My first impression up seeing our room...I wish I'd booked through airbnb or vrbo. I was looking for a somewhat larger space (with a separate sleeping area from the main room) and Rosedale on Robson seemed to fit the bill at a reasonable price. However, upon seeing my dark, dingy room filled with old furniture and a sagging mattress, I wish I'd booked a condo rental instead. It's particularly disappointing because given the location of the hotel and its generally "good bones", it seems even a small investment to spiff up the hotel could make a huge difference.
+ Location: a few blocks from the Skytrain, about a 5-10 minute walk to Yaletown water front and in the midst of downtown. Very convenient.
+ Reasonable rates (about $130 a night, not including taxes)
+ Large rooms with kitchenettes and ample fridges
- Dated, dingy rooms: Looks like the hotel hasn't been remodeled for 15-20 years. Furniture is dated and chipped and randomly placed (mismatched furniture suggests it wasn't designed for this space). A traveling companion described the "atmosphere" as "depressing single occupancy hotel". It was hard to relax in the room and we found ourselves wandering around and hanging out at coffee shops instead.
- No wifi (let's just say the hotel guide still has instructions on how to use dial up internet service...enough said).
- Lack of light: Perhaps a room on a higher floor have better light, but our suite only had 1 window (in the bedroom) which didn't let in much light. The living room area was perpetually gloomy and dark, even with all the lights on.
- Dingy: There were weird stains on the door between the living and bedroom area and our bedspread was pretty dusty, otherwise clean given the age of the hotel.
- Uncomfortable mattress: Mattress was pretty uncomfortable (saggy and could feel the springs); sofa bed was even worse.
- Lack of blankets: Even though it was the middle of winter (Feb) the only blanket in our room was 1 thin cotton coverlet, which left us freezing. We asked for another blanket the next night and received a second thin coverlet (not ideal, but at least bearable).
- Lack of security: The garage is open for general public parking and the garage elevators go straight up to hotel room levels, without keycard security anywhere.
Having rented holiday apartments in nearby Yaletown in the past and having seen what you can get for about $125-150 per night (a well-furnished, full-size apartment), I would recommend going that route versus the Rosedale...I certainly wish I had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the entertainment and sports district, the Rosedale on Robson Suite Hotel offers you comfort and relaxation, with water and mountain views, in a perfect central location. We are a very short walking distance to Rogers Arena, BC Place, the Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Westside Church, and historic Yaletown, Gastown, Chinatown.Discover fabulous shops and cafes along the way. Choose from our array of one and two bedroom suites with 2 doubles, queen-size and/or king-size beds. Every suite offers the comforts of home with fully equipped galley kitchens for people who love to have that convenience. Need to stay connected? You can access WiFi throughout the hotel. Need to relax? Enjoy our indoor lap pool and whirlpool or find a touch of nature in our second floor garden terrace. Fitness on your mind? The poolside lobby fitness area has treadmills and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rosedale on Robson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosedale Robson
- Rosedale On Robson Hotel Vancouver
- Rosedale On Robson Vancouver
- Rosedale Hotel Vancouver