“second time there”

Ranked #60 of 90 Hotels in Vancouver
Jerome, Idaho, United States
“second time there”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is one of the nicest hotel/suite set ups around. The front desk people could not have been more helpful . They have a breakfast each morning . Also work out room and nice pool. This was our second time there and may return next year for a third. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up the better for views of the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
NZ
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Landis twice in July with our family of 6. I think it was rooms 821 and 721 and both rooms were spacious and comfortable with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There was a kitchen with a dishwasher and there was a coin operated laundry room downstairs in the changing rooms. There was free wifi although sometimes it didn't work for a little while. The key card sometimes didn't work on the swipe doors and we had to swipe it a few times or use another card. One of the two lifts was not working when we arrived so there were delays. But it was soon fixed the next day. Continental breakfast was included with some pastries, cereals, fruit and juice.

Service was good at the front desk. A man, I think his name is Ali, is always very helpful and informative. He allowed us to check in early in the morning as we arrived on an early morning flight. If you are intending to see any sights around Vancouver, maybe check with front desk first for tickets. We already bought our Capilano suspension bridge tickets before the man at the front desk told us he could get us tickets at a discounted price if we got them through the Landis.

The location is about a 20 minute walk to Canada Place. We used the Landis free shuttle into town once which was good. We had a rented car so we paid to use the underground parking lot.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Landis. Accommodation in Vancouver is expensive and Landis was quite reasonable as we had a special rate for booking early in advance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Landis suites early Sept 2013 for 3 nights. I wish I had not booked it when I arrived. The area was really rough!!! Upon entering the hotel a chap booked us and asked if a room on the 8th floor would be okay I asked for one a bit lower and he said there were no other rooms so tough!!!

We went to the suite and the corridors were filthy not sure when the carpets were last cleaned 1980 springs to mind.

The suite was awful the kitchen area was filthy and the cups and plates etc were all chipped. There was no washing up liquid, cloths or dishwasher tablets. We went to the 7/11 shop across the road and got a few bits.

I informed them at the reception re: cups etc but nothing was done about it. The room carpets were no better than the ones in the corridors and you had to put slippers on to walk around the room.

The hotel is not the cheapest in Vancouver but should be in my opinion. We had a two bedroom two bathroom condo. It had one king and two single beds which was okay for us as I had my son and daughter with me at the time.

Breakfast was awful the only thing worth having is the milk, bran flakes and bananas. The orange juice has never seen an orange and does not taste of anything at all it is just coloured water. The bread and muffins are frozen and cheap. We purchased our own stuff for breakfast we like good quality juices etc.

The area surrounding the hotel is really awful and I would not want to walk around at night. We went to Earls down the road the first night in a taxi. It was okay but again given the area not really that clean.

If I went to Vancouver again I would forget about the price and book the pan pacific near the harbour it looked lovely (plus it was clean in the public areas).

Others I have spoken to said Victoria Island is much nice than downtown Vancouver. We went to Stanley park which was nice and Granville Island which I enjoyed. We also went to Gas town to see the gas clock (not sure why) the area is run down and not very nice.

There are loads of beggars in Vancouver and it can be over powering at times especially with the drug addicts as well.

1 Thank K w
Landis Hotel S, Manager at Landis Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experienced you had with us during your stay in Vancouver. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. I would invite you to contact me personally at 604 681 3555 to discuss this with you further. (email is khaled@landissuitesvancouver.com)

Regards,
Khaled Ali
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Our stay at the Landis was for 11 nights...and we are glad we chose this accommodation for our family of 4. The beds were very comfy, kitchenette a plus,and laundry facilities handy. The front desk staff, namely Kahlid, Jerry and John were very helpful and courteous always. Helen in the breakfast room was also very nice. For the price we paid per night,with the central location, with free shuttle to the local skytrain station, free local phone calls, breakfast included, it was for us, value for our money. Locality was also very close to nice restaurants and convenient supermarkets. We felt sad we had to leave the Landis after our 11th night, we were so comfortable there. Keep up the good work all at the Landis...thumbs up to you all!!!

Mavis & Charlie
(Australia)

1 Thank Mavis168
I’m so happy you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for sharing your experience. We look forward to having you again. See you soon
vancouver
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I booked this hotel via Expedia's unpublished rates. It told me I was booking a "2 bedroom condo" in downtown (it was not cheap). It had 2 bedrooms, living area w/ sofabed, kitchenette and balcony. I booked this for my birthday that I was celebrating with my best friend. Well, I will never be using Expedia again OR staying at the Landis. When I got to the Landis around 7pm, the manager told me that they had known since the morning that they were overbooked, and they had to relocate us to a different hotel. If they had known since the morning, why didn't they inform us earlier so we could have been prepared? They relocated us to another hotel, a studio with only 1 bed.! And since Expedia had already charged our card at the time of booking, we had to pay the same VERY EXPENSIVE rate. If they were going to relocate us, it should have been somewhere comparable so that we got what we paid for. After our stay, we called Expedia and the Landis asking for a refund. Each time, Expedia says they will call back and never do. Multiple calls to the Landis have been met with rude front staff or a manager who takes no responsibility for anything. If you ever have an issue with this hotel, don't expect to be helped. This type of service is a complete joke.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank elieli15
Thank you for your review. I'm so sorry about your experience with us, I hope you will still reach out to us. We would love to complimentary upgrade your next booking to the penthouse (1,450 square-foot Two-Bedroom Suite offers two spacious bedrooms with king sized bed in the master bedroom & 2 double beds in the 2nd bedroom. Each bedroom has a full bathroom and in the master bathroom there is a hot tub with jets also in the suite large separate living room with a sleeper sofa, a dining area, full kitchen, three balconies with inspiring views of the city of Vancouver and the local mountains. The penthouse apartment also features an alarm clock/radio, 3 HD flat-screen TV, and work desk, and wireless high-speed Internet access.) Thank you again.
kent uk
Reviewed 6 October 2013

we spent 3 nights here in the middle of September..there were four of us in a 2 bedroom apartment. We found the apartment clean and well equipped with comfy beds and crisp white sheets. We were on the 8th floor at the front and so noise was not a problem. It is quite centrally located for all the attractions and really we could not fault it although some fresh air would have been nice i.e. an opening window even if it was a window that opened even an inch!!!!

Mission, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We stayed at the Landis for two nights on the 15th floor. We were happy with the Landis because of its downtown location, 1,000 square feet of living space, with two bedrooms, and two bathroom. The suite is clean, and equipped with basic stuff such as fridge, microwave, etc. The suite has a king size bed in the master bedroom and queen bed in the other bedroom. They also offer free continental breakfast, complimentary shuttle bus service. Overall, the Landis is a great place to stay and we plan to stay with them again in the near future.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
First and foremost, thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your vacation with us during you visit to our beautiful city "Vancouver". Each of our 1000 square feet provide plenty of room to stretch out and relax and comfort away from home. We truly hope to see you back, THANKS!