“Great little persoanl boutique b&b” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Barclay House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 50 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Cork, Ireland
“Great little persoanl boutique b&b”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2008

Ok so this place is a little pricey for a B&B, but if u're tired of staying at large 'brand' hotels and want to try something a little different the this is a great option. my family and i took 3 rooms over a few nights. I think the forest room is the best of the 3 we stayed in. The service is very personal, which may, or may not be a plus depending on personal preference. Its an easy 5 minute walk to downtown. Located in a leafy suburb you do occasionally get noise from the local houses nearby but nothing too major. Breakfast was very different but good. I'm picky with foodand they were happy to try and find and alternative for me on a few occasios. Overall an excellent stay and definately worth it if you want to escape those big hotel chains you always end up staying at becasue you dont know any better! 5 stars!

Stayed May 2008
1 Thank surfer_downunder

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2008

We stayed in the Peak room for two nights and had a great time.

We were greeted by JJ with a glass of perfectly chilled champagne and personal recommendations for our time in Vancouver.

The room was well furnished, equipped and decorated beautifully. There were lovely touches such as home baked cookies in our room.

The breakfast was gorgeous and interesting.

Everyone was so helpful and we really enjoyed our stay.

• Liked — JJ's attention to detail
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Stevienorm
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

My wife and I spent 6 nights in the Garden suite. Everyting about the Barclay House suited our needs. It is clean and attractive. The staff are friendly and very accomodating. Our suite was comfortable - fresh cookies everyday. Great breakfasts. The location was perfect for us as we like walking; a short walk to downtown, Stanley park, to the Granville Island water taxis, and lots of restaurants. If you meet Dennis and you like musicals, you just might be lucky enought to get a song.

• Liked — Ambience, location
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Barclay House for the first 2 nights of our honeymoon. The owners of the Barclay House, J.J. and Rebecca, could not be any more accomodating. They directly attend to your needs from booking to departure. They actively manage the day-to-day operation of the B&B and the attention to detail shows in every part of your stay.

The rooms in the Barclay House are spacious, very well furnished, and each an individual feel that is quaint and tastefully decorated. The beds are excellent. Breakfast was terrific.

The location of the Barclay House is terrific for sightseeing around Vancouver. We literally walked everywhere that we wanted to go from the house.

We will definitely stay there again when we return to Vancouver.

• Liked — The staff and the house
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BenSessions
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2008

One of the best bed and breakfasts we have ever stayed in. The attention to detail was outstanding. The rooms are beautifully furnished and the breakfasts are excellent. We would recommend the hotel to anyone. Enjoy your stay!

Stayed April 2008
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2008

My partner gave me a surprise trip to Vancouver, Canada for my weeklong 40th Birthday celebration. We checked in at the Barclay House B&B the first few days and I wished we stayed there the whole week for my birthday. (We went to Tofino and Whistlers after) The place and its location were just GREAT! We stayed in the basement Suite and it was fantastic. The room, service and food were just amazing. But most of all, the Owner, Manager and Staff were just the nicest, most pleasant people. Just knowing them was such a pleasure already. They were so friendly but very professional. They made my birthday so special! My heartfelt thanks to all of them, Rebecca, JJ, Mette, Art and the rest of the staff. Staying at the Barclay House will always make the occasion a very special one. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend this place. I would DEFINITELY come back!

Stayed June 2007
Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2008

I know I should have done this sooner. In October my wife and I had the great fortune of staying at Barclay House in Vancouver. From the moment we walked in it was abundantly clear that a great deal of attention had been paid to detail. Barclay House is a wonderful old house that has been renovated under the watchful eye of the manager, J.J. who incidentally personifies the positive energy and hospitality of the place.
Barclay House is situated within walking distance of English Bay and numerous other attractions. Frankly it was difficult to pull ourselves away from the house though. With its spacious verandah and grand parlour we just wanted to sit, read, and soak in the warm atmosphere of our lodgings.
While there we stayed in the Peak Room. At the top of the house it simply is a wonderful place to wake from a night's sleep. The room is large and with its skylights and windows it is bathed in natural light.
In the morning we were treated to a sumptuous breakfast. I don't know where they attracted their cook from but I hope they hang on to him. I'm a breakfast person though!
The staff is engaging and very knowledgeable without being fawning. They made our stay delightful.
Barclay House is a gem. I would love to keep it a secret but that wouldn't be fair.
We would return in a heartbeat!

• Liked — ambiance & food
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled as a couple