Empire Landmark Hotel and Conference Center
  • Restaurant
Carmana Plaza(Vancouver)
  • Fitness centre
1,335 results
All reviewsrevolving restaurantrobson streetstanley parktop flooralong robsonwhole foodssmall balconydowntown vancouvertwo double bedswest endan older hotelbit datedcoal harbourlocation is excellentlots of restaurantscanada placegranville island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I would rate this a solid 2 star, however, keep reading, because it is decent considering. Stayed here twice recently in September and October 2012. Reservations made over the phone prior and requests were granted (far from elevator). Check-in was smooth on both ocassions, however, during our stay there were several bus tours, and the line snaked it's way through the lobby for check-in, glad we didn't hit these times. Hotel caters to group tours. We paid considerably less than $100/night for downtown Vancouver during shoulder season which is extremely affordable. The location is ideal if you want to explore sea wall, Stanely Park, English Bay, Coal Harbour, shopping, etc, it's at the end of Robson street, close to Denman. There is one restaurant which we didn't check out. The rooms are ok. First time we stayed in the base room, which was fairly small, two twin beds and no sitting area. Second time, requested a deluxe room, two double beds and a small sitting area and mini-kitchen (no stove). All rooms have a mini-fridge which we find is a must to avoid eating out 3 meals/day. Fairly clean, though I had to deep clean the bathroom sink when we arrived the second time. We were travelling with our baby and I had to use the sink to wash bottles etc. Didn't dare use it until the grime was removed. Beds are comfortable, have duvets not the gross comforters you would expect at this price point. TV is updated flat screen. We found the evenings quiet on both trips likely due to the clients they cater to. For the price there is not really much to complain about. Another perk is the parking, easy to come and go, unlike a lot of hotels in the downtown core which have valet parking, and the price, it's only $15/day, most are a minimum $30/day. On both occassions we requested more towels from the staff and they gave us a tonne which I appreciated. I can't comment on the daily housekeeping as we declined it on both occassions, totally unnecessary when you are there for only 3 days in my opinion. My only complaint is the extremely slow hot water, had to run the water for a shower for 10 minutes!!! I called the front desk to ask if there was a problem and she said this was normal to let it run. Not a huge deal, but if you were in a rush and weren't aware of this little issue, you could potentially be late for your day. Would stay here again, but I prefer more upscale hotels with lobby bar/restaurant and work-out facilities. For these trips these ammenities weren't needed so not a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank catesmarty
Reviewed 18 November 2012

When I checked in staff were friendly, I made my way to my room, the best thing here I can say in the view is great. Small and very tired room. AC heating in F not C. Thought Canada changed over on the '70's. Low fan setting did not work. Colling did not work. Was room moved the next day furniture was carved with graffiti and was tired. Went for breakfast one morning fruit fly over all the fruit, 42floors up and only access is the lift... I did not stay. Went for a drink on the Friday night again furniture needs replacing. Had 1 beer and calamari off the taps menu it was ok. On check out wemt to pay with a multi currency MasterCard and was advise that the hotel does not take this card.?????? The Ritz Carlton and Hilton does so does hire car companies and Air Canada why don't you???? Nothing stated anywhere about not taking MasterCard. Be careful travellers.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I have been going to Vancouver for 25 years and have been wanting to try the Empire Landmark on Robson Street, but had not until the last trip.

We arrived in Vancouver @ 7:00 AM off a cruise ship and needed a hotel for one night. The Landmark was reasonably priced for Vancouver, and is often fully booked so we tried it.

We arrived very early, but pre-registered and were able to check our baggage without any problems. We returned around 1 PM and the room was ready and we were quickly wisked to the room on the 16th floor with a great view of English Bay.

Everything was in good order ( the kitchenette was not fitted for use beyond the fridge/microwave) and comfortable. WiFi was good but a bit weird as it was set up for use by floor and we were unable to use it from the lobby prior to physically checking in.

Apparently this is a popular hotel for the cruise ships. We like it becaise we like to be on Robson and close to Stanley Park.

I would absloutely use the hotel again. Very often the travel sites indicate this as being unavailable, but in future I would call directly, as room might still be available.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BobOttawa
Reviewed 6 November 2012

This hotel is in a good location. A few steps from the busy part of Robson, but still easy to get around.

The rooms are big and roomy, but looking worn and tired. The beds were not comfortable and I had a spring that kept poking me.

The balconies do give a stunning view of the city :)

all in all.. we got the $80 pricetag we paid for the room.

Room Tip: the higher up, the better the balcony view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geeggeeg
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Convenient Robson Street location. Great views from my high floor room. The room was plain but large and the bed was comfortable. Public areas in definite need of refurbishing - exteriors to room doors badly scuffed, etc. The only real negative was a very noisy heater in the room. Room amenities were sparse with the bathroom towels clearly having been through the laundry many too many times. Checkin and checkout were inefficient.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo