“Great location”
Review of Rosedale on Robson

Rosedale on Robson
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I just stayed here two weeks ago and was very pleasantly surprised. My room was very comfortable and a good size for a queen suite. The hotel is a short walk to shopping on Robson, Yaletown and Gastown and Chinatown. Stayed here for the week and loved it. There is a grocery and. 24 hr Tim Hortons within 2 blocks so you can pick up some snacks or get a cup of tea if you are too tired to hit some of the great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Eileen R

Reviewed 17 April 2013

I booked this hotel via a trip advisor deal and got a great rate of $99 per night. I stayed with my wife and 3 year old for 5 nights and couldn't be happier, We had a separate room to watch TV while my son slept and a kitchen to prepare the odd meal as eating out can get a little too much.

The location was excellent and a couple of blocks from Rogers to watch the hockey and is also in walking distance to most places like Gastown. Its quiet at night and there was a great view from my hotel room.

I had a concern because people complained on trip advisor about the paid internet and that it was slow. I never had this issue. Internet was $5 for 24 hours and was faster than all the hotels I stayed at on my trip. Also $5 per say is nothing because this hotel is already great value.

I try to get to Canada once every 3-5 years and i'm definitely staying here, next time ill try and stay longer.

Also Rosies attached to the Rosedale was pretty good, staff were great and the food was nice. They also have a great drink special every day, a cheap pint and a cheap cocktail.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Diamo_advisor
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Only C$125 for a night including a basic breakfast.
Upon returning from Victoria we had one unbooked night to fill before heading up to Whistler. Our room had a strange small TV sitting area upon entry with no windows and then past the bathroom to one bedroom with two double beds that were crammed in. We appreciated the guest laundries on every second floor, which meant we could go to the next stage of our trip with a full set of clean clothes. Unfortunately the room had a very bad smell to it that we could not source.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
RosedaleGM, General Manager at Rosedale on Robson, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2013

Thank you for your review, I was wondering if you get a minute, if you could tell me which suite you were in so that we may explore your comment about the smell. My email is jamesm@rosedaleonrobson.com.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I cannot speak highly enough about the Rosedale on Robson in downtown Vancouver. My brother and I had to fly out for a family event and chose the hotel because it was close to the amenities we required. What I noticed most was the cleanliness of the facility. It is very well maintained and, although the view of the city is nothing spectacular, the interior and gardens on the second floor are beautiful. The check-in was easy and the concierge and staff were excellent. I really felt that they cared that my stay be as comfortable as possible. They even provided an umbrella when we had to go out in the rain. I will return

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind comments. As with all reviews, we will share this one with our staff.

Reviewed 6 April 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during our honeymoon. The room itself was pretty standard. Views were nothing spectacular. The hotel is well located. Close to the main shopping district and Rogers Arena. Andy the concierge was great. A very helpful and friendly bloke who really cared about making our stay in the hotel and Vancouver a pleasant, hassle free experience.
Other positives were the hotel always seemed to have tickets for the Canucks games and the bar had a casual/relaxed atmosphere.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wade T
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Rosedale on Robson is located a couple of blocks from BC Place, not too far from Gastown, Chinatown, and the business core of Vancouver. It is two blocks from Yaletown, a very hip area of the city, with a plethora of dining choices and shopping boutiques. Also, in Yaletown one can catch the water taxi to Granville Island or if you do not feel like walking, the Sky Train to downtown via the Canada Line. If you fly into YVR, one can take this line directly to downtown Vanc.

I purchased a Living Social deal for a two night stay, and all my expectations were met. The hotel was located in a very nice part of the city, clean, well-kept, with a nice pool and hot tub, sauna, steam room. The breakfast included was better than most "continental breakfasts" and the coffee was excellent. The staff was also very nice. The only negative was that the elevators were at time very slow. I must have waited about 5 min. when first arrived and was in the parking garage with all the ski equipment, luggage etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roberto D
RosedaleGM, General Manager at Rosedale on Robson, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad things worked out and do apologize for our elevators. We do need a 4th one on those sold out times. The dates that you would have been in saw over 600 people in the hotel at any given time and they were all moving about quite a bit over the days and nights. Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

This hotel was everything they promised and more. great location right in downtown walking distance from BC Place, Rogers Arena and downtown shopping. The Views of downtown at night are priceless. The rooms were clean, well maintained and well stocked. The staff is what gives this hotel my top rating. they were friendly, attentive and always had a smile on there faces. I would highly recommend this hotel to any one visiting Vancouver

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple