We booked two nights, having found Rosellen Suites online and chosen it for its proximity to Stanley Park. It was even closer than it looked on the maps, go out the front door and turn left and it was at the end of the block.
When we got there we were warmly greeted by Ken, who proceeded to tell us everything we needed to know about the area and located everything on a map we got to take with us. We were given an upgrade to a two bedroom suite without even asking. The suite itself delighted, having a full kitchen (very well equipped), a foyer, two desks, a dining alcove, a master bedroom with walk-in closet. There was a basket with goodies, including popcorn for the microwave. Not that we needed this, but there were two TV's. The thing we liked least, but which was very doable, was the small space in the bathroom for storing one's own toiletries. On the other hand, they are totally generous with towels, providing way more than we ended up needing.
I was training for a fundraising event early in the fall, so the walkable location was a major highlight for me. I got to circumnavigate the Park, then walk downtown, a distance of a little over a mile. I returned to the Park many times and logged all the miles I needed in beautiful surroundings. Check out the Rhododendron Gardens, lovely to walk through and close to the Rosellen.
The hotel is located in a very quiet residential area, but only two blocks from the local restaurant and shopping scene, which has every different kind of cuisine one could want. This hotel is more like a European pension, given that there is no restaurant or room service. We loved the quiet and the approach to the hotel, which includes peaceful sounds of a fountain in the outdoor front court.
Once, when we were leaving for the Park, another manager came outside after us to give us coupons for the Aquarium. That is the general level of attentiveness we experienced.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a very quiet residential neighborhood just steps from Stanley Park, Rosellen offers that largest suites in Vancouver that can accommodate from 1 - 8 guests. Each suite features a full kitchen, separate bedrooms and bathrooms, dining area and living room providing plenty of space for everyone to spread out. The staff provides personal friendly service. The hotel is in walking distance to many different types of restaurants, shops, and major Vancouver attractions including English Bay and Vancouver Aquarium. The hotel provides complimentary high speed wireless internet access, local and toll-free calls, passes to the local fitness center and pool, coffee, tea, and popcorn with two premium high definition movie channels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Rosellen Suites At Stanley Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rosellen Suites At Stanley Park Hotel Vancouver
- Rosellen Hotel Vancouver
- Rosellen Hotel At Stanley Park