“Wonderful Visit”

Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #23 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am those who travel in a wind so I decided to come Vancouver with no plans. This is the first stop the staff was wonderful especially Afsoon she suggest lots of wonderful place to go and dine at. It my first stop and move on but I return and again Ms. Afsoon was working remember my name which it is important to a guest. and same thing. When I return to Vancouver again I will make this place the first stop. Especially I did not have a reservation nor second time. Traveling around the country I realize this is a rare occasion. Thank you for making my visit wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank John F

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Great disappointment and far from being a luxury hotel. Mediocre staff amenities and accommodations. Not worth the high price paid - I really have nothing positive to report. I feel robbed. The restaurant was a joke and clearly the only people that stay here are groups from cruise ships which means they get a discount. Just awful.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yellowbandchef
Lisa J, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Yellowbandchef,

I am truly disappointed to read your review and learn we did not meet your expectations. We feel we portray a true picture of who we are and the services we offer on our website. Aveda bath products are well loved as they are sustainable, holistic and are made from healing plants. Our team is highly recognized with accolades from Tourism Vancouver Awards of Excellence. Top tour companies work with us because of the high standards of service we provide. If you wish to obtain better value we do recommend booking directly through our website in order to access our special promotions and packages with added amenities. Many of our reviews are 4 and 5 star and I wish you had contacted me during your stay to discuss your concerns.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Don't get me wrong: this is a nice enough hotel. It is clean, the bed is very comfortable, the usual amenities are available, and the location made for easy access to everything, including some really good restaurants that are an easy walk. But I wouldn't place this in the luxury category.

There is no lobby to speak of, so just understand that it will feel a little cramped when you enter. While most of the front desk personnel are friendly and helpful, one member of the staff could definitely benefit from additional training: I went to the room that I was given, opened the door, only to find the room was occupied (a mistake the front desk just can't make...). Although I stayed in a one bedroom queen suite, the bedroom was very small, and the door to the bedroom wasn't an actual door so it didn't filter noise from either the other room or the hallway. As for noise, the walls are paper thin (in fact the hotel provides earplugs in the small bathroom, presumably an acknowledgement of a noise problem!) and you probably will hear your next door neighbor through the wall and the comings and goings of the hall. The free wi-fi, while nice, routinely kicked me off and I found myself having to re-boot regularly.

This is a perfectly good hotel as a 3 1/2 to 4 star hotel. Personally, though, I would not give this hotel a luxury classification.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MiamiMark5
Lisa J, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Deare MiamiMark5,

We thank you very much for your kind comments, I am delighted to hear you had a nice stay. We are a four star boutique hotel within walking distance to Yaletown, Gastown and Robson Street and I am glad to read you enjoyed the location and proximity to great dining.

I have investigated your concerns about your room allocation and I have been informed that both you and another guest checked in at exactly the same time and that our two front desk agents selected the same room. Coincidentally, both you and the other guest arrived at the room at the same time and realized you both had the same room. Please accept my sincere apology for this inconvenience, as this was an unusual computer glitch that has been rectified.

The hotel is concrete built and we provide earplugs for our guests' comfort since we are located in the entertainment district and some guests are light sleepers or there might be special events in the immediate area.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future. If there is anything I can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please feel free to contact me at lisa@georgiancourt.com.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We have had the pleasure of staying at this property numerous times when we come to Vancouver for a concert. Great location as it is a 3 minute walk to the arena and 5 minutes to the Pacific Centre. If you have a vehicle they provide great rates in the underground parkade. The rooms while not large were very quaint and the housekeeping was outstanding. Very Comfy beds and the proximity of the rooms to the elevator great, especially when you have multiple shopping bags!!! We usually are able to get a package deal which includes either a full breakfast or dinner. The customer service is most excellent as well , very friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank greaseball777
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Often times, it's the little things that matter such as free bottled water in your room and free wi-fi that can make a difference in your hotel stay. (Five dollar water and $14.95 wi-fi do not a happy guest make!) The Georgian Court (GC) succeeded on many "little" things, as well as a few big things.

The Good:

* Friendly front desk & housekeeping - Paolo at the front desk was extremely warm and inviting

* Free newspaper(s) in the lobby

* Wood floors - manufactured wood, but it was still much cleaner and spacious feeling that carpet.

* Hotel bathrobe & slippers - so many hotels forgo this little luxury. Nice to have it here!

* Aveda bath products - love the rosemary mint scent!

* Parking - the $19 rate was half the rate of other 4* hotels in the city. The underground lot was extremely secure (gated, keyed, etc.). Other than small'ish spots, I couldn't complain. Parking is a necessary evil.

The "Eh":

* Bathroom - on the smallish side, but I liked the fact that they didn't mess the the look/feel of an older hotel bathroom. However, my 6 ft hustband found the shower head a bit low. On the other hand, the water got hotter faster than any hotel bathroom in recent memory!

* Workout area - understandably, an older hotel will not a state-of-the-art exercise room, but this one was quite small. Newer equipment made up for it, though.

The Bad:

* No mini fridge - I've come to expect a small fridge to stow our light snacks. This would not have worked for us if our children were here. The GC is not super high-end and I would've expected one here.

Overall, a pleasant one-night stay!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank liclak
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had a great stay at the Georgian Court over a long holiday weekend in July. Busy weekend so most hotels were booked for rooms with two large beds (we had two adults and two small kids). Manager gave us a room with just the set up we needed (queen bed plus pull-out couch in separate room, plus a discount), which was the same price as more distant hotels. Great location across from BC place, lots of nearby food, coffee shops, and retail. We're adding this to our BC hotel list for the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Natasha J
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed three nights with 2 chihuahuas with no problems. Felt very welcomed and comfortable with the dogs. Canada Place is right across the street for walking and a couple of grassy areas. Very clean and well maintained rooms. spacious enough. Very friendly and helpful staff. Fast room service with reasonable prices. Accessible garage parking for $19/day. It is a well run quality boutique hotel. Had no complaints

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank K9powers
Lisa J, General Manager at Georgian Court Hotel, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear K9powers,

Thank you very much for your comments, travelers with pets will find your review of great value.

We are indeed just steps away from Cooper's Park, a great off-leash park conveniently located behind BC Place (the name easily mistaken for Canada Place). The 1.7 hectare park borders False Creek and offers winding paths, large grassy areas and beautiful views of the inlet for your furry family members to play freely and get lots of exercise. We sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back to Vancouver and the Georgian Court Hotel in the near future.