“Beautiful hotel, great service, odd location”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Beautiful hotel, great service, odd location”
Reviewed 5 May 2011

This hotel is clean, bright and beautiful. The staff is pleasant and helpful. Wireless internet and bottled water are complimentary. I rented a bicycle for the week and used it as my primary means of transit. The hotel has a gated garage with a bicycle rack. It is truly a boutique hotel- very small. But, the room was a nice size and well appointed. I requested a room on the ladies only "Orchid" floor, but there was no availability upon check-in. This hotel is not as convenient as those nestled in the center of downtown, but it is still very accessible, and has the advantage of being a little cheaper and much quieter too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Brittney W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 10 April 2011

My wife and I have stayed here a few time now, and myself I have stayed here going back to the 80's, as per usual I have always enjoyed this place it is reasonable and convenient to everything one needs in Vancouver. It does show it's age a bit, but makes up for that in service. The only problem this time was the noise coming from construction across the street at B.C. Place. Maybe I should have taken it into consideration that there would be noise but we were also not warned of this inconvenience, a room on the back side of the hotel would be better until later this fall of 2011 as the construction will be ongoing till then. But over all good stay, good rates including breakfast, but request a room on the back side or bring ear plugs.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul H
Kamloops, Canada
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed at the Georgian Court Hotel for a mini vacation and could have not chosen a better hotel!
The rooms were spotless and service amazing and the staff always friendly going that extra mile to ensure you have everything you need. The room was perfect with fridge, bathrobe, super comfortable bed, couch and an amazing view of BC Pace. With the super central location it took us only a short walk to shopping, restaurants and night life - and Rogers Arena.
We will be back!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Enumclaw, Washington
Reviewed 24 March 2011

My mother and I stayed at the Georgian Court while visiting Vancouver to see Cavalia. The location is VERY close to BC Place and Rogers Arena. No need to take a cab or shuttle to these places. The hotel was clean and the staff was courteous. Our room was basic with two queens that were triple sheeted (a big plus!). We purchased the "Bed & Breakfast" package which intitles us to breakfast in their restaurant. However, after arriving, the restaurant was closed for remodeling until April. Our free breakfast was in a conference room with just eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats, toast, muffins, fruit and cereal. It was OK but, not the "valued at $20.95" as mentioned on the website. Also, Beatty's Bar & Grill is only open on weekends and concert event nights during remodeling. So, if you are there during the week, make other plans. Underground parking is available and secure. You access the garage with your room key. Valet is $30 and self-park is $16. I would recommend staying in a room that does not face BC Place. They are fixing the roof of BC Place through September and work all night. Not the hotel's fault but, avoidable. If I ever attend another Vancouver concert, I will definitely keep the Georgian on my list.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank Leann1988
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 18 March 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Georgian Court Hotel for one night while in town for a Vancouver Canucks game. Having stayed at two other nearby hotels (Rosedale on Robson and Sandman) while in town for hockey games, this hotel is by far the best for its location and value. I booked a room on the Orchid Floor, which caters to women. My understanding is that a woman must book the room, but there was no issue with my boyfriend staying in the room. Orchid Floor rooms have additional amenities (curling iron, flat iron, fashion magazines, yoga mat, etc.) that would generally appeal to women. Rooms were very comfortable and clean.

Front desk staff was adequate. Friendly, but nothing special.

We spent some time in the hotel's bar prior to the game and were pleasantly surprised. The bar was a bit dead/quiet when we first arrived, and the menu didn't seem to have much depth (both food and beer). We were very happy to discover the nachos (try them!) and some new microbrews.

Location to Rogers Arena is perfect. A quick walk and you are in your seat.

The room I booked included the breakfast buffet. I assumed it was in a restaurant when I booked, but it is actually a room set-up just for the breakfast buffet. We were not impressed with the selection or quality. In the future, I would skip the buffet and head to one of the nearby restaurants.

The hotel does have a steamroom, although we were not able to enjoy it as it closed before we returned from the hockey game.

Parking is easy (underground garage) and fairly priced.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I used to stay at this hotel all the time. But this past weekend will be my last. The Georgian Court used to be Vancouver's most unique cozy one of a kind hotel. Now the vibe feels like a very poor attempt to be like every other 'wanna be' trendy hotel. The charm and positive energy and been sucked right out the front doors, along with all the regular wonderful staff that used to be there. I have stayed at the Georgian Court for almost ten years and it's such a shame that I have no desire to ever go back :(

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank travelerzoe
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 14 March 2011

This last Saturday; March 12th I arrived at the Georgian Court Hotel on crutches due to a surgery I had a few weeks ago. I was traveling by myself since really wanted to go to a conference and the hotel staff went out of their way to help me including arranging transportation to/from the event location. In addition to this the hotel was wonderful and comfortable with ammentities. would highly recommend this to friends/family traveling to Vancouver BC.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business