. You can quickly walk to many of the sights, beaches and hot spots. Just outside the entrance is a handy little shop that stocks most of the things you usually forget to pack. The view from our room was great and we spent some time just looking at the sunsets over the harbour. We slept like logs because the room seemed sound-proof. The Delta Vancouver Suites fits perfectly into elegant, efficient, modern Vancouver. We'll definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Downtown Suites is an all-suite hotel situated in the heart of downtown Vancouver, Canada and within a block of the Canada Line rail system. Our Vancouver hotel's location is within walking distance to many local attractions including Stanley Park, art galleries, theatres and Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium. The hotel is within minutes of the Vancouver Convention Centre, the city's central business district and government offices. Enjoy shopping the Granville Street mall, Robson Street and take in the vibrant dining scene and nightlife of Gastown and Yaletown. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Delta Hotels by Marriott Vancouver Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delta Vancouver Hotel Vancouver
- Delta Vancouver Suites Hotel
- Delta Hotel Vancouver