“Week's visit”

Ranked #46 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Ste Anne des Plaines, QC
“Week's visit”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The staff was exceptional going above and beyond with their service, friendliness and compassion. Excellent hotel to stay at if one has to visit the St. Paul's hospital. They offer special medical rates, as well as little extra touches such as nice amenities in the rooms. Also very close to Robson and Granville, exciting areas to visit.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Gibsons BC
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Service was very good and the rooms are clean and well service with mini apartments. The IGA is next store wit lots of food , especally breakfasts. Movie theatre is across the street, with lots of screens.

Room Tip: The regular studio is all you need.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Mission, Canada
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Vancouver. It's within walking distance to Robson St and the Pacific Center. If you are in need of a hotel near St. Paul's Hospital it is right next door.
Staff attentive. Room spacious and clean. Front desk staff friendly. Lovely products from the SPA in your room.

Dawson Creek, Canada
Reviewed 11 January 2012

my stay was sweet and awesome especially front desk clerk that check me in

Room Tip: my bed would have been better with double bed
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
tokyo
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My family stayed here for 2 nights during the holidays. My husband had a few meetings downtown so my 2 year old and myself decided to join him. The first 2 nights we stayed there was great. From the front desk girls to the bellman, all of them were very nice and friendly and very helpful. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. Great view of downtown, very clean, separate bedroom with very comfy king size bed and the location was just great. We enjoyed our stay. When my husband had to go back for one night after the holidays it was like the service was downgraded almost instantly. The front desk clerk from the get go seemed very rushed and not too friendly. No smiles. We wanted to get the same room we got on our first visit but unfortunately the room was sold out. But once we got into our room, again we were pleasantly surprised. I was especially happy with tv we had in our bedroom. After we put down our bags we found out the toilet would not flush. I called the front desk and the same guy who checked us in, his name was Amid, told us he would send somebody right up. We waited but nothing. It is a little frustrating when you check into a room wanting to just unpack our bags and relax but this time we had to wait for maintenance. No show after 30min. Called again and finally somebody came in to fix. A guy came in, said he fixed it and left. I didn't bother to check if it flushes before he left because he seemed very rushed and I figured it was fixed. Flushed the toilet and the water rises and clearly it was still clogged. I called front desk and Amid answered. I told him that the toilet was still clogged. He didn't sympathize or say anything to make the situation better, he immediately asked if I was sure. He asked, ru sure it wasn't your daughter? Are you sure nothing you did clogged it? I was so shocked he was asking ME if I did something to he toilet. I told him and replied, are stating that I clogged the toilet and it was my fault? His response was, well our maintenance guy told you he fixed it right? Unbelievable. I asked him to get the guy out again to fix it and his response was, well he said he fixed it do all I can do is offer you another room. I asked him I the room he was goin to switch us to
was goin to be the exact same room because we really liked the room and he said yes. Although frustrated and angry at the way he handled the situation I agreed. We loaded the trolly with our bags and we went to our new room. It looked the same...until I got to our bedroom, no tv. I was just slightly disappointed because that was a treat to have a tv in our room. I called front desk and again Amid answered. I asked him why we didn't have a tv in our room and I would like to have a room with a tv. He responded baffled. He said, REALLY...there was a tv in your old room? That's so odd because none of our one bedroom suites have tv's. We are upgrading our rooms and taking out all the tv's so you shouldn't of for a tv in he first place. I was ok with that...a little disappointed because that tv in our first room would of been great. But they way he talked to me and the way he handled everything was so unprofessional and rude. We were very very disappointed because the first 2 nights we stated here was so great. It just goes to show how one person can ruin your whe trip.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Kao23
Cplaza1015, Manager at Century Plaza Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 11 January 2012
Dear Kao23,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We're glad that you have overall enjoyed the quality of our rooms, specifically with your previous experiences. We are currently in plans to put television sets in all of our bedrooms, but at the moment, only a select few premium suites offer these. Unfortunately during your stay with us, we were fully booked and did not have many other room options available for you. At the Century Plaza we strive to exceed guest service expectations and consistently receive positive responses for this. In your particular case, it seems that we have failed. I've spoken to the associate you've mentioned about consistency of service and we're sure that this will not be a problem again in the future. We'd love for the opportunity to make it up to you on your next visit. Please contact us at manager@century-plaza.com so that we may ensure your next experience is 100% positive.

Our best,
Management
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel is ideally situated in the center of Vancouver. I stayed here for about 4 nights. We rented a car and there is parking in the lower floors of the hotel - you have to pay for parking. There is a spa attached to the hotel so you get the spa bath products in your room.

The room we got was spacious and the beds are comfortable. Service is great, they are very attentive to their guests. The room feels a little old, but otherwise was fine. There is a fridge and a microwave in the room, which makes buying food from outside and eating in easy. Breakfast at the hotel was pricey so we just bought bread and kept it in the fridge.

Overall, the stay is a good experience.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Quesnel B.C.
Reviewed 6 January 2012

The hotel itself was just great...fantastic coffee shop...don't drink the corporate coffee down the street. The thing that made me write this review was the fantastic service I received. Lost baggage especially when the delivery company loses your bag after the airline loses it is stressful. Nicci and Gerry here at the hotel took it upon themselves to track down my bag. They had to look at their security video to see that it wasn't delivered as reported and then did some detective work and phoning to make sure the bag arrived eventually. They seemed as happy and relieved as me to get it finally. Great hotel with great people.