“Robsonstrasse Hotel Delivers”

Ranked #82 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Broomfield, Colorado
“Robsonstrasse Hotel Delivers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We couldn't have picked a better location in Vancouver BC, if we tried! Located on Robson Street, it is in the center of everything. Within walking distance to a grocery store (Safeway), Restaurants of many different cultures, shopping (high end and discount), the waterfront, the 2010 Olympic torch and the must-see Stanley Park. I could go on and on... However, what was most important about the hotel was the high level of service. From the moment we walked in, Karim and Dolly were kind, gracious and above and beyond helpful. They pointed out different things to see and do in the area and were very enthusiastic about Vancouver. Dolly even called up to our room to make sure we were happy and satisfied with the accomations and to see if there was anything else we needed. Thank you, Robsonstrasse for making our trip that much more enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Osoyoos, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was travelling to Vancouver for medical reasons. The location allows you to shop on Robson street, walk to the waterfront and Stanley Park. There is a drug store nearby, along with good restaruants, Whole Foods Market for groceries and public transportation. The room I stayed in had one kind bed and was large compared to other hotels I have stayed in and it was clean. A continental breakfast will be available after the renovations are completed. I appreciated the secure underground parking. Karim is kind and considerate and goes beyond what one could expect from a manager. He willingly offered to assist me when I had unexpected difficulties with my car. My room had limited closet/hanging space which may have been a problem if I was staying longer.
The staff is willing to assist and they are friendly and welcoming.
Liliana

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side stree or the back are quieter than those facing Robson Street
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is a perfect location in Vancouver. The staff and management were courteous, helpful and bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. The room and hotel were well kept and very clean.

These factors far outweighed the lack of "frills" in our room. It would have been nice to have basics in the kitchen, an extra blanket, kleenex, an extra bar of soap. To be fair, we didn't ask for them. I am confident they would have been cheerfully delivered if we had.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AsanteSana2017
Regina, SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

In May my immediate family (5) gathered in Vancouver to wish my son "Bon Voyage". He was going to Japan to live and work. We booked the family suite and all stayed in the same set of rooms. It was great. It had a kitchen facility so we could eat and visit in the room. Karim, the manager, and his family (?) made us feel welcome, were very friendly, and helped us with a number of aspects of our stay. The suite was very comfortable and the location, right on Robson Street, close to downtown was excellent. It was also close to Stanley Park (walking distance) It had secure parking which was a bonus since we drove to Vancouver. I felt good about our stay all the time - there was never a negative aspect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would even look forward to contacting Karim since he was so friendly and sincere.

Room Tip: This was the lowest price option for a family in downtown Vancouver. At other hotels we would have...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Ironton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I stayed here with a friend for the 2 weeks that I was in Vancouver, and was very happy with it. The staff was always friendly and answered the few questions that I had about laundry, etc. The rooms were clean, and I really have no complaints at all. Well, it is noisy if your room is on the Robson Street side, but if you want to be in the heart of downtown VanCity, that is to be expected. Great location to everything of interest, and easy access to other places by close bus/Skytrain stations.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I was very pleased with the location of the hotel. It made it easy to walk to Stanley Park and the waterfront and was minutes away from many restaurants, liquor stores, grocery stores and other shopping areas. They had underground monitored parking for only $15/day and it was easy to get from the hotel to the Sea-to-Sky highway. The price was just right for a room that included a microwave and refrigerator and there was no noticeable noise at night. The proprietor and his family were very welcoming and willing to help out however they could. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mkennedy111
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Booked this hotel for my daughter and some friends and they ran into several issues. The hotel was ok, but left a lot to be desired. They were given conflicting information, depending on whom they spoke to at the front desk. Since August 2011, I have been trying to get a refund cheque from the manager Karim. He keeps on saying it is in the mail, but it is November now and I've yet to see it. He does not answer email anymore. I don't know who really runs the place, but they don't do a good job of it. Very disappointing - avoid! There are lots of great places to stay in Vancouver, so skip this one.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
8 Thank hahas
robsonstrasse, General Manager at Robsonstrasse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 December 2011
I have read this review . The original reservation was made through our online booking system. When the guest(s) arrived at the hotel at check in time. Their credit card declined and as such the room payment was made in cash at check in time and agreed to the rate and total room stay charge. Upon check out the guests returned the electronic keys. Approx. two weeks later, we received an e-mail from the guest expressing that they over paid by $12,40. The reservations manager Karim looked into this claim and found a discrepancy between the online web site rate and the check in rate. We immediately offered a rebate upon their return at a future date to out hotel or a cash refund if they were visiting Vancouver again. They were uncertain when they would be returning to Vancouver in the near future.
Since these guest(s) had a declined credit card we could not simply do return sale on their credit card. The only option was to mail a company cheque back to them at the exchange rate.. They did not want a refund in Canadian funds and we suggested that the currency exchange rate would be effecting the actual refund amount in question. We send a US cheque equivalency of $10.09. The matter is settled.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels