“Simply Amazing!!!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #17 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 18 August 2011

There is nothing that could have been done to make our stay better. It was AMAZING!!!

We had one of the best stays ever at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vancouver. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out, the friendliness was beyond expectation. The wonderful front desk staff on Aug. 7 was amazing and friendly. I sadly don't remember their names, but they were wonderful! Our room was spotless! I am very picky about the cleanliness in a hotel room, and this room exceeded my expectations! It was spacious, comfortable and the beds were amazing!

The breakfast was great. Try the blueberry jam. It was wonderful! It was fully stocked and the breakfast hostesses were very friendly!

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at in Vancouver. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Aliya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for very much for your positive trip advisor review! I am delighted to hear that you had one of the best stays ever at the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown Vancouver. It is especially a pleasure to hear great comments about the members of our front desk, housekeeping and breakfast team.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us soon so we can continue providing you with service that exceeds your expectations.

Aliya Bhatia

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Very nice hotel. Was iin town for literally 24 hours and I needed to find somewhere to sleep. I wish I could have stayed longer so I could have taken advantage of the amenties this hotel has. The gym and hot tub look awesome, I will definitely return, and next time with my swim suit! Great views, spacious roomm, friendly front desk staff. Complimentary breakfast is a bonus. I have many food allergies, and the breakfast staff helped me out in checking exactly what I could and could not eat. A short but great stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband, two teenage boys and myself stayed 3 nights at this Suite hotel in Vancouver. We had a king suite with a kitchen area, living room with pull-out couch for the boys and a separate bedroom with bath. The room was large and gave us the space and privacy needed from our boys. They have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere downtown but you need to book each morning in advance. They also have free bikes for their hotel guests, but again you need to book each morning in advance. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is convenient all areas downtown. My husbands only complaint was the eggs at breakfast seemed they were made from a powdered mix. My boys and I found the free breakfast buffet fine, especially the waffles. I would recommend this hotel especially for families.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Potteryacoma
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here one night, after several days in Victoria, and boarding the Rocky Mountaineer the next morning. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, both at check-in and in the morning, calling a taxi for us so as to arrive almost "on cue" when we were ready to leave. The room was very nice and on an upper floor, as I had requested. We look for Hamptons when traveling, but only chose this one because it was also convenient to the train station (of prime importance to us, because of the early morning train check-in).

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor, and they obliged (15th)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very happy with the facility. The room had a small kitchen area with a refrigerator, microwave, kitchenware, and sink. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds, chairs, large screen TV, and desk. The breakfast they provide is huge. We were expecting a continental type breakfast and were pleased to see eggs, sausage, waffles, fruit, and more. The only negatives are the charge for parking and the poor quality gym facility. The hotel is a great location for biking(they do have bikes for guests-must reserve in advance) and walking around the city.

Room Tip: If you don't like construction, ask not to be on the side of the BC Stadium.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderers127
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We were in another hotel that was awful. We got a room here and were so glad we did. I really like Hampton Inn. The rooms are always clean, the beds very comfortable. The room was bright and cheery and overlooked the stadium across the street.

Breakfast is included and they give out free newspapers. In my other hotel, I spent $70 on breakfast! We were in Vancouver for a wedding and I had rented a Chevy Suburban. There is adequate parking for oversized vehicles (i don't remember if they charged extra for parking).

The hotel is close to many sights. We also shared a cab which came directly to the hotel when called by the front desk.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed here for the weekend in March while I attended a conference. It was very convenient. I could walk to my meetings as well as to many very excellent restaurants. The free breakfast in the morning was more than adequate to help start the day. Room had refrigerator and microwave which were convenient. I opted for a room with a whirlpool tub which was very relaxing. On the frist day there, the staff brought candy to the room as a thank you. The only downside was that there was construction going on across the street (at the stadium) which was noisy. I'm not sure if this construction has stopped.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business