All reviews living room free shuttle front desk granville island enclosed balcony continental breakfast full kitchen street noise second bedroom downtown vancouver the penthouse davie street twin beds kitchen facilities extra space small kitchen bit dated
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here for only one night...to meet a friend heading back to Australia. When comparing to other hotels at this price point, it came down to "waterview maybe or 2nd bathroom"?...2 girls traveling & getting ready for the airport made it easy...2 bedrooms/2 baths. Excellent choice! I've always stayed Robson/ Coal harbor end, but was pleasantly surprised by this location.
Front desk service is excellent ( esp. Khali & John)...Friendly,welcoming, helpful and very accomodating. I got the impression from hanging in the lobby ,that they have alot of repeat clients, and that's a good thing!
Shuttle service free in the downtown core an added bonus, and made the carting of luggage to the skytrain a snap! Easy access to shopping;sightseeing;Yaletown,..and the Granville Island ferry a 5 min. walk down Hornby...perfect!!
The hotel provides a pool& hot tub & exercise equip. shared with Marriott Residence...(the carpet pattern shows which is which when debating which glass door to key through). Not lots of stuff, but good quality and totally sufficient. Pool & hot tub area clean!!!
Continental breakfast is exactly that...Cereals, breads, muffins & pastries, yogurt & fruits & juices...and of course tea & coffee. We brought ours upstairs to our room. A nice addition would be boiled eggs ( for those like me watching their carbs )
The 'suites' are great!!! We had a 6th floor 'deluxe' (corner suite) with a view to the Hornby/Davie intersection. I found it fairly quiet, considering location. The windows DO slide open ( at least in the dining area)...and comments prior, regarding sirens...well I think you'd hear them anywhere, depending where they are..they're meant to be loud!) This suite could easily be lived in long term stay, with a full sized kitchen ( although perhaps lacking some cooking supplies for that type of stay) We didn't use anything but the coffee maker and a couple of dishes, but a dishwasher & full sized fridge & stove would be a bonus for more than a day or 2. The bedrooms are nicely furnished, beds & pillows are comfy. One 'king' bedroom & one 'queen'. Bathrooms also well done, and clean! King room's bath has separate shower from tub, and dual sinks...nice & spacious. The other shower/tub combo & single sink. The Living room/dining & extra sitting/ glassed in balcony make for a very roomy & comfortable stay. TV isn't lacking...each bedroom& one in the living room. Definitely an AWESOME spot for anybody with kids who wants to be able to have some privacy!!....or for those who like 'space' :)...because there's lots of it! I found all areas to be clean & well kept. All staff encountered were friendly.
I will definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it for location & quality of service! NO REGRETS! Free wi-fi another bonus :)

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for 'deluxe' over executive for the extra bathroom :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank srsues
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Stayed here for three nights in September. Had a two bed suite. The kitchen stuff was mismatched, the settee and chair really uncomfortable and it could do with triple glazing because once the traffic dies down you can here people talking and I was on the 8th floor !!! The area it's in is very dirty and noisy and feels unsafe at night. you're blocks from anywhere, horrendous traffic, lots of beggars....so would not recommend this hotel or any in this location

Room Tip: try to get a room that does not overlook a road
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank decaugnanny
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is one of the nicest hotel/suite set ups around. The front desk people could not have been more helpful . They have a breakfast each morning . Also work out room and nice pool. This was our second time there and may return next year for a third. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The higher up the better for views of the city.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed at the Landis twice in July with our family of 6. I think it was rooms 821 and 721 and both rooms were spacious and comfortable with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There was a kitchen with a dishwasher and there was a coin operated laundry room downstairs in the changing rooms. There was free wifi although sometimes it didn't work for a little while. The key card sometimes didn't work on the swipe doors and we had to swipe it a few times or use another card. One of the two lifts was not working when we arrived so there were delays. But it was soon fixed the next day. Continental breakfast was included with some pastries, cereals, fruit and juice.

Service was good at the front desk. A man, I think his name is Ali, is always very helpful and informative. He allowed us to check in early in the morning as we arrived on an early morning flight. If you are intending to see any sights around Vancouver, maybe check with front desk first for tickets. We already bought our Capilano suspension bridge tickets before the man at the front desk told us he could get us tickets at a discounted price if we got them through the Landis.

The location is about a 20 minute walk to Canada Place. We used the Landis free shuttle into town once which was good. We had a rented car so we paid to use the underground parking lot.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Landis. Accommodation in Vancouver is expensive and Landis was quite reasonable as we had a special rate for booking early in advance.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed at the Landis suites early Sept 2013 for 3 nights. I wish I had not booked it when I arrived. The area was really rough!!! Upon entering the hotel a chap booked us and asked if a room on the 8th floor would be okay I asked for one a bit lower and he said there were no other rooms so tough!!!

We went to the suite and the corridors were filthy not sure when the carpets were last cleaned 1980 springs to mind.

The suite was awful the kitchen area was filthy and the cups and plates etc were all chipped. There was no washing up liquid, cloths or dishwasher tablets. We went to the 7/11 shop across the road and got a few bits.

I informed them at the reception re: cups etc but nothing was done about it. The room carpets were no better than the ones in the corridors and you had to put slippers on to walk around the room.

The hotel is not the cheapest in Vancouver but should be in my opinion. We had a two bedroom two bathroom condo. It had one king and two single beds which was okay for us as I had my son and daughter with me at the time.

Breakfast was awful the only thing worth having is the milk, bran flakes and bananas. The orange juice has never seen an orange and does not taste of anything at all it is just coloured water. The bread and muffins are frozen and cheap. We purchased our own stuff for breakfast we like good quality juices etc.

The area surrounding the hotel is really awful and I would not want to walk around at night. We went to Earls down the road the first night in a taxi. It was okay but again given the area not really that clean.

If I went to Vancouver again I would forget about the price and book the pan pacific near the harbour it looked lovely (plus it was clean in the public areas).

Others I have spoken to said Victoria Island is much nice than downtown Vancouver. We went to Stanley park which was nice and Granville Island which I enjoyed. We also went to Gas town to see the gas clock (not sure why) the area is run down and not very nice.

There are loads of beggars in Vancouver and it can be over powering at times especially with the drug addicts as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank K w
Landis Hotel S, Manager at Landis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

I would like to apologize for the unfortunate experienced you had with us during your stay in Vancouver. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.
I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel. I would invite you to contact me personally at 604 681 3555 to discuss this with you further. (email is khaled@landissuitesvancouver.com)

Regards,