Shaughnessy Village
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Vancouver
See available hotels
Hotel Ambassador(Vancouver)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 December 2011

I have stayed in many places in vancouver area,low budjet,medium ....This place is by far the best.very friendly front desk,nice breakfast included,sauna,jacuzi,inside outside pool,pool table,free internet at lobby,hifi...and best of all the price,thanks again

Room Tip: i left it to the front desk,they gave me 11th floor,i think it was north side,very happy
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank vaus
Reviewed 10 November 2011

my brother had to stay here because of the closeness of the Cancer Clinic. If I had another choice that wasn't going to cost 4 or 5 times what was paid here I would have moved him in a heart beat. Not only was his room infested with bed bugs but the staff didn't want to help him with the expense of his laundry nor did they help him move all his stuff. I can't even say all the nasty comments etc. that the front desk staff made.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
6  Thank GrannySharon
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Unless you are really picky and need a high end place to stay, this place is GREAT!! :)

I was there for a month, and if you are just there to sleep, wake-up, eat a free breakfast, then this place is perfect. I was there during hot weather and the pool was perfect to cool off in.

Keep in mind nothing is spectacular, but everything is practical! I even used the gym which was a hilarious gathering of what looked like collections from garage sales; but again it was practical. They even have a mini putt on the property, a nice private courtyard, and balconies in every room.

It's totally fine and extremely practical if you are in Vancouver for work, and don't plan on hanging in your room all day.

It's located in a great neighborhood and very close to downtown Vancouver and Granville Island. I recommend to anyone who doesnt need frills and just needs a place to sleep!

Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank bluebin86
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed here 3 nights. The 1st night was not great - I'm extremely sensitive to smoke and although I had a non-smoking room, probably cigarette smoke from the balcony below gave me a very bad headache during the night. However early the next day when discussing this problem with the staff, they switched us to a different room on the 1st floor which had just been renovated and nobody had slept in yet. It was great. This room was sleek and beautiful and clean. The gardens, pool and jacuzzi are clean and enjoyable. The breakfasts and rooms are small, but the cost to your pocketbook is also small. I believe we received excellent value for our money.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank WildRose155032
Reviewed 31 July 2011

Though I must say that the staff were very friendly, except for the person on duty the first nite I arrived at 1 a.m. quite exhausted after a long trip, my biggest complaint would be the smell in the room. It was overpowering. It smelled like old old dirty socks and it was impossible to get rid of it, though I kept the doors to the balconies open at all times.

The other complaint would be that the balconies were so dirty and old that it would be unhealthy to venture out there.

The building itself is lovely, but it needs a lot of work.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family