“Quiet elegance”

Ranked #23 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
northamptonshire
“Quiet elegance”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was booked in here by travel agent as part of a package . I was ot disappointed.
Flight arrived early and I was hours before offical check in . I asked if I could leave luggage while I went exploring Vancouver - you can do better than that madam you can leave in your room was response.
I was given a room on the ladies only floor . Rooms have lots of little extras for ladies and all floors are protected by secure swipe cards in lifts - you cannot access floor without room card.
Rooms are quiet and well equipped - one of the comfiest beds I have slept in . My room overlooked BC Place Stadium and there was event on - double glazing must be good becuase I heard nothing.
Spotlessly clean and in good maintainance order.
Staff were helpful with offers of maps and info on where to explore . Gastown,Chinatown and main shopping areas all within an easy 10 minutes walk and I walked from the Vancouver City Station on the Canada Line inside 10 minutes to the hotel.
I did not use the in house catreing as I chose to eat out .

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reading
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

Conveniently located. Staff excellent. Free bike hire. Comfortable, spacious, well-equipped room. When we reported the fact that our room door had been left open by housekeeping (faulty mechanism meant that the door didn't close on its own - nothing missing so hadnt been a problem, we were really telling them so they could get it fixed) they (completely unprompted) deducted our parking fees. Don't eat in the adjoining restaurant; we ate breakfast there and the service as slow despite the small number of customers and the food indifferent.

• Stayed August 2013
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

In Beatty Street right opposite the BC Place Staduim. Also near the end of Robson Street, which is the main shopping precinct in Vancouver. Walking distance to China Town, Canada Place and Gastown and its famous steam clock.
Rooms well maintained and staff very helpful and to top it off Frankies Restaurant on the ground floor with pleasant staff and very good food.
The King Size beds in the rooms are about the most comfortable I have experienced. Along with the quiet surroundings, this is a very pleasant place to stay!
No swimming pool seen, so cannot truly rate it as Terrible as indicated below!

Room Tip: My room was on the eighth floor overlooking Beatty Street and as the street is fairly quiet, I guess...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Banchory
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Just stayed 1 night, the day we arrived in Vancouver, before moving on to Whistler. Hotel was very nice, rooms a good size, comfortable and clean, staff were friendly. Location was not that central (unless you're going to the stadium, which is very close), but we were happy to walk. Good for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
NA
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Booked to stay for 2 nights. 1st night was very good, and hotel staff, went out of there way to accomodate my late checkin. 2nd Morning, woke to cold water showers, and even when the water had heated a little, it was obvious that the problems were caused by aging water pipes, and old water heating cynlinders. No apolgies from staff, which I thought was not a very good way to promote this hotel. On the plus side, the rooms were well appointed, and quaintness of the furniture, was in keeping with the history and character of of this hotel, it was handy to most amenities, and only a short walk or bus ride, to other attractions

Room Tip: Choose at least 3 stories and above, if you want avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Lisa J, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Mr. Mark M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sincerely disappointed to hear of your experience.

The safety and comfort of all our guests is our priority. On the second night of your stay, our boiler underwent emergency repairs where the heat exchanger had to be replaced. A communication procedure was implemented to provide our guests with information on special arrangements that were made during this disruption.

We are deeply sorry for not ensuring you had been informed. We have taken steps to improve our emergency and communications procedures with all of our team members.

Please accept our sincerest apologies and I hope to have the opportunity to speak to you further about your stay.

L. Jackson
1.800.663.1155
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I've stayed at he Georgian Court two times as an adult. First time was on a university level conference. I remember having lunch in the restaurant and being told that the rest of my group was having a beer and burger elsewhere. I could not fathom why anybody woulld eat a burger when I was having a glass of white wine and a steak. I ate there again twice. The steak tartar was good, and my dining companions appreciated the attention to service. One of the girls I ate with had a bowl of French onion soup which she enjoyed. I think that meal was the first time I ever drank real champagne.

The rooms had an excellent selection of PPV movies and the beds were comfortable. I stayed my second time with some friends and I must say, when given a chance to stay at a hotel or with fourty fraternity brothers at the chapter house, I'd choose the Georgian Court every time, regardless of cost or taxi fare to various places.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,232 helpful votes
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This is a small, elegant, tastefully appointed hotel directly across the street from BC Place. Rooms are spacious with exceptional beds, pillows and linens. Bathrobes and slippers are provided, as well as umbrellas and a yoga mat. Loved having a safe in the room, as well as complimentary bottled water. The lobby is as comfortable as home, the business centre exceptional, workout room more than satisfactory and the hot tub/steam room excellent. Can't forget the staff who are very attentive and friendly, catering to your every whim and desire. A perfect place to stay that is close to Gastown, Yaletown, and only a short walk to the Canada Line.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing BC Place to see the mountains and the water
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple