“Don't miss this gem!”

Ranked #2 of 54 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't miss this gem!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Barclay house for four nights and found it to be superb, from the beautifully clean rooms, to the delicious breakfasts served in the first floor dining area. Everything is tastefully appointed to create a feeling of relaxed elegance. Dennis is one of the owners. He is knowledgeable, friendly and the ultimate gracious host. The location can't be beat. It's walking distance to many of the Vancouver attractions yet it is on a quiet street just blocks away from all the action on Robson Street. Oh and did I mention warm chocolate chip cookies? These would be in our room when we would come home from a long day of sight seeing. Barclay House is a 5 star gem in Vancouver. Don't miss this property.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Garden Suite which had a separate sitting area along with a wet bar with fridge.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed the Barclay House for 2 nights. Lovely house very conveniently located within an easy walk of all the downtown attractions and some excellent local restaurants. Just ask Dennis, he is the very knowledgeable staff for recommendations and advice. Delicious breakfasts. I highly recommend staying at Barclay House for your next trip B&B!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Victoria
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We are from Victoria and found this little gem on booking.com for $90 a night in heart of downtown vancouver couldn't have found a better rate for the value. Friendly service, good breakfast, walking distance to downtown highlights, free parking and wi-fi. Best value I have seen - we encourage Canadians to check it out..... built in 1904 this great old house is all charm.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LovetheSunVictoria
Val-des-Monts, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed at the Barclay House for six days while visiting my son in Vancouver. The house is completely renovated with new bathrooms in all the rooms. The rooms are spacious and so impeccably clean. I stayed in the Forest Room and could not ask for a more comfortable bed. Every morning delicious and healthy breakfasts were served. Dennis and his staff were wonderful to me and welcomed my son for breakfast. The Barclay is close to shopping on Robson and close to the sea wall where I enjoyed many long walks. My six days at the Barclay were a wonderful experience and I cannot wait to go back on my next visit. The Barclay was truly my home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Barclay house was a fantastic experience. Dennis was very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean, orderly and had a very homely feel to it. The breakfast was complete and delicious. The location was perfect as we were talking to and from downtown Vancouver. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Pitt Meadows, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Wow! This was the first time my husband and I stayed at a bed and breakfast and it was beyond my expectations. I was very reluctant when my husband surprised me with a bed and breakfast but was so excited upon arriving. We were respected with privacy, keys to the house, fresh delicious breakfasts..., the decor was beautiful, the view from the suit we stayed in was beautiful, the down town location was perfect for walking to fine dining and shopping. Dennis and his staff were very welcoming and all staff was aware of our anniversary and gave best wishes. We live on the outskirts of Vancouver and after our stay I plan on making this a summer get away as well. The beginning of soon to be regular visits. I have posted pictures of our stay on my facebook and have numerous responses asking where this beautiful place is.. Thank you so much Dennis and staff for a memorable experience.

Room Tip: We stayed at the peak....just as it's called...the peak...the quaint attic. Has A/C for the su...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Diane I
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for three nights in late December as part of a month long trip in BC.

The house is fastidiously maintained and is a full credit to Dennis and his staff. Breakfasts were always fresh and filling with quality local advice from Dennis as to the best way to spend your days and nights! He is a bit of a foodie so if you're after a good restaurant he'll steer you in the right direction.

The house is close to everything so we just walked everywhere, and we were lucky enough to have a nice dumping of fresh snow on our first night which was glorious to wake up to!

I couldn't recommend this house enough to anyone stopping by in Vancouver, you won't be disappointed.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple