“Memorable Experience”
Review of Manor Guest House

Manor Guest House
Ranked #34 of 56 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband and I had our first visit to Vancouver and stayed at the Manor Guest House. It was a lovely experience! The manager was very friendly and professional, the accommodations were first class and we enjoyed the breakfast, treatment and the Vancouver experience completely.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Travel frequently and decided to go against the grain and instead of the somewhat impersonal hotel I usually stay at I chose a B&B.

If the Manor Guest House is any indication of what B&B's are like overall, then I am sold on them for life.

It had the comforts of "home" yet also offered me the quiet, personal time I needed to get things done.

The Manor is nestled in this little hamlet of tree lined avenues surrounded by busier streets that offer everything one could think as well as the downtown core being just minutes away.

The Manor staff was friendly, yet not too personal allowing me the anonymity I prefer, or maybe I'm just use to by staying at hotels.

The breakfast was fantastic. Multiple choices that are thoughtfully prepared with health the focus and priority. Being lactose intolerant, the kitchen staff was quick to offer a milk substitute and to inform me of the ingredients in each home-made dish.

Had some good weather while visiting Vancouver and had the opportunity to sit in one of the many gardens the Manor offers with comfortable deck chairs strategically placed to maximize on the sunshine. The gardens are on an upper level from the street offering a quiet, relaxed atmosphere nestled amongst a rainbow of assorted beautiful flowers.

The manager was friendly, informative and funny without being routine. You can tell he loves his job and the rest of the staff greeted you with genuine smiles everyday.

I would not hesitate to return to the Manor, and from now on will choose a B&B over a hotel when traveling. Thanks again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Shake2
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This is my second trip taking my students and some children to Vancouver and our second stay at Manor Guest House. Honestly, this is a great place to stay and many friends in Taiwan are planning to book with them after our recent trip, which I posted on FB.

I feel this is a really beautiful garden B&B that is family/children friendly. We not only had a great time in Vancouver (3 week stay) because of it's convenient walking distance to Canada Line (subway), but also because of the many friends we made there.

As many people mentioned the breakfasts were amazing. During our 3 week stay, we had five star breakfasts that never disappointed and never repeated. It was also during these breakfasts that we met many of the other people staying there and the friendly staff. I feel people were just so friendly not matter where they came from because of the delicious breakfast and the great surroundings (big, interesting garden).

Besides being convenient, the neighborhood felt really safe to our group. As our main form of transportation is walking, this was very important.

We tried another place during our last trip two years ago, but we couldn't wait to get back to Manor Guest House this year. At the end of the day, it is the place that we called "home". Many of our students even cried when we were leaving.

It is not the newest option available, but it is the place where we felt really welcomed and a sense of family. This is the most important thing I feel I want my family and students to experience in Canada. I wouldn't change this for anything.

Jackson Wu
Director of Education

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My husband and I recently had a wonderful stay at The Manor. We live in Vancouver but had given our home to visiting relatives. So we decided to take a holiday in our own city and chose to stay at a B&B that had been recommended to us.
David, the manager, as well as Brenda, the owner, warmly welcomed us. After unpacking we had time to sit out in the lovely back garden, where we enjoyed some leaf-filtered sunshine and bird song. That night we slept soundly with the windows open (no screens but few bugs anyhow). The mattress was superb. Breakfast made by David was delicious from the juice and coffee through the omelette and muffins. What a great 2 days of 'vacationing at home'.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandy b
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Manor guest house for 9 nights from Aug 29 to Sep 7. The location of the guest house is quite good, being well connected to bus and train services. Quiet, excellent neighbourhood with access to restaurants and super marts.

Brenda, personally met us on the afternoon we had arrived and David, the Operations Manager, was most helpful and ensured that we had a comfortable stay. He attended to our requests and gave us very useful guidance on places to visit. He even managed a last minute request for us. We didn't really have too much time for sight seeing as we had gone to settle our daughter at UBC. Still, it was very useful.

The staff were very caring and helpful and pleasant. It was nice to see their smiling faces in the morning. The breakfast was good to get you started for the day.

Overall, full marks for attitude and helpfulness.

The main wing is better than the adjoining wing which needs some renovation though - been told that a renovation is in the works. On the other hand, the adjoining wing is quieter, independent and more suitable for long stays.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2013

A lovely B&B in a 100 yr old house on a quiet street in bustling Vancouver. It's obvious that the house is old as the wooden floors creek, there is no air conditioning and the bathrooms are very small (smaller than what we had once in Paris, France). The house also has a musty smell to it. The gardens were a little overgrown, but full and green. Unfortunately, we were not able to sit outside much as it was wet most of the time due to rain. That being said, the breakfasts completely make up for any faults the B&B had; and I looked for them. A variety of omelettes, fresh cut fruit, homemade muffins, croissants, and some kind of bread or cake. Stash brand tea and plentiful coffee. We ate ourselves silly every morning. The bed we were on was custom made in Vancouver and was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on. All of the rooms were spotless, no dust or mildew or mold on any of the surfaces, even in the bathroom. We had some mosquitos because we needed to leave the window open to get some air, but oddly, they didn't bite and kept away from us. I would absolutely stay here again, but would ask that the breakfasts begin at 7:30 or 8am as sometimes 8:30 is a little late, especially if you're needing to leave at 9am for a tour or flight. Oh, they played wonderful music in the dining room during breakfast; jazz, opera, classical.

Room Tip: We stayed in Rm. 1 and it was very nice but hot in the afternoon. We had to leave the hallway door o...