“Standard hotel in good location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver
Ranked #16 of 92 Hotels in Vancouver
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn for 2 main reasons: I am part of the Hilton Honors program 2. Location + Price

There is no wow about this hotel, room was pretty standard of average size, basic amenities. No mini-bar. You get a microwave, coffee/tea making facility and a small fridge which was convenient. Bathroom was small but clean with a tub/shower. Internet was free as part of the honors program which was a bonus. The bed was of queen size and comfy, room was quiet. I had view on the streets from my room which was nice.

You also get daily free breakfast, nothing fancy but the usual (toasts, bagels, waffles, eggs, sausages, bacon, fresh fruits, yogurt, coffee, tea etc) and it was enough.

The plus side was its location, it was a few mins away from the hop on/off tour bus stop, within walking distance to Chinatown and Gas town. There was also a chemist/pharmacy closely where you can get drinks and snacks. There were also a few restaurants around the area and a few coffee shops.

All in all, I think it was a good place to stay in terms of value for money.

Room Tip: Join the Hilton Honors Program, you can set your preferences on the types of room you need etc
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Vancouver for only one night, but it was a very pleasant stay. The staff were very helpful. The room was large and comfortable. We did not have breakfast, as we were having breakfast elsewhere but the area looked nice and the choices good. The entire facility was very clean.

Best of all was on the 16th floor where there is a large, extensive, well-maintained fitness area, a hot tub, an outside seating area and a LAUNDRY. Now a laundry may not be a selling point to many but when you have been on vacation for a week and have an additional week in front of you its importance soars.

There were two coin operated washers and dryers and a large folding table. It was in a good sized room with a window and access to the outside roof area. The equipment worked well and the dryers actually got the clothes dry on one run. There is also a vending machine for detergent and softener sheets.

This hotel is conveniently located downtown. We chose it as it is both convenient to downtown, but also fairly close to the train station as we were heading out on the Rocky Mountaineer the next day. It is also fairly close to the bus station, which is also across the river. The Pacific Coast cross water bus from Victoria has a drop-off point downtown that is more convenient to the hotel, however.

All in all it was a brief, pleasant and very productive stay as we left with bags full of clean, fresh clothing for the remainder of our vacation.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Niamb
Reviewed 23 August 2011

My wife and I came down to visit some friends and was told that the Hampton Inn was a great hotel to stay. Though, rates were a bit expensive, we got our monies worth. Great breakfast, hotel facilities, amenities and knowledgeable staff except for one. I can't recall her name but she had a heavy accent from Australia. She was very rude to us at check in, maybe it was her voice but it wasn't friendly at all. My wife went down to the front desk to ask for some directions but found she was not able to answer our questions efficiently and didn't make any effort to help us. Then she passed it on to another staff on duty.

Overall, the hotel is great but some of the staff isn't the greatest. Still highly recommend this hotel even though there is one bad apple, doesn't mean they are all bad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joe_Hollywood
Aliya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites, by Hilton Downtown Vancouver during your recent visit to our city. I appreciate you sharing your comments about your experience and am glad that, overall, you had a great experience.

The Hampton team takes pride in our award winning service and I regret that the one negative you experienced was a staffing issue. Please accept our sincere apologies that this level of service was not consistently experienced by your wife and yourself. We have followed up with the guest service agent to ensure that this lapse of service does not occur again.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to host you again on your next visit to Vancouver.

Aliya Bhatia
-----------

Reviewed 18 August 2011

There is nothing that could have been done to make our stay better. It was AMAZING!!!

We had one of the best stays ever at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vancouver. From the time we checked in until the time we checked out, the friendliness was beyond expectation. The wonderful front desk staff on Aug. 7 was amazing and friendly. I sadly don't remember their names, but they were wonderful! Our room was spotless! I am very picky about the cleanliness in a hotel room, and this room exceeded my expectations! It was spacious, comfortable and the beds were amazing!

The breakfast was great. Try the blueberry jam. It was wonderful! It was fully stocked and the breakfast hostesses were very friendly!

This is a wonderful hotel to stay at in Vancouver. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Aliya B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you for very much for your positive trip advisor review! I am delighted to hear that you had one of the best stays ever at the Hampton Inn and Suites downtown Vancouver. It is especially a pleasure to hear great comments about the members of our front desk, housekeeping and breakfast team.

We hope that you will come back to stay with us soon so we can continue providing you with service that exceeds your expectations.

Aliya Bhatia

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Very nice hotel. Was iin town for literally 24 hours and I needed to find somewhere to sleep. I wish I could have stayed longer so I could have taken advantage of the amenties this hotel has. The gym and hot tub look awesome, I will definitely return, and next time with my swim suit! Great views, spacious roomm, friendly front desk staff. Complimentary breakfast is a bonus. I have many food allergies, and the breakfast staff helped me out in checking exactly what I could and could not eat. A short but great stay!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2011

My husband, two teenage boys and myself stayed 3 nights at this Suite hotel in Vancouver. We had a king suite with a kitchen area, living room with pull-out couch for the boys and a separate bedroom with bath. The room was large and gave us the space and privacy needed from our boys. They have a free shuttle that will take you anywhere downtown but you need to book each morning in advance. They also have free bikes for their hotel guests, but again you need to book each morning in advance. We really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is convenient all areas downtown. My husbands only complaint was the eggs at breakfast seemed they were made from a powdered mix. My boys and I found the free breakfast buffet fine, especially the waffles. I would recommend this hotel especially for families.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Potteryacoma
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We stayed here one night, after several days in Victoria, and boarding the Rocky Mountaineer the next morning. Front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, both at check-in and in the morning, calling a taxi for us so as to arrive almost "on cue" when we were ready to leave. The room was very nice and on an upper floor, as I had requested. We look for Hamptons when traveling, but only chose this one because it was also convenient to the train station (of prime importance to us, because of the early morning train check-in).

Room Tip: I requested an upper floor, and they obliged (15th)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple