“disgusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
Abbotsford, Canada
“disgusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Nasty nasty hotel very dirty.pigeon crap everywhere very outdated. Uncomfortable rooms.not even a 2 star but they claim 3 and half star. Disgusting staff are also very rude. They try and clean pigeon crap by putting paper over top.We advised management and they played all dumb.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Christina H
robsonstrasse, Front Office Manager at Robsonstrasse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
I recall communicating with this guest. The guest brought an unconfirmed reservation quote
print-out from the HelloBC web site at check in time and expected the print-out be acknowledged as a confirmed booking and moreover, claimed she had already prepaid the room stay on the web site. She asserted that the quote to be honored . We advised her, this was not a valid reservation for today's date and as such, the weekend rate for a walk in guest would be much higher than the quote sited for a different arrival date. She was extremely animated ,however, she disapprovingly accepted the walk in rate . Now the comment(s) she mentions are completely incorrect, distorted and I reason that her noted exacerbated displeasure is associated with her lack of due diligence upon attempting to make to confirm this reservation.
If she was that unhappy with conditions described, she and her family could have simply checked out. We would have gladly refunded her stay charge and shortened her stay length.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

Reception was nice upon checking in but from that point forward they were never accommodating Everything is dirty and needs upgrading. Over priced. I'd stay in my car next time if I could not find any other hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank SMac_53
robsonstrasse, Front Office Manager at Robsonstrasse Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
I have read this complaint and this guest did not appreciate or respect our no visitors policy, clearly enforced after 11 pm There was a concert that evening in Vancouver and the hotel security protocols were very strict and this guest attempted to sneak his friends into his room for a small gathering after 11 pm. The hotel security guard ousted all non registered guest from that room. The registered guest being inebriated was non complaint and was also ejected from the building along with his friends.

Travellers are raving about these Vancouver hotels

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed in Robsonstrasse for a week at the beginning of May 2013 while I was visiting my cousins. The room I got was spacious, the bed was very comfortable (I think it could fit 2 more people), so I slept like a baby. The management and front desk clerk helped me to pick the greatest attractions in Vancouver, I also used discount coupons and city maps they offered. What I really liked is that they have 24 h front desk so I could call in the middle of the night to ask for ice and I was served really nicely.
The policy of the hotel about non-smoking and no visitors after 11pm made my stay very peaceful, so I didn't have to worry about "partying neighbors" and nobody disturbed my sleep.
Last but not least, you won't get better prices for such good conditions in Downtown.
I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dana P
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We couldn't have picked a better location in Vancouver BC, if we tried! Located on Robson Street, it is in the center of everything. Within walking distance to a grocery store (Safeway), Restaurants of many different cultures, shopping (high end and discount), the waterfront, the 2010 Olympic torch and the must-see Stanley Park. I could go on and on... However, what was most important about the hotel was the high level of service. From the moment we walked in, Karim and Dolly were kind, gracious and above and beyond helpful. They pointed out different things to see and do in the area and were very enthusiastic about Vancouver. Dolly even called up to our room to make sure we were happy and satisfied with the accomations and to see if there was anything else we needed. Thank you, Robsonstrasse for making our trip that much more enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Osoyoos, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was travelling to Vancouver for medical reasons. The location allows you to shop on Robson street, walk to the waterfront and Stanley Park. There is a drug store nearby, along with good restaruants, Whole Foods Market for groceries and public transportation. The room I stayed in had one kind bed and was large compared to other hotels I have stayed in and it was clean. A continental breakfast will be available after the renovations are completed. I appreciated the secure underground parking. Karim is kind and considerate and goes beyond what one could expect from a manager. He willingly offered to assist me when I had unexpected difficulties with my car. My room had limited closet/hanging space which may have been a problem if I was staying longer.
The staff is willing to assist and they are friendly and welcoming.
Liliana

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side stree or the back are quieter than those facing Robson Street
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

This is a perfect location in Vancouver. The staff and management were courteous, helpful and bent over backwards to make our stay pleasant. The room and hotel were well kept and very clean.

These factors far outweighed the lack of "frills" in our room. It would have been nice to have basics in the kitchen, an extra blanket, kleenex, an extra bar of soap. To be fair, we didn't ask for them. I am confident they would have been cheerfully delivered if we had.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank AsanteSana2017
Regina, SK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

In May my immediate family (5) gathered in Vancouver to wish my son "Bon Voyage". He was going to Japan to live and work. We booked the family suite and all stayed in the same set of rooms. It was great. It had a kitchen facility so we could eat and visit in the room. Karim, the manager, and his family (?) made us feel welcome, were very friendly, and helped us with a number of aspects of our stay. The suite was very comfortable and the location, right on Robson Street, close to downtown was excellent. It was also close to Stanley Park (walking distance) It had secure parking which was a bonus since we drove to Vancouver. I felt good about our stay all the time - there was never a negative aspect. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again and would even look forward to contacting Karim since he was so friendly and sincere.

Room Tip: This was the lowest price option for a family in downtown Vancouver. At other hotels we would have...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family