“Good Hotel - Shame About The Noise”
Review of Rosedale on Robson

Rosedale on Robson
Ranked #39 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This is a good hotel in a great location. The staff were helpful if a little "cool". We stayed for 3 nights following a cruise. We were situated in a suite on the 20th floor which is immediately below the hotels ventilation system. There was a constant hum which we initially found irritating. We also switched off the air-conditioning in the suite because it was very noisy. The rooms are well proportioned and very well maintained. I would certainly stay here again (though not on the 20th floor!)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alphonse49
Write a ReviewReviews (1,640)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for the Vancouver Marathon and it was a gong show. The price is stupid expensive, and we even got the government rate! But that's not so much the hotel as the location - it's right near the stadia. $20 for in-out parking in that area is decent, however I hated the fact that they chintzed on the wi-fi. It was only when I checked out that I was informed that it was free, despite the fact that it asked for a credit card on the log-in screen. Rooms are old, shabby - Vancouver is also soooooo played. I'd have rather stayed somewhere cheaper in the suburbs and accessed the downtown via ample rapid transit options.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank LonelyIslander69
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed 2 nights in the Hotel on 3/4 May 2014. The rooms were great - very spacious with a separate Lounge with coffee/tea etc. Best location for everything. Service was very good indeed. Josh in the bar was amazing - top rate. Highly recommend for value, location,sevice.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We stayed mid December and were impressed with the room size and view. Also was extremely happy with our ice hockey tickets package and even received a little gift pack before the game with some drinks and an ice hockey puck. Was a great game 2. Canucks v bruins and Canucks won !!! :-) Rosie's the restaurant downstairs connected to hotel does good meals 2.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2014

What a hidden gem! We will stay here again! We didn't have the breakfast so cannot comment on that. It was so nice to have a separate sitting area, as well as a kitchen. The lobby had a nice smell to it

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PennyJMills
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Bear in mind that I wasn't paying for the room, and if I had to buy my own quarters I probably would have been sleeping in my car in the parking lot, but the only thing at all that I could complain about at all here is that the elevators were on the slow side when it was very busy.

The room was capacious; actually a suite with a living room, bath, a little functional kitchenette with usable kitchen tools, and a giant bedroom. Everything was clean and comfy. I'm not a TV watcher but for those who are, there were TV sets in both the living room and bedroom. Wow, just like home I suppose, with a zillion channels of nothing to watch.

I was only here one night but I would have been happy to have stayed longer. I'm a light sleeper, so quiet is a big deal, and this room was quiet. I was in 1508.

And out on the street above the hotel were myriad little places to have a bite to eat. My favorite was the sushi roll place where a bowl of miso soup, a large sushi roll, and a cup of tea, was under $6CAN. I also checked out the bento place, and the coffee place. Good cheap eats abound in this neighborhood, which is essentially in the heart of Vancouver.

One could do far worse.

Oh, just remembered they charge $15 CAN for 24 hours of internet, which does kind of suck in this day and age. That gives a small ding to the rating, but since I wasn't paying for it anyway, I decided it wasn't enough to demote from 5 dots.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here in April with my husband. I found the staff at the reception to be super friendly and efficient. We stayed in a room on the 17th floor. It was fabulous. Great view of the city, even better at night. The room was fantastic. Very clean and very comfortable, had everything we wanted. Had fantastic nights sleep in lovely big bed in a very quiet room. Clean towels and sheets each day. Great location, everything you need right outside the door, including great public transport links. Would definitely have no hesitation in recommending this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the higher floors, great view of the city.