“Great place to stay with an excellent breakfast too”
Review of Nelson House B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vancouver
Nelson House B & B
Ranked #10 of 53 Vancouver B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

What a great place to stay. From the moment we arrived the hosts made our stay very welcome. The room was on the main floor and was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was more than we could have asked for. (Eggs and sausage one day, French toast the next). The weather was very rainy for a couple days and there are umbrellas to use at the front door.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thanks so much! We still believe in putting the emphasis on classic B & B virtues - genuine local hospitality and delicious home-cooking & baking. You and other Nelson House guests really do seem to appreciate it. All the best, David

There are newer reviews for Nelson House B & B

Reviewed 26 March 2014

My husband and I were there for a few days in March. The facilities were clean as a whistle, the ambiance was perfect, the breakfasts were outstanding, the hosts Michael and David couldn't have been nicer.

What more can I say? Oh, yes. I forget to mention, location, location, location! You don't need a car but if you have one, they offer free off street parking. Just about everything is walking distance.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have private bath.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you folks. We loved having you. Please come back for Vancouver's warm summer weather;)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here 6 nights. We were in the top floor suite. It was great! Michael took great care of us. His breakfasts were AMAZING! And you have to try the lemon poppyseed bread- it's the best I've ever had. He knew a lot about the area and things to do. He kept us updated on the weather. I also met Lisa briefly and she was also very lovely. We loved the family photos on the 2nd floor of the owners and their families. The next time I visit Vancouver I will definitely stay at the Nelson House B & B.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you both again.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Found the hosts to be helpful and accommodating. The B&B is on a quiet street, but very close to a number of main streets that have anything you might need. Enjoyed the cabin room, with a soft, cozy bed and Canadiana decor, although the door to the ensuite bathroom isn't as private as a full door might be. On the other hand, the room was so quiet I had no idea there were other guests until breakfast. And the breakfast was delicious - easily the highlight of the stay.

• Stayed: March 2014

"Breakfast" is one half of our name. We are so glad that you enjoyed!
All the best until the next time, David

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in the Shangri-La suite. Our first impression was that the house had a lot of character, the person that greeted us at the door was very friendly and accommodating. They have parking (a few spots actually) a short distance up the street, we drove a truck and were able to easily park there. We got a tour of the house after checking in and were shown to our suite upstairs at the top. The suite was rather large although the kitchen roof was a little low, that being said, this is a vintage house, which was cool enough in itself to over look something like that. We will say that we really enjoyed the house, it is an old house though and won't be for everyone, but it's something we liked!

When you get there, they tell you you can use the living room downstairs, but the suite itself is furnished enough to were we didn't feel the need to. The house itself is located within walking distance to Robson Street, where there are many shops and restaurants, even a grocery store (Safeway). The majority of our stay was spent relaxing in the suite and out on the patio which is connected to the suite, relaxing was the main goal of this excursion!

As for the morning we woke up and went downstairs for breakfast at 9am, we found 2 other couples had shown up and decided to join them for breakfast. It was a good decision as it was fun to talk with the 2 other couples and the food was great. We would come back and stay again.

Room Tip: Shangri-La suite is a great choice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DNLsBNBreview
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The B&B was clean, cute and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious every morning and the company was fantastic between the guests and Michael and David, the hosts. I am already looking for the next free weekend so I can take my family.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Hollywood room and it was great. I saw the suite upstairs and that is where I'll...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CMTJ
VancouverCalling, Owner at Nelson House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thanks so much! Your taking the time to review us kindly is so important to us here at Nelson House. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best, David

Reviewed 10 October 2013

This location was great for a solo traveller without a car. I could get around the safe and vibrant streets of the West End on foot. I could probably stay for two weeks without running out of restaurants, cafes and bakeries to try. It was close enough to Stanley Park that I could head there for a morning stroll and be back in time for a delicious hot breakfast. My room was comfortable, quiet, and contained a lot of interesting decorative details. I used the shared washroom but it was always available and clean. I arrived after check-in, but my key was waiting for me, and my room was prepared with some jazz music and a fresh cookie!

Room Tip: I loved the view of the garden from the Vienna room, but it would possibly be louder in the summer f...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thanks for the great review, Kristy. We still have some neighbourhood secrets to share on your next visit!