This review after an 8-night stay should have more value than after a one-nighter or weekend.
Suite: comfortable and roomy, big wall-to-wall and floor-to-ceiling windows gave huge spacious feel when drapes pulled back. Living room with one of the two TV's in the suite was handy when the wife didn't share my interest in the NBA and Stanley Cup finals. The door to the bedroom could be closed so as not to disturb madame's viewing of her chosen channel.
Galley kitchen (kitchenette) was sufficient for our self-catering evenings-in. Huge fridge.
All staff most helpful, cheerful and courteous - from chambermaid, dining room to front desk. Services made use of included the laundry and safety deposit box.
Breakfast - continental, part of the package - basic but sufficient.
As far as we were concerned, the most significant event of our stay occurred at breakfast one morning when a lady stopped by our table and introduced herself as a director of the hotel. Not only did she show a keen personal interest in ourselves, but she was interested to hear our answers to many questions she asked us about "her" hotel and obviously placed a good deal of value on them. We were not only impressed by the fact that this extremely busy lady spent some of her precious time in making herself known to us, and paying us the respect of valuing our answers to her questions. As if the first encounter wasn't enough, later in our stay she stopped by at breakfast once more and chatted and asked more questions, keen to know if and how our opinions had altered since our previous talk. Very impressive indeed.
Onlt 3 stars given for Location, since for my 75-year-old legs the hotel is located a couple of blocks too far from the main CBD, though obviously it must be fine for the theatre and stadium.
All in all, a most satisfactory stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the entertainment and sports district, the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel offers you comfort and relaxation, with water and mountain views, in a perfect central location. We are a very short walking distance to Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Westside Church, and historic Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown.Discover fabulous shops and cafes along the way. Choose from our array of one and two bedroom suites with 2 doubles, queen-size and/or king-size beds. Every suite offers the comforts of home with fully equipped galley kitchens for people who love to have that convenience. Need to stay connected? You can access WiFi throughout the hotel. Need to relax? Enjoy our indoor lap pool and whirlpool or find a touch of nature in our second floor garden terrace. Fitness on your mind? The poolside lobby fitness area has treadmills and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Rosedale on Robson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosedale Robson
- Rosedale On Robson Hotel Vancouver
- Rosedale On Robson Vancouver
- Rosedale Hotel Vancouver