“RM 1821 - June 29, 2012 to July 2, 2012”

Landis Hotel & Suites
Ranked #64 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Check In/Out - 5/5. Prompt, quick and efficient. Did need to borrow a key to get down to the parkade and then return it once we pulled out.

Elevators - 5/5. Clean, working order. Looks very nice and for security you need to use your key.

WiFi - 5/5. Works very well. No password needed.

Door Locks - 2/5. They are the oldest ones I have ever seen. They were hard to use at the beginning until we figured out how they like to be used.

18th Floor Hallway - 1/5. It smelled like food being cooked, like an apartment building during dinner time. I expected better from an hotel.

Kitchen 3/5. Floors could have been cleaner. The counter tops could use an upgrade to granite. Everything worked and was functional.

Bedroom 3/5. It was very clean. The bed was excellent, so was the bathroom. The Penthouse could use an update, as it is starting to look dated. But it was the cheapest Penthouse in the core for the room I needed for my guests. I paid $650 per night which was with a $100 discount off of the advertised price, but felt it was worth $450 per night, as I paid that much in Victoria and got a much better Penthouse I felt. But you are paying for the location.

Staff 3/5. We ordered pizza and according to the driver her had to wait 20 minutes for a staff member to let him inside and up the elevator. When I initally made the reservation, they almost didn't let me make the reservation accusing me that I might damage the Penthouse. That was the first time I ever had that accusation levied at me and for the next few days, I did attempt to find other accommodation.

Would I stay here again? Yes.

Would I recommend this hotel to others? Yes.

Any other places? I have never gone wrong with Best Western.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 June 2012

it was an excellent stay and we were very pleased with the whole experience. We arrived at the hotel early Sunday right after the cruise, I think around 11 am, and were immediately checked in! The front desk person, Khalit, was very friendly and helpful.The room -two bedroom- was clean ans spacious. One bedroom is smaller but still good. Another one is huge. Beds are excellent. Not hard, but not too soft, very comfortable.The master bathroom is huge, too. Has a shower and bath tub, 2 sinks. Pleasant decor. The AC in a small bedroom was not functioning correctly. After a call to FD, they sent tech person instantly, and in 15 min in was fixed. The breakfast is basic, nothing spectacular, but has everything for not keeping you hungry in the morning. The kitchen is equipped with all cooking utensils should you wish to cook, all dishes and even electric kettle in addition to coffee maker.We could not find any supermarkets nearby, but there are plenty of eating places around. the location is good, you can walk to the center of city or take public transportation, around the corner. All in all, I would recommend to anybody. It is very secure and in a good condition.

Room Tip: We stayed on 6 floor, facing two streets, Hornby st. is one of them. The windows are very thin (the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2012

A good location and an decent price but did have some issues.

1. They include a sofa bed which is great for kids but there are no curtains in the living area, so expect the kids to wake up with the sun :(.

2. They did not provide enough towels for the number of guests.

3. They breakfast area is very small and it is hard to get to the food. They only really provided bread cereal and fruit which was ok. However they only provided two toasters one of which was broken and only toasted on one side. This lead to loooong waiting times for toast.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

With 4 adults, we needed 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed. All these were perfect, even the sofa bed had a good mattress. King bed in one bedroom and a double in the other. The suite was spotless and recently renovated. 3 flatscreen tvs in 3 rooms and DVD player. Kitchenette had enough supplies to cook a meal including an oven and microwave, although we ate out the 2 days we were there. Davie Street has numerous cafes and convenience stores. There was a nice little dining area in the glassed in atrium off the living room. Our suite was on the 8th floor with a peek-a-boo view of English Bay and the street below. Windows, floor to ceiling in living room and the bedrooms. The neighbourhood seemed geared to couples, familys and even leashed dogs, all very friendly. About a 5 block walk over to Robson St. where most of the shopping seemed to be. Although St. Pauls hospital is only a couple of blocks away, only one of our party heard ambulances during the night. Beds were so comfortable. There is also a Continental breakfast offered down on the 2nd floor, and it was fine for our needs. Juice, coffee, bagels, muffins, toast, danish pastry, cereal and fruit.. The staff at the front desk were very helpful. I would go back again, especially with more than 2 people. There seemed to be only 4 suites to each floor. Parking was $20.00 a day. 2 Elevators that were super fast and very little waiting time. I booked 2 1/2 weeks ahead and hotel was full when we arrived.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Loved this place as it feels more like a condo than a hotel. Walk down Davie and Granville streets for nightlife, walk down false creek and take a 5 min boat ride to Granville island. There is tons of room, excellent views, great water pressure and windows open. The street noise did wake me, yep, I heard the trumpet guy too. I figure its city living, so bring a fan or earplugs. They also offer umbrellas in the rooms, and the front desk is highly professional. Great job!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Met up with family pre-cruise at the Landis. Stayed one night in a two bedroom, two bath suite with a pull out couch. Perfect for the 5 of us and very comfortable and clean. We arrived early but I had requested an early arrival and the room was ready for us on arrival. Great location for walking around the city, just the few blocks to the middle of everything. Continental breakfast and transportation to the cruise included.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We are a family of 6 who stayed here for 3 nights, Saturday-Tuesday.We had a two bedroom apartment which had plenty of room for the 6 of us.
First for the good...We arrived early on Saturday and although our room was not ready, we upgraded to a slightly higher standard and that room was ready so they let us in about 5 1/2 hours before normal check-in which was great. The beds are comfortable, they have free wifi and 3 TVs with a good variety of channels. The service was good and as I already said, they were spacious. We could also reach everything we wanted to without much hassle.
However, the noise here is pretty intense. We have had sirens of all varieties, party goers (with a trumpet!) until 4.30am and then jack-hammers at 7.30am. It feels as though you have no windows at all as the insulation is so bad. Our room (1123) was right on the street and it may be better at the back of the building.
I would stay here again BUT BRING EARPLUGS.

Room Tip: Try the back of the hotel to avoid the phenomenal street noise.