“Wide windows”
Review of Rosedale on Robson

Rosedale on Robson
Ranked #40 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 21 December 2013

The room, actually a studio with glass walls, is wonderful. A delight sleeping with the lights of the city. The location is perfect - stayed at this hotel to see a concert at Rogers Arena and it was perfect. But anyway, the location would be ideal. The hotel is walking distance to various points of interest in town - Canada Place, ferry to Grouse Mountain, the beaches, the park. Great. The con of this hotel is having to pay for the wifi.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

997 - 1,003 of 1,634 reviews

Reviewed 17 December 2013

What a lovely place to stay. Not many hotels have 2 bedrooms it seems, but this one did, which suited us and our teenage kids. A nice lounge area with kitchenette was really useful too! Very convenient to everything but then that's Vancouver!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank DebbJ
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Easy walking distance to central Vancouver activities. Huge rooms including micro-kitchen - such a bonus when travelling. There's a laundry on every second floor - very handy! The restaurant on the ground floor has friendly service and good quality, simple yet scrumptious food.

Reception and concierge staff were prompt and efficient. Our group booking was prepared prior to our arrival, ensuring easy check-in.

Such a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I was reading lots of positive reviews of this place online so I assumed that it would be a good place. So I booked a suite at this hotel for a few nights a while back for my wife and small kid. It's really nothing too spectacular. The staff were very friendly and helpful though. Some things that bothered me about the hotel were the cleanliness. When I first came to my room, I wanted to take a shower but I saw strands of dark hair in the bath tub which I presumed was from the previous guest staying there. There is no way it could have been ours since my family has blonde hair. So the maid must have not used any cleaning chemicals which kind of disgusted me. The beds in the room are soft and comfortable, but the pull out sofa bed is really, really, really uncomfortable. I am surprised they even put things like that in the room. The kitchenette is a good addition although it is a little dated but it allowed us to cook our own meals. The wifi in the room is not reliable. The signal often loses it's strength making browsing or video streaming hard. If you are hungry they have a continental breakfast in the morning with tea, coffee, toast, pastries, jam, etc. However they are obviously not very fresh because I tried a pastry and it was very stale. You can also order food via room service, however the hotel doesn't have their own restaurant and room service is done by a restaurant chain called Elephant and Castle which is British pub style kind of place . The food is pretty standard quality but it's good if you are hungry. One thing that bothered me however is when the maid came to clean our room. She replaced the towels, changed the sheets, etc. However she never bothered to do the dishes in the sink. Overall I wouldn't stay here again. I would rather spend more money for better service/quality and stay at the Fairmont, Hyatt or any other more upscale hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JSC543
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with the location of the hotel, I loved having so much in walking distance. We had a room on a high floor with picture windows and a spectacular view of the city. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy. I really loved the kitchenette, being able to bring leftovers back to the hotel and heat them up the next day was very nice.

My only draw back with the room was that the curtains on the picture windows didn't cover the full window, so you woke up when the sun came up. The staff was a bit snippy with me upon checking in. I asked a couple questions about parking and the restaurant and got short, rude answers. I was a bit shocked the day we checked out we received a call from the front desk two minutes after check out time demanding we check out of the hotel or be charged for another day (I understand check out times and needing to get the room ready for the next guests but it could have been handled differently and without threats).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amtron
RosedaleGM, General Manager at Rosedale on Robson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize for the lack of friendliness on our part. We have just implemented a new training program called WorldHost, run by the government tourism branch and this should hopefully address our presentation. With regard to the curtains, they are blackouts that should cover the entire window. We may have put up a wrong panel when cleaning the drapes. Thank you for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours truly:
Jim Miller

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I just spent 9 days at the Rosedale. The staff, amenities and location made for a great experience. Good value added the icing to the proverbial cake. Quiet, clean, affordable with a grocery store, liquor store and dozens of cool little shops and restarants also added to the long lost of reasons why I will stay there again

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would rate this 3 1/2, but could only choose a rating of 3 or 4 and it's not a 4. Hotel rooms are spacious and clean, but kitchette and bathrooms are a little dated. What makes the hotel a good choice is the rate (which included an expanded continental breakfast) which is considerably less than the other nearby hotels in downtown Vancouver. The problem with the kitchettes is many cook their meals and you can smell their cooking in your room. The air coniditioner/heating unit is near the bed and it's a little noisy, but how many aren't? The hotel is only a few blocks from the football/hockey facilities and Skytrain to and from the airport and shopping areas.

Room Tip: I was on the 17th floor out of 20 and there really isn't a view because of the surrounding talle...