“Celebrities for a night”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #25 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
New Westminster, British Columbia
“Celebrities for a night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Perfect location for sports fans, close to popular restaurants and hotspots, downtown and the ocean strolls. We had tickets to a hockey game and couldn't have been closer to the action. Frankie's Restaurant was perfect Italian!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

2 Thank Donna W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Peachland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great hotel for the price. Perfect location, was clean and staff was very friendly. Elevators were on the fritz, but used the service elevator so worked out ok. Parking was challenging, very narrow space and limited spaces available. But overall was excellent!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

1 Thank JoAnn444
Kamloops, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stay at the hotel whenever I am in Vancouver for many years. The staff are outstanding, The rooms comfortable with anything you might want or need. They are spotless. I feel as though I am at home and any request is granted.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

3 Thank Sue945
Mission, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Don't hesitate, book it now! My wife and I love this hotel! It is in a great location within walking distance to the heart of downtown Vancouver, but just out far enough to be nice and quiet. The hotel itself has a comfortable modern feel to it, and the beds are amazing. The staff are especially wonderful, always polite and positive. We weren't familiar with the area so Joel at the front desk recommended a couple of restaurants which were fantastic. The Jacuzzi room and steam room are very spa-like with modern decor and dim-able lights, very relaxing. Being right across the road from BC Place you have a great view of the lights, but the curtains kept the room nice and dark for bedtime. All good things to say about our multiple stays here!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Danny K
Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had pleasure of staying at the Georgian Court Hotel on a recent business trip to Vancouver, and what a fantastic experience it was! From the immaculate condition of the property to the warm and welcoming staff, there wasn’t anything I could think of that was missing or out of place.
As a young girl traveling alone the extra care and attention the staff showed towards me ensuring that all of my needs were met and that I was safe and looked after meant a lot. This sort of care meant I didn’t have to worry about the little things; it meant I could focus on going about my business safe and secure in the knowledge that the hotel was taking good care of me. It made the trip easier, more enjoyable, and a lot more memorable as a result!
The property itself was immaculate - being warm and inviting with a classy modern air to it. I was lucky enough to be on the Orchid Floor which offers extra amenities for female travelers. Wow! Talk about feeling pampered and cared for! I felt like I was in my own little oasis when I was back at the hotel! My suite was incredible and equipped with just about any possible item I might have needed when travelling.
I cannot thank the staff enough for their efforts on my behalf – from helping me orient myself on the street to keeping me company during a late dinner everyone I encounter was warm, respectful, and really cared about my happiness and well-being. Thank you. I haven’t stopped talking about the hotel since I got back and I am looking forward to my next stay there in the near future!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Heather M
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Georgian Court is the only place we've stayed in downtown Vancouver and probably the only place we would stay in downtown Vancouver. We received a deal through Tourism Vancouver to stay plus a gift card to shop for the weekend before American Thanksgiving. It is a perfect place for sporting events at Rogers Arena and BC Place, so for the Canucks game we went to, it was a five minute walk away.

The rooms are clean, roomy and well appointed. The amenities are upscale. Even the channel selection on the TV is better than most hotels. The beds are comfortable and it's nice to also have a couch in our king room. The staff is friendly and treats you as a valued customer.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MNGophers2000
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014

The location is great, just a couple of blocks from the hustle and bustle of downtown Vancouver, and directly across the street from BC Place. The staff were friendly and the lobby had a nice modern feel to it.

Our room was nice, we were slightly disappointed with the two (small sized) double beds in our room, but we had booked through Hotwire so that was likely why we got them. The beds were still comfortable, and the view was really nice looking directly out at the lights on BC Place while we relaxed. The Bathroom was clean, but a little old looking. It could possibly use a bit of an upgrade at some point to maybe match the feel of the lobby. But again, everything worked fine.

We enjoyed a meal at Frankie's for one evening, food was quite good, and atmosphere was nice and relaxing with a good handful of business travellers having their meal and chatting too.

Overall, after being forced out of our apartment during renos gone wrong, we found ourself at the Georgian Court for 2 nights and it was good stay. I have recommended it to others since.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family