“Very good hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Modena
“Very good hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We really enjoyed or two nights in this hotel. Great location, very close to the main attractions of the city downtown. Beautiful view from the room, located at the 19th floor. Perfect service and people very kind.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Terrace, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed 4 nights the week-end of June 6, 2014, For what was relatively good value for Vancouver, we got what was our own apartment facing north towards the North Shore mountains with a king bed in the bedroom, a balcony and beautiful views of the city and north shore mountains from the balcony The windows and sliding doors opened so we were able to enjoy real air and never had to turn on the air con even though it was June. The only noise we heard from the bedroom would be the doors of other rooms on our floor opening and closing. We would close the door of our bedroom at night and we didn't hear the doors of other rooms any more.

The location couldn't be better. The hotel is 3 blocks from the Granville Street action and a block away from the funkiness and great restaurants of Davie Street. It's also 3 blocks from Robson Street. The IGA supermarket is a block away which was handy for stocking our full kitchen with breakfast and beverage supplies.

The only downside for me was the dingy indoor pool in the basement, It has this stylized sheet metal ceiling that was rusting and dripping down in to the water. Ewwww...

The staff at the hotel is great, very welcoming and very friendly, not snobby.

What else can I say! Well done, Century Plaza. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night following a 7 day cruise, the hotel was booked through a tour company. Prior to the cruise we had spent 6 days near Stanley Park so we found the Century Plaza location very convenient for buying items in readiness for our 4 day coach tour. We were very appreciative of the laundry room with its very clean, efficient and modern appliances. The staff members were very friendly and we were upgraded to the 28th floor with a king size bed and magnificent views, the room was fantastic and we really enjoyed our stay.

Following the coach tour we returned to The Century Plaza, again booked through our tour company, We were given a room on the 15th floor, we immediately dropped our belongings and left the hotel as it was our final night in Vancouver before we left Canada the next day. Following our return to the room I began to feel itchy and I noticed some animal hair, at that point I read the sign on the back of the door advising it was a pet room and we could request another room if this didn't suit. At 1 o'clock in the morning (my husband was asleep) I went to reception about the pet room. I live in Australia, we travel a lot and we had been travelling for 6 weeks at that stage. We had never encounted a pet room ( pets are not allowed in Australian hotels). I suggested people should be informed at check in the room is a pet room and be given the choice to change rooms. Drew informed me most of the people in the world have pets and they pay more for a pet room. How that was relevant to me I don't know. He asked me what he could do for me. At that time of the morning what could be done, so nothing was done.

The next morning at check out I informed a staff member about the situation, he was apologetic (something Drew was not) and informed me perhaps there hadn't been another room available (which contradicted the sign on the door in the room). He agreed I should have been informed at check in and the procedure will be followed in future. He offered us complimentary breakfast, we had already had breakfast, so he offered us items from the café.

I am of the opinion, had I not addressed the situation at check out, the hotel staff would have ignored my concerns and no apology would have been forth coming. We requested a non smoking room who would have thought we needed to request a non pet room!

With so many other accommodation options available in Vancouver, I would not choose to stay at The Century Plaza again and I would not recommend it to other travellers. The attitude of Drew is one of the many deciding factors.

Room Tip: Request a NON PET room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kate C
Prince George
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

it was a nice hotel found some of the staff a little rude especially at my check inn the spa was nice ... a little over priced as well i paid 160 for nails and toes then upon y arrival back home two days later i discovered the nail polish on my big toe was completely gone ! i was so upset because i usually pay half the price at home and that doesn't happen . but the staff was lovely and i was relaxed in the spa

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Stockbridge
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Great hotel and staff. Great bar and bar tender. Met a very nice couple and their daughter there and we shared several delicious drinks. Very best hotel stay on the whole 2 week vacation. Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Shop around before you book... their regular rates are pretty high if you book with them directly, but you can find discount deals on travel sites.

The Good: 1. Excellent en-suite kitchenette. 2. The Coffee Bar makes their own gelato, and it's fantastic. 3. If you hang the "Do Not Disturb" card on your doorknob so the maids don't come in, you get a $5 credit you can use at the restaurant or coffee bar. 4. They have pet-friendly rooms.

The Not-So-Good:
1. Beds kind of hard & lumpy.
2. Heater wasn't working, the nights were pretty cold, and they never responded to repeated calls about it.
3. It's not really close walking distance to anything you might be going to Vancouver to see.
4. They have a very strict check-out policy: I'd asked for a late check-out (4 p.m.) when I booked, because my plane wasn't leaving until 10 p.m. On my checkout day, the desk clerks called up and insisted I get out right at 11:00 am. They were downright rude about it, even though I pointed out that I'd asked for late check-out when I booked and had never been told it wasn't going to happen. (The Vancouver airport is relatively pleasant, but hanging out there for 10 hours wasn't.)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Im happy , it was good to stay at your hotel , you've a very great location :) , in addtion, the service was good, every one seemed to be happy to help and answering question. Overall, it was a quite and good night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends