“Top B&B in BC”

Ranked #1 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Top B&B in BC”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We selected the West End Guest House to stay in Vancouver for our 40th Wedding Anniversary.
The welcome and services we received made it worth the trip alone. Extremely well run and cultured environment from top to bottom. Even the other guests, lots of whom were repeat customers, were a welcome addition to the experience. Evan was miles beyond the extra mile of consideration and assistance.

Room Tip: Reserve a spot early. You will not be able to book a better value in all of BC for location, superb...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank j_e_mcquillan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Korean first
Newcastle
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

We booked West End because of its location and mainly due to the mass of excellent reviews. We were not disappointed. From the minute we arrived we felt at home. Immaculate decor, comfortable bed, spotless bathroom and delicious breakfasts. And, thank you for looking after our excess baggage while we flew to Vancouver Island. Nothing was too much trouble.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

As I travel more and more to B&B's I do find its the little touches that now provide the 5star service.... In this case it wasnt the room, abundance of home cooked high fat sugar scrumptious home cooked delights it was the Free sherry and free soda for the hangover,,,,, this is a great B&B with good sized rooms and great breakfasts, knowledgeable homely hosts and friendly ..... It's number one for a reason,,,,, 400 plus people don't lie... Go and check in :). Breakfasts are a blast Depending on who is also checked in......

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We had such a great time here a couple of years ago, so no hesitation in stopping here at the end of our 2013 Canada trip. Evan and Ron run a wonderful B and B, and the location is perfect. Just off Robson, its minutes either way to Stanley Park or Downtown. Its just great to park the car here and explore on foot or by the transit.
Rooms are spotless and are well equipped with luxury fittings. Breakfasts are gourmet, and always a pleasure to sit and chat with guests from around the world. A well stocked parlour is available for complimentary drinks, and watch out for the tray of freshly baked goodies at the bottom of the stairs in the evening.
Ron and Evan are marvelous hosts, eager to help with queries and to promote their city. No trip to Vancouver for us, is ever complete without stopping at the West End.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Temptus1
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I spent two nights in late July at this gem. As a single female traveler, it was important to me to be in a place where I could feel at home and safe. From my first email from Evan, I knew the personal service would be top notch. He patiently and quickly answered any of my logistical concerns. I stayed in the cozy double which was perfect for me. Yes, it is tiny but works. I was a bit concerned when I realized there was only a ceiling fan; after all I am from Atlanta, GA, but even with the windows slightly opened, there was a nice cross breeze & I actually got cool at night. The sundeck is off the bedroom, just close the blinds for privacy. It was a great location to have a snack, study the map & meet Boots. I love the neighborhood; it was an easy walk to English Bay for the fireworks (& Evan told me exactly how to get there) or to the waterfront. So many great little spots for a meal but the Guest House breakfasts were so wonderful that I wasn't even hungry till midafternoon! And where else can you have breakfast with folks from France, Luxembourg and the good old USA. The West End Guest House was a memorable stop and I will be back if at all possible.

Room Tip: The West End Guest House has wonderful pics of the rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank tennisalleycat
La Grange Park, Illinois
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The West End Guest House was charming. Our standard queen room was a little small (no closet) but well-appointed with a clever "mantel closet" hanging space. The bed was comfortable and the linens were high-end. Breakfast was delicious every morning. We enjoyed the back porch - and the cat. The location was perfect. We were in a delightful residential neighborhood but able to walk to wonderful restaurants and shops. The on-off trolley stopped nearby. Evan and Ron were welcoming and helpful. Highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My wife booked room # 2 in February with a woman who answered the phone. This was after her friend had booked a room for three nights in July (12, 13, 14). Her friend said my wife would call her with our credit card info and she immediately called. The woman reserved the room from July 11 thru July 13 (wrong). When we arrived the owner said he expected us the night before based on the booking. We didn't have to pay for the room that was booked on the 11th, but we were being sent to another hotel for our last night. As it turned out, we were able to have a smaller room at the B & B for the last night. The room was small and cramped, designed for one person. Our original room that we paid well over $250.00 had a problem with the lock, you had to play with the key to make it work. We were unable to use the outside porch because there was an abundance of cat hair on the cushions. Very disappointed. On the positive side, the food was very good and the owner was helpful in providing us with a take out breakfast for our trip to Victory Island because we had to leave before breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank JoeD8
Evan55, Owner at West End Guest House, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
I can see that you would be disappointed. I was too because we never want our guests to not enjoy their stay. In this case I think the problem would have been nipped in the bud if our guests had read their confirmation email. (There were two couples traveling together and it was confusing on our end because they were to have disembarked from the same ship but made reservations for different days.) As always we try to be as professional as possible with the ultimate goal of our guests leaving with a smile on their faces. Despite the comments of the review I believe they were happy when I assisted them with their luggage to their taxi at check out. My apologies for the cat hair - we haven't managed to train her and obviously need to tidy the cat hairs from where humans sit on a more regular basis.