Aviawest Vancouver aka Rosedale on Robson
We checked into the timeshare last Saturday. This was an exchange thru RCI with our HGVC points. Aviawest shares the same building as the Rosedale on Robson Hotel in downtown Vancouver at the corner of Hamilton and Robson. One can’t check in at the hotel lobby. The Aviawest check in counter is in a small office adjacent to the hotel. Underground parking is available for $11 a day. After checking in, one has to go to the hotel lobby and pay for parking at the front desk. You can pay with cash or credit card and they will issue you a parking pass. Parking spaces are tight and one morning, we saw that the car next to us had a smashed window. Homeless and bums are a problem in downtown Vancouver.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom / 1 bath on the 13th floor. The bedrooms are decent size, however the living area and bathroom were small. The rooms were clean and the suite was recently remodeled. Each room had a TV with over 50 channels and the living room had a DVD player. Construction workers were working in the hallways. There was new carpet and paint.
The tiny kitchen consists of a small sink, 3 electric burner top and a microwave. There is a small oven, however you can’t cook a turkey in it. The refrigerator is a dorm size maybe 3 to 4 square feet. You really can’t cook anything. There was no room and besides, there were no pots and pans anyways. On the other hand, there are many good restaurants in Vancouver. Downtown Vancouver is easy to walk and navigate.
There are 3 elevators and waiting for an elevator was never an issue. There is a mid size indoor pool with Jacuzzi. There is also a sauna and steam room. The sauna was not warm enough, however the steam room was plenty hot. It was nice to have an indoor pool, while it was cold outside. There were no towels in the pool area. You have to bring your towels from your room. There is a tiny work out area that consists of 2 old treadmills, 2 stair climbers and a recline bike.
When we checked in around 4 PM, the cushion covers in the living room sofa was missing. After I called twice and returning to the room after 7:30 PM from dinner, the covers were put back on. I suppose who ever had the room before thrashed the covers and it needed to be cleaned. The remote for the living room TV was also missing. I called and the lady who checked us into the room came up right away and gave us a replacement. Most of the staff was friendly.
Midweek cleaning was offered. Halfway through our stay, the toilet handle broke. I called around 3 PM and the maintenance person came around 5 PM to fix it.
Wifi is available through TELUS for $25 a week. TELUS is a Canadian telecommunication company. You sign up and make the payment online. There is also a free internet computer in the Aviawest office if you just want to check your emails. Free DVD rentals and daily newspapers are available in the Aviawest office as well as tour information. No owner’s activities were offered.
Vancouver is a wonderful destination with many activities available. Aviawest was a nice home base for exploring the area. Not quite Hilton or Marriot quality, but definitely gold crown RCI.
On a side note, the light rail connecting Vancouver Airport and downtown Vancouver is almost up and running. Supposedly the ride will take 25 to 30 minutes. Traffic is horrible in Vancouver, so this will help.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the entertainment and sports district, the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel offers you comfort and relaxation, with water and mountain views, in a perfect central location. We are a very short walking distance to Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Westside Church, and historic Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown.Discover fabulous shops and cafes along the way. Choose from our array of one and two bedroom suites with 2 doubles, queen-size and/or king-size beds. Every suite offers the comforts of home with fully equipped galley kitchens for people who love to have that convenience. Need to stay connected? You can access WiFi throughout the hotel. Need to relax? Enjoy our indoor lap pool and whirlpool or find a touch of nature in our second floor garden terrace. Fitness on your mind? The poolside lobby fitness area has treadmills and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rosedale on Robson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosedale Robson
- Rosedale On Robson Hotel Vancouver
- Rosedale On Robson Vancouver
- Rosedale Hotel Vancouver