“Comfortable Hotel and perfectly Situated for Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosedale on Robson

Rosedale on Robson
Ranked #40 of 89 Hotels in Vancouver
surrey
“Comfortable Hotel and perfectly Situated for Everything”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

My husband and I stayed here last week before and after a 5 day Alaskan cruise. We found it very central for visiting all the tourstist sites and restaurants and shops and very comfortable. Having the small well equiped galley kitchen was a bonus so that we could make coffee in the early hours, and we were very happy to return there for another night before our flight home. The staff were helpful - even finding us a room at 8.30 a.m.as one was available although the official time is 3p.m. We ate our breakfasts in Rosie's restaurant connected to the hotel but enjoyed exploring the many restaurants in theYaletown area close by. Try the new Skytrain, installed for the Winter Olympics, from the airport to central Vancouver. Cheap and very efficient.

Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SurreyCherry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Plymouth, Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed for 7 nights, 7th floor, excellent facilities, room serviced daily to high standard, excellent location for this 'walking city'. Pool, sauna, jacuzzi all functioned and were very clean, not a complaint or criticism worth talking about, the coffee machine failed on one occasion, it was immediately replaced together with extra supplies of the very tasty beverage.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bullsblood
Wilmington, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2010

We just had a short stayover in Vancouver, and wanted to see the sites..so Rosedale fit that description....we weren't looking for luxury or service...
Small rooms, clean and neat..that's all you can say...easy walk to Yaletown, catch the ferries to Granville...or do the sites...

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
Nanaimo, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2010

I'm not really fussy about hotels and have stayed in several which have not had great reviews and been ok with them but this one was so bad I had to write something.
I stayed here with friends for the BMO marathon. One of our group had stayed before and warned against it but we had friends in another suite so we stayed here to be with them.
We paid for a room with breakfast but discovered breakfast started too late for us. When we politely pointed this out and asked if there was anything they could do for us instead, we were met with blank stares and a shrug of the shoulders.
We called up to our friend's suite 8 floors directly above us and received a $1.25 + tax charge because their suite was a timeshare and was not part of the hotel. We had no warning of this when we went through the operator however and the staff would not remove the charge even as a gesture of good will.
Our room was dark and was not helped out by the dark and dated furniture. There was visible dust everywhere. The bathroom even had hair in the corners and stains on the walls near the toilet - yuck!
There were 3 of us in our room, for which we were charged an extra $25 but we had only enough towels and cups for 2. I even had to call down for a blanket for the sofa bed because we only had one, which was almost as thin as a sheet.
The sofa bed itself was so old and worn that I could feel the frame through the thin mattress. I'm under 130 lbs so it couldn't be my weight.
When we left, one of the elevators was out of service and we ended up walking down five floors with our luggage.
Our night here was over $300. If you're going to spend that much to stay in Vancouver, don't spend it here!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank runningm0m
Victoria BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

I am not a picky person, I very rarely complain, but I feel that I was completely shafted by this hotel! I have stayed at many hotels with a so/so rating, and some with amazing ratings. This one, for over $200/night I was shocked!!! On the hotels actual website, they show pictures of fancy bedding, nice floors, comfortable beds etc, but what I got was completely the opposite. It was old furniture, old beds, hard as rock mattresses, terrible lighting. So, I called and asked if we could move to a different room. The person I spoke to was extremely rude saying there was nothing he could do for me and the rooms that are advertised on their website are on floors 20 and up! I was shocked that he wouldn't even take the time and say, "Let me see what I can do and I'll call you back..." It was an absolute "NO, Nothing I can do about it" attitude which blew me away. I will be taking my $200/night and spending it at the Sheraton Wall Centre where we are treated with respect! Oh...and they charge you for internet!!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank ilovemauibigtime
B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2010

Choose this hotel because of its location, hockey ticket packages and a recommendation from family. Staff was friendly and the Rosedale has a great central location. Would stay again in a heart beat! One thing about ordering to your room though is make sure you read the fine print - they add a 15% gratuity on to the price of the food so make sure you don't tip unless you want them to have more then 15%.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Kelowna, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2010

I recently stayed at the Rosedale for a week with my wife and 2 kids, and we had a great time. Although the room was on the small side, it was well laid out and everything had it's place. We had a 1-bedroom suite, which was convenient for serving breakfast, and light refreshments at night. Great location, with easy access to shopping, restaraunts, and within walking distance to great attractions. Definately recommend it to all.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business