“Such a fun location!”

Granville Island Hotel
Ranked #22 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We headed down to Vancouver for a quick stay (2 nights) and LOVED this adorable little hotel. The size was charming, the service was excellent, and the location was unreal - so many things to do and see! The Dockside Restaurant won an award for the best patio in vancouver, mighty impressive Dockside, mighty impressive. With it's own micro brewery and delicious menu it was a perfect night. Be sure to hop on the aqua bus to Yaletown and share a drink with the Real Housewives :) The restaurants around the hotel were great, Sandbar came highly recommended and lived up to the expectation.
Overall we would gladly stay at this hotel again, its not too fussy vibe suited us perfectly. The only downside was the gym sucked...in fact the work out equipment was right beside the hot tub...hot yoga anyone? Other than that it was just great!!

Room Tip: get a view room and take advantage of being right on the water!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 1 May 2012

Spent another week at the Granville Island Hotel and had an incredible experience as always. The staff is amazing, the food is great, and the atmosphere is breathtaking. Won't stay anywhere else when I'm in Vancouver!

Reviewed 1 May 2012

We have been staying at the Granville Island Hotel for many years now and it is our 'home away from home' in Vancouver. The setting is unbeatable and the staff have always been super friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and the standards very high. The patio has to be one of the best in Vancouver. We look forward to many more years staying at the hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2012

While the hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable and it is in a good location I would not recommend the hotel for the following reasons:

1. The shower is terrible. There is no water pressure and it is a hand held shower. In addition, the shower curtain does not wrap all the way around, and the shade on the window does not cover the entire window so people can see in from the outside. Not impressed with that feature.

2. Room service was poor, or should I say non existent. I ordered food using their pre-order breakfast form that gets left on the door. It was a very simple order- toast, oatmeal and a glass of milk. When it didnt arrive by 15 minutes after the 15 minute time frame it was supposed to be delivered in, I phoned room service to find out when it would be arriving since I had to go to a meeting. I was then informed that they did not have my order, which I found strange since the order form was gone from my door (I checked this first- before phoning). They checked to see what I had ordered and could not find it. They did apologize but by this time there was no time for them to bring an order to me, so I went to the front desk on my way to my meeting to lodge a complaint. The person at the front desk had my order sheet in front of them and said there had been a problem with the caterer. There was no apology, and there had been no phone call to let me know what had happened. In fact, nothing was done about this.

3. Lack of parking- When I arrived there was little to no parking and the parking stalls all were one ways with no room to turn around which made it difficult to turn when no parking spots were available.

Overall, for $150+ per night I was not impressed.

3  Thank anna a
gihotel, Director of Sales at Granville Island Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Good Afternoon Anna,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your hotel experience. Your comments both positive and negative are very important to improving the guest and overall hotel experience.

I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your hotel stay.

I have spoken with maintenance regarding the water pressure of the shower in your room. They will be working on this issue to make sure that other guests do not have the same experience. I am also looking into the design of the blinds and the shower curtain. It is with feedback that we realize the short coming of rooms and are able to improve the rooms overall quality.

My deepest apologies regarding your room service mix up. I have spoken to the restaurant and desk staff to find out what happened to your order. Unfortunately do to an error on our part your room service request form was not properly submitted. As it was very early in the morning we were unable to contact with to report this error. I do apologies as this was not properly handled.

With busy days on Granville Island parking is sometimes a challenge. The front desk will always find a parking spot for our guests, so please feel free to come see us ,if you are finding trouble parking. We also have valet parking on the weekends which is complimentary to hotel guests to help alleviate congestion.

While, I know I cannot change your previous hotel experience, we do hope that you will visit us again so we can show you the true Granville Island Experience.

Christine Louden
Sales and Marketing Manager

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I had a wonderful stay at Granville Island Hotel.
The staff were tremendously friendly and very helpful.
I also had numerous opportunities to eat in the hotel restaurant and enjoyed every meal. Their wait staff are incredibly attentive and welcoming completing the entire experience.
I would definitely book there again.

Reviewed 25 April 2012

Perfect location close to everything yet private at the same time, friendly and highly professional staff with a family feeling, cosy and clean rooms with first class beds, tasty breakfast with excellent variety - just a fantastic home in Vancouver! We stayed for the third time and it keeps exiting us to enjoy this great city from a wonderful base at the Granville Island Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Location: fantastic. Granville Island is a delight all by itself, and it's easy to get from the hotel to many local sights.

Rooms: well-equipped, clean, with comfortable beds and great views. My room was distinctly on the small side, but not uncomfortably so.

Ambiance: corporate. Granville Island is so charming I'd been hoping for something a bit quirkier, but they execute their look well.

Facilities: mixed. Forget their overpriced restaurant and eat at the bar, which serves beer brewed right at the hotel and a variety of tasty small plates. (If weather permits, be sure to eat outside - their patio is truly fantastic, with outdoor fireplaces and a direct view of the water.) The gym is tiny but has a hot tub.

Staff: polite, efficient, and prompt.

Value: excellent. You get a lot for your money.

Overall: highly recommended. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: It's worth springing for a room with a balcony; the extra fee is minimal and drinking your morni...
1  Thank kleenestar