When my friend and I made an online reservation for the Kingston Hotel, we were a little skeptical because it was a lot cheaper than other downtown hotels... and we were pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was clean and well maintained. We stayed in their single room with a 3/4 size bed and shared bathroom/shower. There was a small sink in the room. The room was clean and cozy, and comes with sets of towels, shampoo, soap and other normal stuff. It even had bathrobes and slippers in the closet, a nice plus even though we didn't use them. Shared bathroom/shower in the hallway was clean when we used. There was a coin-operated laundry machine in the building, which was nice, even though we didn't use it.
The breakfast was pretty simple - choice of toast or bagel, and coffee/tea/juice. There was always a person in the dining area attending guests, and he made us fresh pot of tea and toasted bagels to order.
The building doesn't have an AC in the room so the room can get stuffy. We kept the windows open during the night (our room was on the 3rd floor). The hotel is in a very central location near busy streets, so the noise can be an issue for some people, but we slept through the night without issue. However the construction that was going on in the open lot next to the building (and the window was facing the lot) at the time we stayed woke us up early.
The wi-fi didn't work in the room, but it was fine in the lobby and dining room.
Overall, this was a charming place with friendly staff, and we were satisfied with our stay. Excellent value for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kingston Hotel is a heritage building, built in 1910 and family owned and operated. Centrally located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, only half a block from the Robson Street shopping district. Vancouver City Centre Skytrain Station is 2 blocks from The Kingston. Other nearby areas include Gastown, Chinatown and Yaletown. BC Place Stadium and Rogers Arena, the Vancouver Convention Centre and Cruise ship terminal are also only a 10-15 minute walk.A 52 room, European style Bed and Breakfast hotel, The Kingston offer rooms with either a shared or private bathroom. All rooms include a continental breakfast, served every morning between 6:30 and 11:00am. Some of the amenities The Kingston offers include free WiFi, a public computer terminal with available printer, a sauna, day and overnight storage and coin-operated laundry machines.The Kingston Taphouse and Grille restaurant is located right next door. One of the most popular spots in the city, offering a large menu fit for a variety of different taste buds. Try one of the 60 available beers, or choose a wine from the extensive wine list. Four different areas are perfect for any setting. Choose from Bar, Dining Room, Wrec Room (complete with dart boards and pool table), or Garden Patio. A great place to unwind after a long day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Kingston Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kingston Hotel Bed And Breakfast
- The Kingston Hotel Vancouver