We stayed in the Kingston Hotel while visiting Vancouver. First off, the location is great. If you're coming from the airport on Skytrain, it's just a short few-block walk to the hotel--great for the weary traveler. It's in a safe area close to Robson street, the major downtown shopping street, and is an easy walk to the water, Stanley Park, Denman street, the art gallery, and other Vancouver downtown attractions.
I remember the staff being very helpful and explaining the various room options when I made my reservation. The room we had was small but clean and had lots of storage, a desk, and a private sink. We didn't have a private bathroom but the shared one was right across the hall and felt very clean. They also provided a set of disposable shower shoes for us to wear, which was a nice touch.
The breakfast is simple (toast or bagel; butter, cream cheese, or jam; orange juice, coffee, tea, or hot chocolate) but was a nice way to start the day. the breakfast room isn't big, so there could be a bit of a bottleneck during the later morning hours (especially since the hotel staff take orders and man the toasters themselves).
The staff was very friendly, but not the most helpful with respect to restaurant recommendations. There are so many food options in the vicinity of the hotel (Robson street is just packed with options, not to mention the other side streets) that we did our research on the internet before heading out to find a bite to eat.
All in all, I would definitely recommend the Kingston Hotel for the budget traveler. You can definitely get a nicer hotel, but this one has all of the important qualities you look for: clean, quiet, comfortable, convenient, and safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kingston Hotel is a heritage building, built in 1910 and family owned and operated. Centrally located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, only half a block from the Robson Street shopping district. Vancouver City Centre Skytrain Station is 2 blocks from The Kingston. Other nearby areas include Gastown, Chinatown and Yaletown. BC Place Stadium and Rogers Arena, the Vancouver Convention Centre and Cruise ship terminal are also only a 10-15 minute walk.A 52 room, European style Bed and Breakfast hotel, The Kingston offer rooms with either a shared or private bathroom. All rooms include a continental breakfast, served every morning between 6:30 and 11:00am. Some of the amenities The Kingston offers include free WiFi, a public computer terminal with available printer, a sauna, day and overnight storage and coin-operated laundry machines.The Kingston Taphouse and Grille restaurant is located right next door. One of the most popular spots in the city, offering a large menu fit for a variety of different taste buds. Try one of the 60 available beers, or choose a wine from the extensive wine list. Four different areas are perfect for any setting. Choose from Bar, Dining Room, Wrec Room (complete with dart boards and pool table), or Garden Patio. A great place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your Kingston Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingston Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- The Kingston Hotel Vancouver